1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Plan to invest money some 100k

Discussion in 'General Business' started by MavericJobs@yahoo.com, Sep 14, 2016.

1. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I think it's all about the pricing/room - assuming you are building a hotel of a medium size but it's 5 Stars and you have travelers from all over the world all year around at lets say $150/night/singleroom then that IS business, but even then you have to understand that it'll take take to get your investment back it's probable to get it back in 30 years and start banking in 30 years from now. We have people here renting their apartments to tourists only that pay up to 200USD for a 3 bedroom apartment, those are the ones that get their investment back pretty fast. However just simply renting a house and asking for a monthly rent is quite risky at scale.

evelinawilliams007, Sep 18, 2016 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    qwikad.com, Sep 18, 2016 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    The GoCompare article is balanced - and you need to research all those certificates and tax stuff for your own country as they'll differ.
    MoneyCrashers was very US focussed but looked reasonable.
    GetRichSlowly looked fine too.

I love that in the US you are allowed to charge late fees. Awesome idea! We get rent paid weekly which means a tenant won't be so far in the red before you become aware that there is a big problem.
    upload_2016-9-19_13-42-44.png
    These are costs you build into your business plan and ensure the rent is set accordingly. Renting property is a business - it's not altruistic or a charity. All business people should aim for a win::win, this is no different.
    Only in America, lol!
    Who knew that some people were dishonest? Crikey, what a shock. That's why you check references, check court records and do a credit check.

We knew a young couple who were up to no good rent a property and give us as references - only we weren't called until after they'd extorted money from the landlord and the property managers who'd placed them in the property were trying to cover their butts. It wasn't a happy conversation that went along the lines of "I could have told you so". Luckily our friends' daughter has extricated herself from the relationship and is now making much better choices.
    They were naive when they bought and didn't consider how they were going to handle certain situations. We're allowed to do a property inspection every 12 weeks and only a fool skips them.
    Before you buy you use a spreadsheet and play with the numbers - what if the interest rates go up? what if it's empty?
    If you can't be there at unusual hours then use a property manager but be realistic about your flexibility.

sarahk, Sep 18, 2016 IP
    daica85 likes this.
  5. Max Singapore

Max Singapore Active Member

Best Answers:
    It really depend on where you spend that 100k .
    1. there is no Best business or services
    2. everything depend on in depth understanding of how one product or business work and connect with it customer or niche.
    3. what the agenda a long term stable income or a hit and run with risk
    4. online is all about info if you can control the niche you more or less will make money
    5. cost of operation will determine if you make money or loss money
    6. investing is the easy part
    7 finding the right person to work with is a whole new story
    8. are you trying to spend100k to create a job for yourself . if you are my suggestion is go work keep that 100k
    9. Bank are wolf there care less if you loss money and chances is there will bet against you .
    10. would be fun to talk more . PM me if you are on skype i prefer voice chat -

Max Singapore, Oct 2, 2016 IP
  6. wordplucker

wordplucker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @sarahk You missed that in some areas there is a $1,000.00 fee to evict people as only the county sheriff can do it. The county I deal with rentals is like that. We find it less expensive to offer cash for keys, after we have the eviction on their record and we can go after their tax returns for lost rent and fees. Add $350.00 for the dumpster since they will not place it to the curb anymore.

I think that you are off on your numbers though.

Lost rent varies of course, but for us it is $800-$1,200 for 3 months.
    Filing is about $35.00, but since we do not take the time to go to court the attorney does it, makes it $335.00
    Rent Storage? No clue what that it since we do not store anything, we have the sheriff put it in the dumpster, $1,350.00
    Repairs, MINIMUM $500.00. Always expect a lot more. Recent eviction was $800.00 in materials and $1,200 for labor. She let he kids run wild and they wrecked it. I think we have had one move out that we did not spend more than $400.00, otherwise it has been at least $1,000.00.

We also do not do section 8 housing. With no vested interest in the house, by way of the security deposit, they trash it 98% of the time. I have dealt with this in a couple of states here and at least 300 section 8, only a tiny number of like 6 or 7 maintained their place, even with just cleaning it.

I am getting back out of it as soon as this guy finishes buying me out, and not going back in to it. It can be worth it, but the profit margin is only like 10% to 15%. A pizza joint runs 20+% with a lot less headaches and can bring in as much money as 2 to 4 rental units per week, pending location and what not.
    Unless you run as a slum lord, but to maintain nice homes is something else. Apartments are not any better really.

I can discuss any part of this, property taxes, blight control, all repairs from foundations to ridge vent/cap, water bills, and all.... We have 24 homes and 2 commercial properties, plus our homes and a storage/maintenance facility. Facility, what a fancy name for a run down warehouse we just bought, lol.

I would advise to either do a pizza joint or sink it in to IM more.....

wordplucker, Oct 2, 2016 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You missed that I recommended finding out how things are in your country. Every country/state/district is going to be different. Read up on Germany and Belguim and you'd wonder why anyone is a tenant the rules are so ghastly!

As for all those costs, they get factored into the rent as a cost of doing business and may explain why rent in your area is expensive/cheap compared with neighbouring states that have different costs.

sarahk, Oct 2, 2016 IP
  8. wordplucker

Best Answers:
    I did indeed miss it.

We have a range for rent rates, having the infamous 8 Mile on the south end, and, a mere 4 miles up the road, the GM Tech Center. It goes up about $100.00 per mile, depending on the house of course.

The stigma of Detroit is really something to see. We have some houses in really nice neighborhoods, with cops living in the area, and those are considered bad neighborhoods. But, it is within a couple miles of Detroit, so people get skittish.

The real estate saying of location, location, location is so spot on, especially with people that like to generalize things and not actually see and learn.

Keep in mind that if some place has a stigma to it that is negative that it will have to be factored in, far more so than any upgrades one might make, or deals one might give, to get a good rate on it.

wordplucker, Oct 2, 2016 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  9. bootsy2.0

bootsy2.0 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You could source your own private label products from china or us and sell for profit through a site like amazon.
    You could build your own personal website to sell on also.

bootsy2.0, Oct 2, 2016 IP
  10. DaveP

DaveP Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Why would someone with 100k to invest in something ask this question on this forum?
    Am I the only person that thinks something fishy is up?
    If I had a hondo to invest this is the last place I would come to for advice.
    Just saying....

DaveP, Oct 2, 2016 IP
    wordplucker and sarahk like this.
  11. Frank Chisom

Frank Chisom Member

Best Answers:
    I think with an amount like that, you can do really well both offline and online.
    How I do recommend online because, they are quite:

1. more cost effective - with a little part of your investment you can easily x6 your initial capital.
    2. low entry level competition.
    3. quicker to implement than offline investment and hence you can see what works and what doesn't very quickly.

So my best tip will be to find failing businesses online whose field you are knowledgeable about. Buy the business, turn it around in 6 month to a year and sell it.

While doing that, find other succeeding online businesses looking for partners and partner with them.

Look through the affiliate networks in niches you are knowledgeable in, find succeeding products you can easily improve on, take 3 or less month to create it and market them like never before.

Frank Chisom, Oct 3, 2016 IP
  12. indiainteract01

indiainteract01 Member

Best Answers:
    I think property investment is the perfect option to invest money for all people.

indiainteract01, Oct 4, 2016 IP
  13. NuWebHosting

NuWebHosting Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    100K investment? Into a blog? That just isn't a good investment. I'm all for good domain name investing and own some of the best, Tech start ups are sketchy, don't get it twisted, some of the best innovations are tech, however finding unicorns in a herd filled with donkeys is tougher then you could imagine. As per the real estate, Get it, maintain it, make your renters happy, be on time, deliver what you promise and forget about it, that is your retirement. Why borrow when you don't have to? Leave that as your LAST RESORT, and ofcourse if the numbers make sense for future acquisitions ONLY.

NuWebHosting, Oct 4, 2016 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  14. BeThePersonOfYourDream

BeThePersonOfYourDream Peon

Best Answers:
    Why do you want the headache of creating your own products? Avoid doing business with physical products due to high overheads and high start-up funds
    Business owners offline have to manage people. Who likes to manage people? People are difficult to deal with. No thank you.
    Blogging might work...if you have the brand power.
    I have an excellent idea for you if you're still interested.
    I wrote one thread under the business section called "Stop promoting Amazon products for peanuts". I mentioned about offering a free education webinar that will have the answer to your question.
    Check it out if you are interested. If I don't have enough people, I will not do the webinar.

BeThePersonOfYourDream, Oct 6, 2016 IP
  15. wordplucker

Best Answers:
    What you see as a headache is, for some, being the person of their dream, otherwise you would not have a device to connect to a series of routers and wires/optics and servers to post on a forum such as this. The same can be said for everything in your living quarters, and, the place itself, and all the transportation that you use. If Benz (presumably) and Edison waited for the online market you would be stuck to using horses and in the dark...

What do you think an IMer does, manages people. What do you plan on doing, having the webinar be a free for all, or are you going to manage to set the course and manage the people to stay on track?
    What do you do when you get visitors to your site? Manage them with well placed calls to action or just have the page be a clutter?

wordplucker, Oct 7, 2016 IP
  16. MurrayRothbard

MurrayRothbard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just leave it in the bank for living expenses and invest it at $50 or $100 trying to create some small projects with financial return until you find something promising.

MurrayRothbard, Oct 11, 2016 IP
  17. SirDubin

SirDubin Member

Best Answers:
    spend it on hoes!

SirDubin, Oct 19, 2016 IP