1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Third world countries and the possibilities

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Warefly, Nov 2, 2016.

Hi guys,

So running with a wild thought here, but shouldn't we all be developing more businesses that offer services to these under developed countries? I'm originally from Mexico, but I grew up in the United States and 4 years ago I made the transition back to Mexico. At first I thought, holy shit I'm going to be kidnapped, the cartels are going to kill me, fuck me... The more I spent time here though, obviously not being kidnapped or killed, I started to notice how quickly this place is developing. Now obviously, this is thanks to the many foreign companies that have established here creating many jobs in the process... Thats where things get tricky though, see many people have jobs now, but limited amount of places to spend their money... If you asked a random person here if they've ever used amazon to shop, they will probably confuse it with the amazon forest... Simple things that you find in first world countries you cannot find here.... And I mean simple, like a website of your favorite restaurant, most restaurants here use facebook for advertising... They seriously like to pretend like google doesn't exist or like if it's simply not worth the time making one now adays.

[​IMG]

When it comes to technology and the simple things they are missing simply amazes me, but at the same time puts a smile at my face. I think anyone is happy when they see such an open market for the taking. Going back to the example of the websites, the only known company who offers to make websites is godaddy... Leaving a market open, one of many, so... Rephrasing my initial question, why aren't we all developing more businesses that offer services to these under developed countries?

This is just a thought, not intended to offend anyone, so....yea....

Warefly, Nov 2, 2016 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  2. PuneetJvw

PuneetJvw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    This is a very new and innovative perspective.

I am surprised that even though the jobs are created and money is pumped into the system, people are not using internet.

Are you sure about the fact because last I checked more than 50% of the population in Mexico is using the internet.

http://www.alexa.com/topsites/countries/MX - Amazon is 18th which is not too bad.

PuneetJvw, Nov 2, 2016 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm always astounded by people who come on here and they're based in huge countries with good rates of internet usage and yet they focus on getting American traffic like it's somehow better than local traffic. I get that ads pay better but there's more to the internet than earning off lousy ad clicks. If you aren't publishing a unique angle of the niche you are in then you will be wasting your time.

There's a lot to be said for serving your local community and serving it well. People like to do business with people they can meet, or at least talk to in their own language and who understand the local business customs etc.

sarahk, Nov 2, 2016 IP
  4. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is a lot of possibilities in doing business in third-world countries. Like any other business though, you must first know the country there. I would make an example with McDonald's and how they vary their products according to the people living there. Americans notice that spaghetti served in McDonald's in the Philippines tastes different than those in the U.S.--it has been made according to how the people in the Philippines would like it. Also in places like Japan, McDonald's has rice burgers, where the buns are made of rice instead of the usual wheat. That's just an example on how to tailor products according the place it is being sold to. in short, know the market more than anything else.

Milliardo, Nov 3, 2016 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Americans who eat McDonalds in NZ say the meat tastes different - probably because it's grass fed by default rather than corn fed as is the norm in the US.

But that's big multi nationals.

For us little guys, focussing on neglected markets could be very profitable.

sarahk, Nov 3, 2016 IP
  6. Galperin

Galperin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Doing business in third-world countries can be rather profitable if you know how everything works over there.
    You have to know background of the definite country.

Galperin, Nov 3, 2016 IP
  7. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    If the existing laws were enforced more entrepreneurs would jump on that bandwagon. As an example. Stealing mail (letters, packages, etc.) in the US is a felony. You can get up to 5 years in prison plus a huge fine (something as ridiculous as 250K). In some under-developed countries you can only hope that your mail will be delivered, since mail theft is prevalent and no one seems to care. What's even worse, you'll have to bribe your way to your entrepreneurial success. Doing business and bribes go hand-in-hand. I know I paint with a broad brush here, but it's not a pretty picture whichever way you look at it, nonetheless.

qwikad.com, Nov 3, 2016 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    If you look at https://www.digitalpoint.com/members/usermap you'll see that there are plenty of entrepreneurs from those countries and it makes sense that they understand their local business environment better than the US - yet the US seems to be the focus.

sarahk, Nov 3, 2016 IP
  9. Warefly

Warefly Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    People are using the internet, but they're are doing a horrible job at it. The population as a whole doesn't really have a clue on how to it properly. You can ask any citizen here about how they use it and it will normally be on one of 3 things... Facebook, whatsapp, and youtube. They wouln't be able to recognize the benefits from it otherwise. The reason I don't mention google is because people here still use hear say to pick their restaurants and learn their schedules, etc, and if they look it up they do it on facebook not google.

Warefly, Nov 3, 2016 IP
  10. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is true. Knowing the market is essential.

Milliardo, Nov 3, 2016 IP
  11. treyarnon

treyarnon Active Member

Best Answers:
    Warefly asks a valid question. I have lived 25 years in Latin America and have had success with PLR products in the past that I have translated into the local language. There is so much stuff available in English that is not translated into Spanish or Portuguese. So it's a good opportunity and you don't have to edit too much as the product you are creating is the only one that exists! I also choose my topics carefully to make sure that what I am providing is of value to this specific market; a lot of stuff is quite US-centric and written for a US audience, I find.

treyarnon, Nov 4, 2016 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  12. Nameshark

Nameshark Member

Best Answers:
    There are opportunities everywhere not just in the U.S. or Europe. Third world countries are developing quickly now and as they do the opportunities for those willing to seize them will be rewarding. Sometimes we have to make a leap of faith in business.

Nameshark, Nov 5, 2016 IP
  13. martinrei

martinrei Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What about selling local unique mexican products to bigger markets like USA or UK?

I understand you can even export to the amazon warehouses and use their FBA service and sell to americans on the amazon platform...

I´am asuming you know spanish. Saludos y exito!

martinrei, Nov 12, 2016 IP
  14. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Seems to me you guys are all missing the point. The guy specifically said UNDER developed countries. 99% of countries do not fall into this category. Here' a quick list of current under developed countries:

http://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/least_developed_countries.htm

(another reference: http://www.countrydetail.com/top-10-underdeveloped-countries-world-hit-list/)

I honestly do not know who from the West would want to venture out to do business in those countries.

Philippines, Mexico, Russia, China, etc. are NOT under developed countries. Or maybe the OP meant something totally different when he said "third world / under developed countries".

qwikad.com, Nov 12, 2016 IP