1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying server speed optimization expert

Discussion in 'Programming' started by iamalive, Sep 6, 2016.

I need someone to optimize the load speed of my server

List the tweaks you will be able to do one by one in a PM
    1)
    2)
    3)
    etc
    Each tweak has to be specified with what benefit it will bring me

I will not entertain non listed Pm's or pm's where the benefits are not clearly mentioned
    Of course you will have to mention a price

Server is centos 6 with whm

iamalive, Sep 6, 2016 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You are aware that you provide NO useful information in that post, besides what OS and crappy webmin it's running?

How about saying what you're running on the server, how speed is affected, what are you looking for, speed wise, and what, if anything have you tried already. At a bare minimum, at least give us the type of server. Is it a webserver hosting websites? If so, what server are you running? Is it an FTP Server? Personal cloud? Image host? Video files? What's the bandwidth? What's the load? What's the actual server specs?

PoPSiCLe, Sep 6, 2016 IP
  3. iamalive

iamalive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    66.7% - 2
    Nothing except whm is on there that is why nothing else is mentioned. This is a basic ovh centos 6 whm install.
    Sites are static & wp sites.

None of your questions are relevant at all since you would be listing the tweaks you would be able to do. Also, I've yet to encounter a whm setup with an ftp server running as its main purpose ;)
    I will decide based on that information who to hire and for what price. There is no need for me to provide further info beyond that for any server expert worth his salt, as they would at least be able to provide me with a list of few tweaks and continue the conversation further by pm and not in public.

I do not see any value at all in your post, except coming of as semi-authoritative with pseudo-knowledge and condescending to your potential clients but actually saying nothing worth mentioning. I would not hire anyone as rude as you.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    iamalive, Sep 6, 2016 IP
  4. cLogik

cLogik Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    It's extremely relevant what your using the server for and he's asking all the right questions.

I have yet to encounter a server running WHM where speed is of importance ;)

If you want a devop (Server expert) worth his salt, then you will be told the price and who to hire when.

Public is always better then PM. Saves everyone time.

Your the only one being rude, coming of as a semi-authoritative and condescending, all in that last sentence of yours. I'm sure he as a freelancer (Just like me) would never accept a client with such an attitude.

Your asking for help on a topic you clearly don't know much about! His questions are all in place and all matters, really good questions as well. As a friendly note, then you, as the employeer, should remember that your not the expert, the freelancer your hiring is. Answering his questions (Regardless of how dumb they seem to you, the guy with no knowledge, the guy who needs someone elses help) is always the wise thing to do.

cLogik, Sep 6, 2016 IP
  5. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Without futzing with ngnix or litespeed this is about a 10 min procedure. I would take it up with the guy who set it up for you in the first place as he has failed you terribly.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Sep 6, 2016 IP
  6. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    http://wordpressoptimizationguide.blogspot.in/

This is what i will do ( the guide is a comprehensive one, based on 3-4 different ways , i will do the relevant one for you)

IF you think you can do it, then you can also do it step by step ( as given in this guide) but if not, then i can do it for you.
    payment AFTER satisfaction. i dont' take any advance of any type.

PM me if interested

Regards

competent123, Sep 6, 2016 IP
  7. iamalive

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    66.7% - 2
    If you have yet to encounter a whm server where speed is of importance then you may want to look for another line of work. Most sites are run on cpanel/whm and I am sure no one wants their site to run slow. I know there are better options out there like litespeed enterprise (which works with whm btw) and openlitespeed which does not, but there are many setups like nginx with tweaks which work fine with whm and are scalable in terms of wordpress sites.

What makes you think I do not know? I run more sites than you have bills in your wallet, and yes, now I am for the first time, condescending, thank you.

I have asked the interested applicant to submit his price, so I do not see what is the issue there.

Public details on my server config would open my server up to any potential security risk. I would not be discussing any specifics in public. If sending a Pm for more info is too much time to invest in a potential gig then this is not the job for you.

Also, I am sure you have better things to do, such as checking out this scam report about you where you managed to trick someone out of $1600 and deliver non working bugged code over months of delay.
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...-html-css3-js-w-jquery.2787462/#post-19377489

iamalive, Sep 7, 2016 IP
  8. cLogik

cLogik Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    I don't see a scam report, i see someone who posted an accusation and never replied when i replied. Thats someone who is lying about what their saying ;)

Most amature websites run WHM / cPanel. Not one single professional website that depends on speed IN THE ENTIRE WORLD, is run under cPanel / WHM. cPanel is equal to "noobs" and is only used by hosting providers that aim to host personal blogs and crappy static website like the shit you have.

I know you dont know, based on what your saying! I have 14 years experience as a programmer, freelancer and devops. I do this full time, every day, all day, all year long. And i'm telling you straight out! You not only have less websites then i have bills in my wallet, you also have way less websites then i do, nor do you a single website of importance, to anyone, but yourself. It's pretty obvious that you DONT have a freaking clue whats going on, and your only worried about cost. There is no need to be a rude little know-it-all when your coming to a forum asking for help, and those willing to help you, ask questions. There you got some condecending crap back.

All in all, if speed is important, barebone Debian / CentOS / Ubuntu with just Apache / Nginx is where you should start, and stick with config files (Like everyone else) and completely forget that any such thing as a "control panel" exists.

"I need to setup 150 sites on the same server with 2 different nameservers for each and a different static ip for each" <-- Sure, you really know what your doing.

---

You seem to love to trash-talk and throw around links you found on Google after 30 seconds like your a real pro and know all and everything (lol)

Here peeps, for those who want to work with this guy, perhaps you guys can trade stars on Upwork? ;)

http://www.blackhatworld.com/seo/upwork-review.783059/page-2

Must be emberassing to be so clueless, so in-experienced, that you have to ask other freelancers to leave you fake reviews ;)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    cLogik, Sep 7, 2016 IP
  9. iamalive

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    66.7% - 2
    Looking at your answers you are probably just a little skid looking for a flame war on an open forum and have nothing better to do.

You are just butthurt I ignored your proposal via PM and left the pm convo.

I see a scam report, as you did not provide what he paid for. Which is a scam.
    He may not have replied as he may have a life and money to make and know that talking to a deadbeat like you on an open forum may not be worth his time or get you to pay him back after you delayed him for several months only to come up with some crappy code that does not work. This in no way clears you of a scam. It just shows he is a businessmen looking to maximize the ROI on his time, which clearly is not well spent talking to a scammer.

I am not asking for "help". I am hiring someone for money, there is a large difference there, mister.
    I can't give 2 shits about your so called "help". Please find a place where the sun does not shine and put your help there, stick it deep too.

Nowhere did it say I am "worried" about costs. You mistake being cheap with thriftiness. One is where you are just a cheapskate looking to find the absolute lowest cost for your small budget and one is where you actively seek out the best value for your investment at all times and ensuring the ROI is maxed.

You need to learn how to read. In that thread I asked for a unique nameserver for each site and a seperate Ip for each. Nowhere does it say just 2 nameservers.
    I am happy to get a mod to verify I earned over xx.xxx from just one site in the last month, of course not all sites earn that well but each pays its rent, which is what my standard is. Anyway I cannot care if you believe me or not, you mean nothing to me (nor anyone else giving their 2 cents).

If you earned that kind of money you would not be pitching jobs as these on DP which would net you no more than 75-150usd but working on your own sites or relaxing in the sun.
    if you had that kind of experience and not earn any decent money, which clearly you do not, you need to find another line of work. 14 years of experience would earn you more money than a gig on DP has to offer or make a difference for IF you did it right. So you are just a lot of air and talk. Your site does not even rank for shit nor are you established in any way.

iamalive, Sep 7, 2016 IP
  10. cLogik

cLogik Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Haha, you must be the biggest most in-experienced know-it-all i have ever encountered.

Your crappy English just make it a huge dramashow! Want to make popcorn and get a drink.

cLogik, Sep 7, 2016 IP
  11. iamalive

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    66.7% - 2
    Yes, my level of English has everything to do with your incompetent deadbeat behaviour or the fact that you were not able to refute my arguments.
    I am sure you would be pleased to know that I own one of the larger content marketing agencies out there. I guess my level of English is more than sufficient to make me bank of that skill, as compared to your skill of server administration where you would have to look for a few bucks on DP after 14 years. Keep it going. You will get somewhere, someday. Maybe in another 14 years? :)

Btw in-experienced is spelled wrong. The correct spelling is inexperienced
    Also, dramashow is incorrect. There is no such word, it comes with a space between the 2 words, written as drama show.

Carry on.

iamalive, Sep 7, 2016 IP
  12. iamalive

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    66.7% - 2
    This job was long completed - thread closed

iamalive, Oct 27, 2016 IP