1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tethering WiFi Hotspot Keeps Disconnecting

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dcristo, Oct 31, 2016.

Since changing network provider I've had nothing but issues with the WiFi hotspot to access the net on my laptop. It disconnects constantly throughout the day particularly during peak times.

Any ideas what it could be? Doing some research online, I've tried turning auto sync off, which didn't work. If you turn airplane mode on/off it will reconnect, but this is hardly a practical solution when it keeps disconnecting.

It was working fine with another provider but I changed the plan because it wasn't enough data. So, it is hard to see how the issue could be the phone. Oh, I've also got it plugged into the charger, which I have read you should do when tethering WiFi from your phone.

dcristo, Oct 31, 2016 IP
  2. wordplucker

wordplucker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Tethering is when you are connected to the phone via USB, an actual tether....

See if your hotspot configuration has a setting to disconnect after XX minutes of 'inactivity', mine was set to 10 minutes as factory default. Go get a cup of coffee and the damn thing had to reconnect. Annoying.

wordplucker, Oct 31, 2016 IP
    dcristo likes this.
  3. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Gotchya... so the term I should really be using is Hotspot?

Thanks for the suggestion, I will definitely look into that.

dcristo, Oct 31, 2016 IP
  4. VerdinaNET

VerdinaNET Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you would have had this option on with the previous provider the problem would have been the same, right. What about network coverage, you might be losing signal strength. Other thing is some power management options turned on ?

VerdinaNET, Nov 1, 2016 IP