1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wealthy Affiliate deleting my domains

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Kayla Ostrander, Nov 3, 2016.

I started with Wealthy Affiliate a few months ago and about a month ago I switched to SiteGround. I have 3 domains that were all purchased from Wealthy Affiliate(big mistake but I didn't know what I was doing!).

Right now I have 1 domain pointed to SiteGround and the other two are just chilling. Wealthy Affiliate says that they are going to delete my domains in 5 days. Are they even allowed to do this considering I purchased the domains from them?

I'm going to move the domain I'm using to SiteGround but I wanted to keep the other 2 there so I could possibly use them in the future.

Kayla Ostrander, Nov 3, 2016 IP
  2. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Domains are renewed on a yearly basis, they're not a "one time purchase".

Surely this was mentioned in the emails you have received, the terms agreed to at checkout, and right on the site http://www.wealthyaffiliate.com/domains/

sweetpea69, Nov 3, 2016 IP
  3. ScissBee

ScissBee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well, it could be because you haven't properly read their TOS and if they provided you some kind of promo you should use them for some period or something like that.

ScissBee, Nov 3, 2016 IP
  4. Kayla Ostrander

Kayla Ostrander Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I know they have to be renewed yearly. My domain is only like 4 months old.

My question is can they delete my domain if it isn't expiring, just because I cancelled my hosting. I was under the impression that these were two seperate things. It is for every other hosting service that offers domains, such as GoDaddy.

Kayla Ostrander, Nov 3, 2016 IP
  5. thetechtalk

thetechtalk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Check the expiry of your domain. They shouldn't delete the domain if you are just moving host. That's why they always suggest to keep domain and hosting separate.

thetechtalk, Nov 10, 2016 IP
  6. Kayla Ostrander

Kayla Ostrander Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I figured it out. I guess they still give hosting for a month after your membership ends. So they were talking about the hosting being deleted, not the domains. Thanks for all of the replies!

Kayla Ostrander, Nov 10, 2016 IP