1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Does It Take To Succeed In Internet Marketing?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by themichaelcook, Oct 10, 2016.

I am new to this forum as I have heard nothing but good things about it and I also wanted to connect with a different bunch of folks other than the one's over at the Warrior Forum and I just wanted to start by giving a little bit of advice to some of the people on here who may be struggling to find their way or are new to this industry.

I have quietly been making a living online for about 3 years now so I know a thing or two about Internet Marketing. I did not start becoming successful in internet marketing until I stopped chasing the push button dream and Shiny Object Syndrome that plagues the Internet Marketing Industry. So I’ve Laid out 6 simple steps that I put in place in my own business after garnering over $40,000 for my Internet Marketing education and these steps have helped me become successful and they can you as well, if you take action!

Now I don’t want you to think this is going to happen overnight because it’s not you have to work your butt off just like you would in any other business to make you successful. The cool part is its not Hard Work but nonetheless you have to put work in to reap the rewards of living the Internet Lifestyle.. So Lets get to those 6 Steps you need to implement in your business to become successful.

Treat This Like A Business:

That’s right, I see people all the time come into this business that think that it is easy to become a successful internet marketer without doing work. Remember me talking about Chasing the Dream and Shiny Object Syndrome? Perfect example in case. Listen folks I’m going to be blunt with you for a second and if I offend any of you I apologize.

STOP Chasing the latest Fad and Concentrate on one thing, one system that you know that has stood the test of time and is just as strong today as it ever was and if you do that and you take action everyday and treat this like a business then and only then my friend you will start to reap the rewards of the Internet Marketing Lifestyle. That lifestyle sounds good don’t it?

You treat this as anything other than YOUR BUSINESS and treat it as a hobby then that is exactly what its going to be.

Get Hosting:

Yes you must get hosting this is basic business common sense. How do you plan on running a wildly successful internet marketing business if you don’t invest in the tools that you need to set you up for that success? I want you to think about that previous sentence I just wrote and if you don’t have hosting you need to get some now.

You need to do your research on a hosting company that fits your needs.

I personally use D9 hosting and have used them for years and they are an excellent hosting company.

Build An Email List:

The absolute most important asset your business will ever have is your Email List. Say for instance you got a new product you created and you have no affiliates, No List, No Nothing? Think about it, Your sales will be low for all that work you did on creating a good product you think will help people out.

But Say you created a product and you have an email list of a few thousand people and you send out a single email to that list promoting your new product and it could potentially lead into the tens of thousands of dollars of profit all from a simple email. So you see how powerful having a list is? If you're not building one you're leaving thousands of dollars of profit on the table. Start building your list today and definitely do not put it off.

Create Your Own Products:

Now selling affiliate products is fine and you should most definitely promote affiliate products.

But if you want to be seen as an expert in your chosen niche that you're knowledgeable in, then you must also sell your own products.

Whatever your chosen niche is, research it, see what the hottest selling items are in your niche and only if you're knowledgeable in that subject, then create a version of your own with your own experience.

The Right System:

The Right System? What do you mean Michael? I mean you have to use a Marketing System that has stood the test of time or other wise your business will not go no further than what it is right now. You have to have a system that can capture your leads then send them to One Time Offers, Upsells, Downsells, etc.,

I can go on and on about this but for the sake of not writing a whole novel I’m not going to do that. You see having a proven system in place with a strong funnel and strong follow up and Back End in place then you're on your way to Internet Marketing Success.

Traffic:

The Lifeblood of any Internet Marketing business is traffic and that’s a given. Without any eyeballs on you or your products then no sales come in point blank. So after you get your whole marketing system set up from start to finish then all you have to do is drive traffic and you will be making money on auto pilot if you have a strong follow up series and back end in place.

There are plenty of ways to drive traffic both free and paid.

I myself mix in a variation of both, but tend to stick with paid traffic as it is scalable and when I find a campaign that is bringing me in $2 or more for every $1 that I invest, then I scale that baby up big time.

So once you get your whole system set up start driving traffic and your profits will truly be on autopilot.

A Few Free ways to drive traffic is Forum Marketing, Article Marketing, Video Marketing(I love this method)..

Also a few paid methods you can use is Facebook PPC, Bing PPC, and Solo Ads.

This in a nutshell folks is the blueprint to Internet Marketing Success.

I hope you enjoyed this post and if you did let me know by leaving a comment below and let's connect and get to know each other here at DP.

Till Next Time Folks,

Michael Cook

themichaelcook, Oct 10, 2016 IP
  2. themichaelcook

themichaelcook Member

Best Answers:
    By the way, I don't know why the bold part you see turned out like that, hmmm..

Sorry about that!

themichaelcook, Oct 10, 2016 IP
  3. Matteo Matt

Matteo Matt Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    This is a good informative post, I would say the e-mail one can't be stressed enough. It am super guilty of it, even in my own projects I quickly realized I had to set something up because it helps maximize each unique visitor. Once they are gone they might not come back, but if you have their e-mail you can deliver good content and build a good reputation, as you promote more offers or new products.

Matteo Matt, Oct 11, 2016 IP
  4. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am not a big fan of email marketing myself, but interested to know what is the subscription rate you have over visitors? And do you have an ROI on the emails campaigns you do?

Mehdi.b, Oct 11, 2016 IP
  5. Matteo Matt

Matteo Matt Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Like I said I am guilty of not doing it, so I have no answers for that, haha. Its probably one reason my long term businesses in the past never took off. I am a day or 2 away of putting them on my websites now to get started, but learning that stuff takes a bit. I just mention it because I have always known it was a place I was failing at, and I recommend others dont make the same mistake.

Matteo Matt, Oct 11, 2016 IP
  6. MR Masud Khan

MR Masud Khan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    this post is most effective trick for a marketer . I am appreciate to you any marketer to follow your post he will be successes as affiliate marketer

MR Masud Khan, Oct 13, 2016 IP
  7. bigeguide

bigeguide Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you for sharing this.I am just playing a new email marketer,but before my project comes true,i need more traffic that i know forum marketing,twitter etc.But instead of doing that lot of enjoy moment up,i am sometimes feel out of world.I am know understand that so addicted of my purpose.I am so shying what i am doing but i covered by something here to shared:) .I am worried about i am feeling out of balanced,but life is not just yoga or meditation.I am too confused sorry about that.

bigeguide, Oct 19, 2016 IP
  8. Aravision74

Aravision74 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you Michael for a top level walk through of what is neded to succeed. I see that you invested heavily in your personal education. Everything you talk about is what the top moneymakers teach and not only did you learn but you implemented to start making money. Good for you. We need examples of people living the dot com life style!

Aravision74, Oct 19, 2016 IP
  9. refinementservices

refinementservices Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice thread!

I think affiliate marketers have kind of created a bad name for themselves over the past few years due to people abusing them and creating spammy websites that do everything they can to deceive the consumer.

I think the biggest thing to be taken from this post is sincerity. If a product or service isn't good then an affiliate marketer should be honest with their audience and say that. And the same goes the other way. When you love a product (like lead pages), be sincere about it.

There's definitely still room for affiliate marketing, as long as you take an honest angle on it. Serve, don't deceive.

We've just created this free 5-day course on affiliate marketing as a part of the launch for one of our client's own affiliate programs. It's a big plug but it might be useful to people wanting to get started:
    http://launch.refinementservices.com/create-a-successful-online-referral-business

All the best out there!

refinementservices, Nov 10, 2016 IP