1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how can i allow authors submit articles to my WordPress site but can not submit external links

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by fxlock, Nov 2, 2016.

how can i allow authors submit articles to my WordPress site but can not submit external links in their articles on my site ?
    is there any plugin for it or i should change some setting ?

fxlock, Nov 2, 2016 IP
  2. Mubashar125

Mubashar125 Member

Best Answers:
    you can do it in settings with the help of askimet as well i guess that depends on website.but quality links gets you link juice.so i would prefer them @fxlock

Mubashar125, Nov 5, 2016 IP
  3. Nameshark

Nameshark Member

Best Answers:
    There are some plugins, but what I would suggest is that you set your wordpress so that all author posts must be approved before they go live. This would allow you to edit them prior to publishing them. You could then remove any links that you would not want in them.

Nameshark, Nov 5, 2016 IP
  4. thefandango

thefandango Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just set it so submitted posts go to draft. Then highlight all the text in the WP editor, click the button to remove links, then they are all gone.

thefandango, Nov 12, 2016 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Why do something manually that can be controlled easily by a plugin?

It wouldn't be hard to write one which gave the user useful feedback about not having links, perhaps checks for word density to see if they're spamming "dentists in delhi" or something similar.

sarahk, Nov 12, 2016 IP