SERPS & Tracking

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Forsh, Oct 23, 2016.

Ugh, with so much personalizing and localizing of search results how can anyone accurately track their, or their client, positioning?

Things I used to do:
    Log out of every Google related service
    Only use Internet Explorer for this, I never use it for anything else

Use third party screenshot services to get a glacé of the positioning without any chance of my personalizing affecting the results

Nothing seems accurate or consistent though. Since March my focus has been on content like Google advises...but I am unsure why Google says to focus only on content, if I didn't monitor positioning I never would have seen these things and more:

*A nameserver change that caused my domains to be deindexed

*The 30, 40, 50 and sometimes more bots per day that ignore robots.txt, mask what they are, switch their IP addresses, and spoof their geolocation and run my purchased CPU resources on business hosting to the ground in only a few days and only seeing the errors by monitoring SERP positioning

*See Google drop pages due to negative-SEO

You know, lots of things. If I didn't follow the SERPS I wouldn't know that Google changed their "rules" -- because there was a time where Google actual said (Via Matt Cutts) that they don't penalize for off-site factors

*See more negative SEO that doesn't involve links or bouncerate, instead using your NAP against you, because Google doesn't tell you what to check for, many times you have to see it happening before you know about it

Is there a consistent way that you track your positioning that is "mostly" accurate?

Forsh, Oct 23, 2016 IP
  2. Ditmar

Ditmar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can use Chrome incognito mode for manual tracking.
    For automatic accurate tracking without your personalizing affecting the results, you can try Topvisor Rank Tracker Tool.

Ditmar, Oct 23, 2016 IP
  3. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I would consider Ahrefs Rank Tracker, as well as getting the paid version of Ahrefs for so many reasons. I've been using Ahrefs for close to two years now, highly recommended.

evelinawilliams007, Oct 24, 2016 IP