1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress Plugin For Adsense - is anyone here familiar with / using it?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by dinrock, Oct 6, 2016.

I have been looking at the Wordpress plugin for Adsense. If anyone here is using it, how do you like it? Is it worth the time and has it helped you generate more clicks by getting it to work on more pages in your site? Your feedback would be appreciated. I am thinking of using it on the site in my signature link.
    I have a 336X280 on my homepage (on left side) as you can see....but that gets only a penny or two per day, not worth it.

dinrock, Oct 6, 2016 IP
  2. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly, i'd be scared it would take some of my possible paying customers away from my site in your case.

have you considered looking for affiliate programs for artists, etc. that would do better for people who stumble on your site that are looking for art lessons or equipment?

pmf123, Oct 6, 2016 IP
  3. dinrock

dinrock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not certain my site really gets much traffic at this point....my clicks are zilch....yesterday NO earnings or day before....and zilch today - which is why I am wondering if a plugin-in would help. I have about 18,000 pages throughout the site and it's generating no clicks. As for the affiliate aspect, I really know little about that part of advertising. Moreover, I wish I knew how to configure my adsense settings so that I could actually get ads to appear there which are more oriented to art lessons or equipment - doesn't adsense provide that? I mean, this is Google....so you'd naturally think they'd be more innovative than this. Wondering

dinrock, Oct 6, 2016 IP
  4. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    it will learn to put relevant ads if you put more text on your pages, but it also places ads relevant to the visitor and where they like to visit, so nothing to do with cartoons.

check out www.cj.com or www.clickbank.com - they have many many companies that have products you can earn a commission on sales of, look for something relevant - they usually pay a % of sale, and pay you when you hit a specific balance.... the advantage of using these over single company affiliate programs is your balance is a total of all advertisers on those sites so easier to get to the minimum for payout.

although, if you find an affiliate program on a really relevant company's site, you may get more sales with that... the more specific to your visitors, the more you will make

have you even compared the number of visitors you are getting to the number of clicks? look in adsense reports and see how many times the ad is being seen

pmf123, Oct 6, 2016 IP
  5. dinrock

Best Answers:
    I will attempt to write some more directly relavent copy for this page first...I do have a Clickbank account and used it on a now defunct site I owned several years ago....and never earned anything with Clickbank on that particular site if I recall. I have never even logged into my old CB account. As for comparing numbers of visitors to that page vs. number of clicks, how do I verify that? In my adsense account somewhere?

dinrock, Oct 7, 2016 IP
  6. dinrock

Best Answers:
    also....that widget where I have that adsense code is designated as "Sponsored Content" - that is part of the actual WP template I guess but I wonder what section I would add more relavent copy to, in order to help that ad respond?

dinrock, Oct 7, 2016 IP
  7. dinrock

Best Answers:
    also the ad itself is showing weird underlying text when I mouse over it...?????????? see screenshot.....

Attached Files:

dinrock, Oct 7, 2016 IP
  8. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    that means you have adsense google chrome plugin installed in your browser.... it prevents accidental clicks and gives info on ads when you mouse over

yes if you click reports it will show how many page views, ad shows (impressions) and clicks you have for whatever date range you pick...

it is very important to know how much traffic you are getting

for instance, today im on target to make about $0.0013 per ad view (impressions)... so if i only get 100 ad views, i will only make $0.13... as i have about 3 ads per page, that would mean about 33 page views...

pmf123, Oct 7, 2016 IP
  9. dinrock

Best Answers:
    In "Performance Reports" I am in the OVERVIEW tab....is this the right one? Where would I note my traffic? Can I attach a screenshot or would I be exposing info that Google doesn't allow me to? Let me know - thanks!

dinrock, Oct 7, 2016 IP
  10. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Dont paste a screenshot here.... pm it and i will reply

pmf123, Oct 7, 2016 IP