1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AdWords Policy vs Site Security

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by sixrfan, Sep 23, 2016.

Riddle me this...

Google has suspended the AdWords campaign for a site I manage. The backstory is:
    - our Adwords is, and always has been, only set to target US Google searches.
    - our site is only accessible to US IP addresses. We block non-US traffic for 3 reasons:
    1. We we only sell our products to US based customers.
    2. We want to reduce the risk of our site being infected or tampered with by malicious overseas hackers.
    3. We want to reduce the risk that our products will be copied and "knocked-off" by overseas companies that do not respect US coypright and trademark laws.

Google is now suspending our campaign and telling us the reason is that fact that our site is not accessible wordwide is a violation of their AdWords policy.

Again, we have had the non-US traffic block on our website for years now. Why all of a sudden would AdWords be forcing us to expose the site to the world just to run our AdWords in front of US based customers?

It seems absurd that we would have to open our site up to the world and raise our risk profile just so ads can continue to run in the US. What am I missing? Please advise. Thanks in advance.

sixrfan, Sep 23, 2016 IP
  2. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've never heard of any rule like that, at least not in my recollection. Is this reason from an email or a Google rep? So either it's a new rule, the rep gave you wrong information (it happens) or an actual rule I never came across buried deep somewhere.

Assuming there is such a rule, the answer seems rather simple: remove your blocking. If you set Adwords to show only to US, as you say you are doing, you should not have much of a problem.

Lucid Web Marketing, Sep 26, 2016 IP
  3. HATCHEX

HATCHEX Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Its better to make a page for non-US visitors, letting them to know that your products / services are not available. This might resolve your problem. Once you complete this task, please visit and apply for a review https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704383?hl=en

HATCHEX, Jan 18, 2017 IP