1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Need Long-Term Content Writers (Fashion/Factual)

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by ColdRicePudding, Oct 20, 2016.

Hello everyone!

I am looking for multiple Native English writers for my factual website who can provide high quality articles - on time and well written. I will be needing long-term writers who can provide regular content, (4+ articles per month).

There are a variety of niches I need writers for including: Fashion, Celebrities, Film & TV, Games, Sport

Please send me a message with the following details:
    - Examples of your writing
    - What niche(s) you enjoy writing about
    - Rate of Pay
    - What your hobbies are
    - A fun fact about yourself

Please note - I only want Native English writers - If your message to me doesn't make sense, includes bad spelling/grammar, or bores me - I'm not interested.

Look forward to your messages!
    Thanks

ColdRicePudding, Oct 20, 2016 IP
  2. knowledgeherald

knowledgeherald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Would you accept message from a non-native writer who writes in Huffington Post?

knowledgeherald, Oct 20, 2016 IP
  3. ColdRicePudding

ColdRicePudding Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey, you can send me a message & I'll look at your articles, however it's unlikely to work out, unless your English is 100% perfect.
    (Sorry if that sounds harsh)

4. knowledgeherald

knowledgeherald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I can understand sometimes client look for complete perfection. Sending message in a while. thnx

knowledgeherald, Oct 20, 2016 IP
  5. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It's entirely your call and we can all respect that but.....(yes there is a but here) Non native writers if they are to be competent, have to try harder to improve their skills. They do this by constant practice and by studying their craft, including improving their command of English on a daily basis. In fact the two best writers on DP in my opinion, are non native writers.
    I feel that you are limiting yourself by this choice. By the way, I am ESL.

Spoiltdiva, Oct 20, 2016 IP
  6. ColdRicePudding

ColdRicePudding Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I do understand what you're saying, and maybe I am limiting myself, however in the past I've had various non-native writers & I've always found myself having to correct things that a native writer would know is incorrect.
    I know that sounds bad, and I know everyone's level of English is different... but it just makes reviewing articles a lot faster for me - I currently have about 6 writers & not a lot of spare time to check every detail of each article...

I hope that doesn't sound too harsh - that's not my intentions here.

If you'd like to send me some examples of your writing, I'd still be happy to take a look & if it's the standard we are looking for, we'll still consider you for long-term writing.

Thanks

7. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for your generous offer but it's been years since I made a living from writing. (advertising) I moved up the corporate ladder, got out from underneath a repressive contract, and am now making a living from real estate and other means.
    But in my time as an executive, I hired many non native writers as I was involved with translating advertising slogans, jingles and articles into English and other languages. I left that life feeling very impressed with our foreign writers.
    Good luck to you with all, and I hope some day you will change your mind on hiring exclusively native writers.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    Spoiltdiva, Oct 20, 2016 IP
    Luq, ColdRicePudding and Vitarank like this.
  8. MurrayRothbard

MurrayRothbard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    "I can understand sometimes client look for complete perfection. Sending message in a while. "

This is awkwardly / incorrectly phrased and is aggravating for the reader. A better formulation is the following.

"I can understand that sometimes a client expects perfection; I will send you a message in a while."

MurrayRothbard, Oct 21, 2016 IP
  9. Bernard Mark

Bernard Mark Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well, my 2cent contribution;

There none native english speakers that write very good content, so i doubt if that should be a limitation, maybe you take a look at previous work and make better judgement of grammatical expressions instead of judging by nativity.

Keep up the good work OP

Bernard Mark, Oct 21, 2016 IP
  10. wco

wco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    With all due respect, and I've seen you around forums and by no means 'dislike you', I do disagree with you. Often, it's (realistically speaking) been exactly that, both personal - or shared - experiences along with the illustration of being inadequate for the job upon reviewing a non-native English speakers previous work. I don't like how this thread evolved into some sort of 'moral' debate about the OP's business choices though, and will express my disappointment and disgust with this because I don't see the difference between it, distracting everyone from the purpose of this thread, and 'hijacking' a thread.

wco, Oct 24, 2016 IP
    ColdRicePudding likes this.