1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling on Theme Forest

Discussion in 'General Business' started by degreubiwa, Nov 4, 2016.

Does selling Wordpres Themes on themeForest require to setup a website? Do I need to promote themes or I will get sales automatically without promoting the themes submitted there?
    Have you worked with them as Wordpress Theme Developer and what was your experience with them?

degreubiwa, Nov 4, 2016 IP
  2. Nameshark

Nameshark Member

Best Answers:
    From what I remember you do not need to have a website setup. However, it is a good selling point so that you can provide better support for your themes. If you have a great theme you will gain sales there. People will search through the themes and check out the live demos, reviews, etc. If you regularly update your themes that is a huge plus. I have purchased a lot of themes and other items from Envato over the years and I check out every possible seller to get what I am really looking for. It will be rough at first, but as your reputation grows you will be glad you made the choice to sell there. Make sure to concentrate though on providing a good product that gains 5 star reviews. You don't want to be caught in that low area because many people like myself look at those reviews and ratings.

Nameshark, Nov 5, 2016 IP
  3. mokoshalb

mokoshalb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It will give a huge advantage... cos most buyers love seeing an online demo

mokoshalb, Nov 5, 2016 IP
  4. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hi,

Bare in mind that your theme must have something that pop to our eyes, Themeforest succesfull coders makes sites that need hundreds of hours of work but also offer great support all around, I have seen many people failing to succeed on Themeforest as the competition is high.

IG2010, Nov 6, 2016 IP
  5. Nameshark

Nameshark Member

Best Answers:
    Great point. Some of the themes that I have purchased have easy to use theme panels built in and a way to install demo data to help the end user setup quickly and begin customizing to their taste.

Nameshark, Nov 6, 2016 IP