1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

which "drag and drop" WP page builder?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by middleWave, Sep 7, 2016.

i run about 5 websites/fossils and its time to update them all .i'm looking to get a lifetime subscription to one quality service with drag and drop/page building functionality, and never look back.

i have done a BIT of code and CSS before, but i really don't want to deal with that any more. there are a lot of page builders on the market now, and i'm wondering which one is the best choice for my needs/abilities. it would be nice to be able to build and design my own themes, but that's not really part of the plan. i want to 1) develop my own sites and 2) offer basic web design services for others eventually.

option 1: elegant themes DIVI - $225 lifetime subscription, on discount. this one is probably not as customizable as the others (without diving into code) but it otherwise seems super easy to use.

option 2: genesis framework - $350 lifetime subscription. this one probably offers a bit more flexibility, but requiring code to really get the best out it?

i've seen a few other page building options, such as headway, themify, beaver, etc.

advice?

middleWave, Sep 7, 2016 IP
  2. asiandjinn

asiandjinn Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I HAVE BOTH OF THESE.GENESIS AND DIVI.BUT I DO NOT USE THOSE BECAUSE I AM CURRENTLY BUSY AND LEARNING SOMETHING ELSE.
    i would suggest artiseer because you can use it to make blogger/wordpress and other sites..But of you know coding then genesis is good because it is best for seo.If seo is not important for you then divi is good,(it is my personal opinion)

asiandjinn, Sep 7, 2016 IP
  3. bloggingmix

bloggingmix Active Member

Best Answers:
    The latest DIVI version looks great. It allows you to edit pages right from the front-end so you can automatically see the changes you make. I use Genesis Child Themes on my other blogs and so far, they're doing a good job. I would like to try Divi probably later as the updates are looking impressive.

bloggingmix, Sep 11, 2016 IP
  4. meet_dilip

meet_dilip Member

Best Answers:
    My advice, just Google " Drag and Drop builder for WordPress "

No, I am not mocking you. There are a lot of articles which compare leading drag and drop builders.

meet_dilip, Sep 29, 2016 IP
  5. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Quality... drag and drop... wordpress....

BWHAHAHAAA... oh man, you slay me. That's comedy gold right there.

deathshadow, Sep 29, 2016 IP
  6. middleWave

middleWave Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes, i've done a lot of research since the original query.

actually i was reading this review just as i got your reply: https://pippinsplugins.com/wordpress-page-builder-plugins-critical-review/

its a very comprehensive review and you can't read it in a minute. sometimes it's just easier to solicit the opinions of others on forums. that's how i found my now favorite theme - generate press :)

anyways it seems beaver is the default favorite. but others such as elementor, tailor, and pootle have something going for them too. i have tried several of them, and i would go with beaver, but it scrambles my pages when i revert to the WP editor.

middleWave, Sep 30, 2016 IP
  7. middleWave

middleWave Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks, i try my best...

middleWave, Sep 30, 2016 IP
  8. publyfe

publyfe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    While it isn't completely drag-and-drop I love Thrive Themes for the general ease of use, customization options, clean speedy code and marketing-focused plugins that work seamlessly with their templates. Definitely worth looking into!

publyfe, Sep 30, 2016 IP
  9. middleWave

middleWave Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i don't think Thrive Themes got a great review on the link i posted above, but for an all-in-one solution where you won't be changing themes later, it's probably hard to beat. a bit above my budget though...

middleWave, Oct 1, 2016 IP
  10. Rhondel Wilson

Rhondel Wilson Peon

Best Answers:
    No Brainer for me. Divi by Elegant themes for sure. I still use CSS with it and I am able to translate any design into wordpress using the Divi page builder. In terms of the features though, its pretty awesome. I would go with Divi.

Rhondel Wilson, Oct 2, 2016 IP
  11. saadhu

saadhu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am using visual composer but found it to be so so. It's far from. Wing a true drag and drop editor. But the learning curve is not very long.
    I too would love to find a editor that is as easy to work with as frontpage once was

saadhu, Nov 7, 2016 IP