1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Major Help Monetizing a site with good traffic

Discussion in 'General Business' started by YesBoss, Oct 8, 2016.

Hello,

I have an active running video game fan site (for a particular franchise) that is getting around 100k Unique Pageviews a month but making around $30 off of Adsense.

I dont pollute my site with ads but the ad is visible on every page. Most of our users are fans and 60% are organic and 40% Referred from social media.

After some recent events which helped boost the site and generated 100k Unique Pageviews in 10 days but only made $14..

Im not good with understand analytics or know how to really improve this. Here is a screenshot of the past 9 days.

Hope this image helps to understand what im doing wrong...

[​IMG]

If anyone can recommend me or advise me that would be great! Or point me to someone who does these kinds of service.

I feel im loosing a lot of money making opportunities here.

Thanks

YesBoss, Oct 8, 2016 IP
  2. chocoholic1122

chocoholic1122 Member

Best Answers:
    $30 is quite low.. Try different ad positions, and different type of ads; the ad should be clearly visible to the visitors. Make them click on the ads.

chocoholic1122, Oct 9, 2016 IP
    YesBoss likes this.
  3. Bernard Mark

Bernard Mark Member

Best Answers:
    Since you have already been approved for adsense, you can use like 2 other ad networks to max your revenue, but be careful not to clog your website with too much ad. you can try pixfuture.com its a Canadian company with good value, and then you can work on your ad placements, the type of ad you are using (image, text, vid) etc. You can keep interchanging them of course while taking proper not of the best positions, because a lot of it will depends on what kind of ad you place at what position. Wishing you luck

Bernard Mark, Oct 10, 2016 IP
    YesBoss likes this.
  4. Matteo Matt

Matteo Matt Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    So what kind of game is it? I hope you know that there are all kinds of affliate offers out there. If adsense isn't converting, try a different way of monetizing. Write a badass guide or create some good hack or content, or just find somebody else's and put a content locker over it.

Mobile app installs are making good money on some networks, it might not be relevant to your game but its still relevant to gamers. Other offers like call of duty e-mail submits, or cpalead niches with game hacks content locked are also ideas.

Matteo Matt, Oct 10, 2016 IP
  5. 123johnsbohan

123johnsbohan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    DFPSB is an ad server that is tightly integrated with Adwords and allows you to traffic your own ad tags and set the priority in such a way that Adwords can compete with the pricing of those ads.

123johnsbohan, Oct 11, 2016 IP
  6. YesBoss

YesBoss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yea, after doing some analysis. I did find out the position of the ads where a problem for mobile users. But I dont want to pollute the site with ads either. Im trying out few affiliates now from MaxBounty.

Can you recommend me ad networks that provides mobile app install offers ? My audience is pretty young kids but mobile apps may attract them.

Thanks! Will check them out.

Right, i dont want to clog the site with ads. I normally do sidebar banners. I will check out pixfuture. Im currently trying MaxBounty but nothing good so far.

Can anyone recommend a company that provides service to analyze and monetize a site?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2016
    YesBoss, Oct 21, 2016 IP
  7. VacationCrasher

VacationCrasher Member

Best Answers:
    ezoic

VacationCrasher, Oct 22, 2016 IP
    YesBoss likes this.
  8. chocoholic1122

chocoholic1122 Member

Best Answers:
    Don't fall for scams. Post your link here, and members would analyze it for you for free.

chocoholic1122, Oct 23, 2016 IP
    YesBoss likes this.
  9. YesBoss

YesBoss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would love to do that but dont wanna get a backlink from here.. any suggestions? would spacing the words work ? Dont wanna get my audience to track back here.

YesBoss, Oct 23, 2016 IP
  10. chocoholic1122

chocoholic1122 Member

Best Answers:
    This forum has nofollow links. Also, don't put http:// before the link.This won't create any problems.

chocoholic1122, Oct 25, 2016 IP
  11. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you watch content creators on YouTube, you'll see that they have various means to generate income. Not all who visit your site will click on the ads there (I don't do it myself), so even if you have a million page views daily, chances are less than half of those actually go to the ads or even bother with them. Content creators know this, so they find other ways to generate income. Try to get sponsors for your site. Companies generally look for sites that they can place their products in. Of course, you don't want to put too many ads on your site, so space out the ads on your site evenly between different pages.

Milliardo, Oct 26, 2016 IP
  12. makingafriend

makingafriend Active Member

Best Answers:
    People are generally interested in advertising on high traffic websites. You can charge so much a month for advertisement on your website. You can let someone put a banner ad on your website for whatever price you agree on. Actually right here on digital point forum people buy and sell advertisements for there website. It maybe a good option if you can't find no other way to monetize your website. Good luck

makingafriend, Oct 28, 2016 IP
  13. gtburst

gtburst Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi there,

Gtburst.com is an ad network with a large portfolio of gaming publishers. The network does up to 100K clicks/ day. You can target by gaming niche, country and more.

Rates depend on country, varying from 0.02 to .55 cents per click.

PM or Skype/email me at for more info. Thanks! :)

gtburst, Mar 9, 2017 IP