1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling leather products on Shopify

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Youness1995, Sep 24, 2016.

Hello
    I need your help please.
    I want to start creating a shop through Shopify to market high quality leather products. it's a handmade products (handbags,bags,cases,pencil cases...and many leather products )
    Is it an profitable niche? Any ideas or advices?or any tips to sell it for an affordable price ? i"ll be thankful

Youness1995, Sep 24, 2016 IP
  2. monstercase

monstercase Active Member

Best Answers:
    It really vary between many factors, such as if there any brand, you have to look at your competitive prices that are selling either the same or similar items. I do recommend creating a plan of putting your shop out there, as you're not selling on ebay or amazon so nobody knows about your shopify shop as well.

monstercase, Sep 24, 2016 IP
    biili likes this.
  3. Youness1995

Youness1995 Member

Best Answers:
    my prdoucts are made of original leather (handmade products) i'm not trying to sell it for an expensive price just like other companies , so you're telling me to start selling my product on E-bay first ?

Youness1995, Sep 24, 2016 IP
  4. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just selling your leather products will not convert but first try to study the field and also your competitors on how they market their own items. Every business sell original products like yours so you need to make it unique and interesting to benefit your users.

KylieSweet, Sep 25, 2016 IP
  5. Youness1995

Youness1995 Member

Best Answers:
    th
    thank you Keylie , that was such a valuable reply

Youness1995, Sep 26, 2016 IP
  6. Nadine Cathleen

Nadine Cathleen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would start on etsy first before I'd create my own shop.

Nadine Cathleen, Sep 26, 2016 IP
    Importexport likes this.
  7. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Or on eBay?

The good thing about eBay is you can see if similar products have sold in the recent past.

dcristo, Sep 26, 2016 IP
  8. Youness1995

Youness1995 Member

Best Answers:
    thanks you guys for your replies , I think i'll start on E-bay and see if it gonna work

Youness1995, Sep 27, 2016 IP
  9. Irene_Loor

Irene_Loor Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to have your own website I can recommend you a great ecommerce software that is targeted at small and midsize businesses. It is called Browuse, in its package you will get a Magento website theme with its installation, website hosting plus unlimited email accounts, ect. Also, you can use for free for 2 months that's why you can register and see whether it makes sense for you to have a separate store without and investments or obligations.

I cannot add links to my posts yet, but you can google and find it on your own. Hope it'll help.

Irene_Loor, Sep 28, 2016 IP
  10. Youness1995

Youness1995 Member

Best Answers:
    Th
    anks Irene , i will definetely try it

Youness1995, Sep 28, 2016 IP
  11. heftzwecke

heftzwecke Member

Best Answers:
    Hi I would start selling your products offline at markets and fairs. Then you know exactly who your clients are. Of course, the offline clients are a bit different to the online clients, but you will learn a lot. If you are making the products yourself etsy might be a good idea.

heftzwecke, Sep 28, 2016 IP
    Importexport likes this.
  12. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Handmade leather products can be a profitable niche. Key to this is first of all knowing your market. Once you know your market, you can then make a plan on how to approach that market. Include in your plan how to effectively advertise your products. Online one of the best ways to advertise is through social media.

Milliardo, Oct 10, 2016 IP
  13. ZieshaShey

ZieshaShey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can start with ebay or amazon.

ZieshaShey, Oct 11, 2016 IP
  14. JamesONeill

JamesONeill Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This here, great advice. Worry about how you will market before you worry about how your infrastructure will work. The latter is easy. The former isn't.

JamesONeill, Oct 12, 2016 IP
  15. Importexport

Importexport Member

Best Answers:
    It appears that you are making these items yourself? If so, that 's good because at least you will know that you are using real leather.

On the other hand, if you are buying from another supplier, beware of claims that the item is genuine leather. It might be, but with a huge amount of importing experience I have seen many so-called leather products that are made of artificial materials.

Some suppliers refer to PU Leather, but how many people know what PU means? It is an abbreviation of the word Polyurethane, which is a plastic. It can be made to look like leather, feel like leather, and even smell like leather, but it costs only a fraction of what real leather costs.

eBay listings will include a lot of fake leather items. Here is an example: The items are listed as Leather, but if you read the whole product description you will find it is not leather, it is artificial: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fashion-Women-Handbag-Shoulder-Bag-Leather-Messenger-Hobo-Bag-Satchel-Purse-New-/262680387379?var=&hash=item3d28f89f33:m:mKqzrGY6j_362mVkAGSB4MQ There are many more like that.

Walter Hay
    Provenchinasourcing
    P.S. I agree that etsy could be the best place for you to start.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    Importexport, Oct 20, 2016 IP
  16. Youness1995

Youness1995 Member

Best Answers:
    hey t
    hanks for you reply , I really got what you means , i'm pretty sure that i have a high quality leather products made of 100% leather , that's why i'm so optmistic about my products , but the shipping price from my country is really a nightmare , that's the only thing stopping me from doing business online

Youness1995, Oct 23, 2016 IP
  17. Lucyeva

Lucyeva Peon

Best Answers:
    Completely agreed with kylie, It is not the investment that gives you return on investment(ROI), many even and odds come in your way when you start an online store. Before going to make such an initiative, first, study the business plan. Read the success stories, meet those people, define the probability of success. How they started, what risks may involve or you might have to face. Never hurry to put loads of investment.
    Draw a road map, make a plan then go for it.

Lucyeva, Oct 25, 2016 IP
  18. Youness1995

Youness1995 Member

Best Answers:
    I
    I don't think i have a big risk in investing , cuz the products i have is already made for selling , i just wanna promote it online ,i don't think it takes a lot of investements

Youness1995, Oct 30, 2016 IP
  19. Lucyeva

Lucyeva Peon

Best Answers:
    You again missed my point Youness, the issue is not to put investment, lets even believe that the product is made for selling and you want to promote it online, tell me what is the probability that the outcome will be 80% even more or less than 80? You have no idea of the outcome, this si the very perspective I am talking about. Investment is not an issue but, ensure the ration of success before initiating any investment.

Lucyeva, Nov 7, 2016 IP
  20. Youness1995

Youness1995 Member

Best Answers:
    So what would i do Lucyeva ? test some products before getting into a real investment ? or is there any other ways to make sure that my business will be successful online? and thanks a lot , i really appreciate your replies

Youness1995, Nov 8, 2016 IP