1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Here's What We Exactly Do to Improve Conversions & Cost-Effectively Generate Targeted Traffic

Discussion in 'General Business' started by WordTradeSolutions, Sep 21, 2016.

Thought I'd post this as a thread, for the possible benefit of members who might still be looking for ways to build an online business, or promote niche sites and offers, or cost-effectively generate more traffic and sales ...

:) so, here goes ...

Found below are the exact steps that we do for our clients. This action plan continues to provide us with cost-effective results when it comes to promoting niche sites on the Internet ...

;) HEADS UP: Long Post!

STEP 1. Ideal Customer Profile -- What we initially do is create a profile of our ideal customer. We do this by identifying the key factors that influence the Web browsing preferences and Internet shopping habits of our target audience;

** These key factors include gender, age, race, city / state / country, profession or academic interests, relevant cultural and social preferences, offline and online hang out places, annual salaries and online shopping budgets;

** Here's a sample ideal customer profile for an online fashion niche site that's offering relevant content and selling classy American women suits, bags and footwear -- Single American Caucasian females aged 30 to 40 years old; currently in NYC or LA; with banking and finance-related professions and / or attending related post graduate courses at the top 3 universities in NYC or LA; with higher 5-digit annual salaries; frequent guests of classy downtown r&b / jazz bars and healthy gourmet restaurants; subscribed to Cosmopolitan, Vogue, BuzzFeed, Financial Times and Wall Street Journal and TV shows like Wall Street Warriors, The Wall Street Journal Report, Shark Tank and American Greed; mostly iOS users of popular dating apps and social apps like Facebook and Twitter; active members of banking and finance-related LinkedIn groups and Facebook groups; fans of Ellen DeGeneres and Matt Damon; and supporters of politicians like Hilary Clinton; and

** Aside from helping us find viable traffic sources for our campaigns -- We mainly use our ideal customer profiles to develop the right content, pitch the right offerss, create the right sales copies / ad copies, and place the right content at the right places where our target audience hangs out ...

Still with me? Read on ... :)

STEP 2. What we do next is figure out where our ideal customers go online when they're looking for niche-relevant content, products and services;

** We mainly do this by creating a list of the most popular direct competitors in our niche with heavily trafficked websites that have top ranking pages in Google and Bing for our target exact match keywords;

** We also create another list of the most popular sites with non-competing content, products and services in laterally relevant niches with heavily trafficked websites that have top ranking pages in Google and Bing for laterally relevant keywords; and

:D Don't hold your breath - I still have a lot of things to say!

** What we do next is use SimilarWeb.Com and SpyFu.Com to do the following things:

i) Identify the traffic generation methods that are currently working for the sites of our direct competitors (sites in our first list as described above) and possible partners (sites in our second list) -- These methods include direct traffic, referral traffic, social traffic, organic and paid search and display traffic;

ii) Discover the exact ways implemented by sites with significant direct traffic, i.e. Do they have email subscription offers? Do they have membership portals? Do they give away anything in exchange for the emails and / or mobile numbers of their viewers?;

iii) Identify the exact traffic sources of sites with significant referral traffic, i.e. Which sites are driving referral traffic to them?;

iv) Identify the exact social networks used by sites with significant social traffic, i.e. Which social networks are driving traffic to them?; and

v) List down the organic and paid keywords used by sites with significant organic and paid search & display traffic, i.e. Which search & display ad networks are driving paid traffic to them? What do their ads look like? What do their landing pages look like? What are they offering? Which sites have long running ad campaigns?

Only a few things left now, so stay with me here! :)

STEP 3. At this point, what we do is verify whether we can indeed contribute content and place ads in the traffic sources, social networks and ad networks that are used by the sites of our competitors and possible partners. Of course, our objective is to funnel the traffic from those online places straight to our offers ...

STEP 4. After carefully studying the things that we're able to gather from doing the things above, what we do next is to create a test content marketing plan and a test advertising plan ...

STEP 5. At this point, what we do is monitor our results, improve our campaigns, scale up things that are working, drop things from our campaigns that aren't producing cost-effective results, and try to create and test creative ways that can realistically allow us to generate repeat business from our existing customers, grow and expand our venture ...

;) Whew! That's like one of them Hendrix solos!

Anyway, hope this helps! :)

WordTradeSolutions, Sep 21, 2016 IP
  2. fionix

fionix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice share, will have to try something like this to improve traffic to our websites :)

fionix, Sep 22, 2016 IP
    WordTradeSolutions likes this.
  3. Ernest Gregory

Ernest Gregory Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this well detailed explanation on "how to improve conversions & cost-effectively generate targeted traffic". For sure I'd use this piece to enhance my website traffic.

Ernest Gregory, Sep 23, 2016 IP
  4. Bernard Mark

Bernard Mark Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, this is well detailed and explanatory, i think SpyFu and SimilarWeb are also great revelations, i will try to use these methods and see how it goes. This will be one of the very vital tools in getting conversions, i think one major problem with starters is that they fail to consider their competitors. Without knowing about your competitor how do you plan an edge?

Thank You for this post

Bernard Mark, Oct 10, 2016 IP
  5. Matteo Matt

Matteo Matt Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I also wanna say I was pleasntly surprised here... I bookmarked both those sites that is a great tip. I am already about to start researching my competition's traffic.... muahahahahahaha

Matteo Matt, Oct 10, 2016 IP
  6. WordTradeSolutions

WordTradeSolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ;) Here's a follow-up tip:

=>> Don't forget to integrate Facebook, Bing and Google remarketing / retargeting code into the pages of your site ...

:D Here's why:

=>> Viewers who have already been to any page of your site will see ads and offers that you create in those networks; and

=>> They'll see your ads and offers whenever they're spending time in Facebook, Bing and Google among other relevant sites and apps with display ads from those networks! :)

WordTradeSolutions, Oct 10, 2016 IP