1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain redirect

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by mlatre, Oct 24, 2016.

I have a website that I want to remove. I will cancel the hosting contract but I will keep the name which is registered for another few years. I will be getting a new host and a new name. Where do I do a redirect from the old name to the new name since the old site will no longer exist?

mlatre, Oct 24, 2016 IP
  2. webhostpython

webhostpython Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

It depends on where you would like to do it and what registrar you're using. You can do it inside of most registrars under "redirects" or you can do it with your new web hosting control panel. If you have, for example, a new web host that has cPanel and allows addon domains, simply create the addon domain for the old site. Then, setup the redirect from within cPanel and let it know the URL of your new site so that all visitors going to the old site will go to the new site. Then, in your domain registrar (for the old site) point the domain to the new web host so that it can pick up the redirect.

It sounds much harder than what it really is. You can even contact your domain registrars support team and ask them to please setup a redirect for your old domain to point to newdomain.com. They should have no problem doing that for you. Thanks

webhostpython, Oct 24, 2016 IP
  3. mhosting.in

mhosting.in Member

Best Answers:
    recurring pay till you want to save old domain.
    redirect your old domain to new from your cpanel
    1. login to cpanel in domain area
    2. click on alias or redirect enter your domain name
    3. then click on add button done.

Attached Files:

mhosting.in, Oct 25, 2016 IP
  4. harry_v

harry_v Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is quite an easy. You need to use your domain registrar's DNS service.
    - Open your domain control panel (Domain registrar's panel from where you manage the domain).
    - There must be an option to set your registrar's nameservers. Set their nameservers.
    - Once done, find the option of DNS records management option.
    - Set 301 redirection from current domain to new domain name.

harry_v, Nov 27, 2017 IP