1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it possible to restrict one subscription account to one device only?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by chocoholic1122, Oct 12, 2016.

I want to make a monthly subscription site. The problem is that people would then share their accounts with each other which would significantly reduce my profit. I just want to know whether it is possible to restrict one subscription to one device only? Or any other possible solution?

chocoholic1122, Oct 12, 2016 IP
  2. Einheijar

Einheijar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You could always store session ID and logout previous user if there is a new session.

Einheijar, Oct 12, 2016 IP
  3. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Depending on what you have available, you could see if it's possible to use specific login-types (Facebook, for instance), or items using separate two-tier logins - although that would usually involve some sort of third-party / government issued / bank login type.

Barring those, you could store specific information identifying the browser/device used - create a complex string, and perhaps, if the string doesn't match, have a second tier that needs to be updated to allow the latest version to be stored, nullifying all the others (thereby only allowing one login) - for instance you could have a verification SMS sent to a registered number.

PoPSiCLe, Oct 12, 2016 IP
  4. chocoholic1122

chocoholic1122 Member

Best Answers:
    Sending a verification SMS is a very good idea indeed.

Would like to hear more solutions.

chocoholic1122, Oct 12, 2016 IP