1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Mobile fix for my site

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by holkapolka, Sep 19, 2016.

My website is not 100% size fied on mobile view.. It is too long in width and i need this fixed as soon as possible so google does not claim my site is not mobile friendly for the next update..
    holkapolka.com

Is this simple to fix? If not I can pay for this on 23th

holkapolka, Sep 19, 2016 IP
  2. karjen

karjen Member

Best Answers:
    You are looking around $50 to make it fully responsive. Do you have freelancer.com? you can hire me there if you want https://www.freelancer.com/u/karjren.html

karjen, Sep 19, 2016 IP
  3. alex_d1

alex_d1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your images and table widths are specifying a specific pixel width, 800px for example, so when viewed on a mobile device, it is going to be too wide. You will need to get someone to go in and change some of your code or set the widths to a % rather than a fixed pixel width.

alex_d1, Sep 19, 2016 IP
  4. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    To be brutally frank your entire codebase belongs in the bin with last weeks leftovers. None of the HTML makes a lick of sense, resulting in a site that from an accessibility standpoint is telling users to go plow themselves.

... and mobile friendly responsive design is simply the last in a LONG line of accessibility norms and good practices.

It has multiple blockquotes wrapping a table for Christmas only knows what, static style in the markup, the ignorant halfwit nonsense of tables for layout (made even more of a laugh by the complete lack of anything that warrants columnar layout or what tables actually do), span for nothing, a complete lack of semantics, endless fixed-width design concepts, font-size:1px basically content-cloaking gibberish, nothing remotely resembling a logical document structure...

Basically, a laundry list of how NOT to build a website.

This is not some $50 job, and anyone telling you it is, well... is simply looking to put the saddle on you and take you for a ride. It needs to be restarted/recreated from scratch as there is little if anything in the code that has ANY business being deployed on a website. I know not what goofy WYSIWYG editor or sleazy developer took you for said ride already, but just junk it and start over using semantic markup, separation of presentation from content, and progressive enhancement for an accessible design that gracefully degrades making your content available to as many users as possible.

This is not some easy silver-bullet fix; working with what's already there would be like treating a 20mm cannon wound with box of tampons and duck tape.

deathshadow, Sep 19, 2016 IP
    sarahk and mmerlinn like this.
  5. Rhondel Wilson

Rhondel Wilson Peon

Best Answers:
    Well not sure what has happened because I cannot view the website but any website which is using tables for its layout needs to have the coding totally redone in order to be fully responsive. So its definitely not a $50 job. Listen to the experts.

Rhondel Wilson, Oct 2, 2016 IP