1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A Real Life Story Me Taught the Definition of Sales and Marketing !!!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by rasel111, Jul 29, 2016.

I am a website developer,I had been serving various company for 4 years.Suddenly,a madness grew up in me and become Entrepreneur.Initially, I thought it's very easy to form a business venture since I have skill and some capital ,what to worry?Finally, found a company Name AIO TECHNOLOGIES .I appointed few more experts professionals for SEO and a Hosting Server admin.Up to this everything was Ok but problem raised in making sale.

OMG, I was in deep sea!! I was knocking every door like a beggar.I started calling almost 300 number a day.Believe me 99% sales call got hung up.I hope everyone you can understand what situation I was going throw? I started borrowing money from my friends and relatives.And Thanks to them, none refused other wise i would have became more frustrated.
    Suddenly,a miracle happened with me !! I called a customer and said that I visited your website and notices few issue to inform you.Do you have 5 mins to be be concerned.He replied almost 10 telemarketers like you almost everyday call me to be concerned.I said,you are absolutely right my friend.same happened with me as well but you should take this under consideration what everyday these 10 people want to say?Surely something serious.Isn't it? Surprisingly he laughed and said ,Ok you tell what serious issue you found in my website.

I got a chance and started giving analysis report like your website is not responsive as a result people using mobile internet can't find your business in their mobile.You need a landing page to generate sale or lead.A Call Action and booking form to set appointment.You need a testimonial and well arrange portfolio to create business credibility.You service and product be well arrange so that customer don't get confuse .You site loading speed should be minimum to have more traffic.You can add a video blog and image gallery to let your customer that you provide quality services or product.You can create blog in your website to post update information on your business,product and services.I forum would be more better to get market feedback and generate new idea.You can integrate your social media through social media button.If you want you can add a payment gateway like paypal to receive online sale.

Mind it my friend 97% of American consumer are surfing online.So its also necessary to put content with accurate or SEO friendly keywords. Because people search online using keywords what they need of not by your business name. Lastly,I said "was these 5 mins wrathful ?'"

After that what he replied made me thundered?Believe me, I event did not expect such answer so fast. He just said need all these in my website.Can you make it in 2000 USD? Without thinking anything I just said Yes but my regular development fees is 1500 USD.he became more happy and made 50% upfront.Not only that he gave me more leads with reference out of that i got 3 deal of 1500 usd.I still can't believe that I made 6000 usd !!!

From here i understood one important lesson " Marketing and Sell are not same. Marketing is a form of communication between seller and consumer to share or exchange the knowledge and information to create demand and willingness to pay in order to fulfill the consumer need .where as Sell is an automatic process depends on consumer decision which can be enhance through marketing."

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    rasel111, Jul 29, 2016 IP
    Md. Mustafizur Rahman likes this.
  2. rasel111

rasel111 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just shared my experiences with you all.I hope it will help other to get motivated.

rasel111, Jul 29, 2016 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    lol, if I try to engage in a conversation with those telemarketers the first thing I ask them is which of my websites they have visited. Most can't understand the question, some ask their manager for the answer, none can actually have a conversation that goes "off script".

You are right that they are different but cold calling to "discuss a website" is a really tough way of working.

Oh, and I tend to answer my phone quickly which screws with VOIP call centre systems - I haven't worked out if that's a good thing or not as I stay in their loop for a call later on but at least they're gone in the short term.

sarahk, Jul 29, 2016 IP
  4. Md. Mustafizur Rahman

Md. Mustafizur Rahman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As I am a part of a team whose main source of income is "cold calling", On that note all I can say is if one can make the client understand the return on investment and detailed work process, surely they are going to sign up, does not matter whether it is short term or long term. Later part depends on how strong is your customer service.

Md. Mustafizur Rahman, Sep 26, 2016 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Only a fool would sign up on that basis. I might understand the return on investment but that doesn't mean you are the right company to implement the plan.

sarahk, Sep 26, 2016 IP
  6. rasel111

Best Answers:
    Maybe you are right. Would you please let us my friend... what are the terms and condition to be a right company?

rasel111, Sep 26, 2016 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    For me it'll be different to the next guy.
    Personally I want:
    • to be able to pick up the phone and talk to you
    • to meet with you - ie we will be in the same place at the same time at least once during the development process
    • to have a primary contact person
    • to have a common understanding on development processes - if I go all @deathshadow about accessibillity and ems you'll know what I'm talking about
    • to be able to call companies in my city who have used your business
    • to be able to host on my own servers
    • cultural familiarity - don't send me a design that is yellow and green!
    oh and
    • price
    • delivery times

sarahk, Sep 26, 2016 IP
  8. Md. Mustafizur Rahman

Best Answers:
    You can get all of this but except this "to meet with you " as it is a virtual world. for this kind of client they arrange virtual meeting (video). Thousands of company earning with this system "cold calling" Thanks!!!

9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm sure they are, but you asked what my criteria are. No need to be snotty.

There are also thousands of companies happier to pay higher hourly rates just so that the people they work with are accessible.

sarahk, Sep 26, 2016 IP
  10. Md. Mustafizur Rahman

Best Answers:
    In your side I agree with you totally and I was just sharing my thought. Most of the people like us depending on jobs in the global market, and the system is only cold calling.

11. rasel111

Best Answers:
    I totally understand your point of concern .But for your kind information, I am just mentioning few points below.
    1.it's true my company is hosted out of USA but our level of expertise and skill is equivalent to any company the USA.We have a dedicated USA phone number as like of USA local company.I wish I could provide the number in DP so that you could try it.
    2. unfortunately, I am not the USA born but in the era of 2016, IT and globalization made the world borderless. I was wish I could have a coffee time with you sitting in my office.But virtually we can create a session where we have coffee with snail's pace.Some digital tools like skype,Google hangout,Facebook meeting,go meeting and even WhatsApp can be used.
    3.To have the mutual understanding regarding development process as a developer primally I need to understand your demand. Base on that we both will have to finalize a workflow strategy.I hope you will also agree on this point as well.And accessibility means a lot where buyer and developer should come to a common decision.where I am confident enough. EMS is I am not sure about.
    4.I have a dedicated 24 X 7 customer services point from where you can directly with me and my developer as well.
    5.Already I mentioned in the era of globalization we are local to each other. But for your convenience, I can share my testimonial and recent customer details with .And I am pretty confident that you will get 100% positive and satisfactory feedback.because we believe in quality not just on quantity.
    6.I totally agree with you.i also suggest my client the same that your property will be hosted on your server. Rather we help our customer to get one fro them.
    7.We are very much familiar with USA market culture.I hope and believe you will also like . you can visit my website www.aiotech.us for better understand.
    8.Finally the most common part but very serious part of a deal that is the price.I can challenge and compete with any company the USA in pricing.this is only because my operation cost is 78 times less that any company in the USA. I hope you now the international currency exchange rate of BDT ad USD.
    9.As a professional I clearly know and understand no deal is valid until there a time line.I also take the standard project duration as like other.And we connect our customer with our project management software to provide the regular update.And our CS department takes feedback from customer collaborating with the developer.
    I hope I could provide an eye-bird view of out workflow.

Best regards my friend@sarahk

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    rasel111, Sep 26, 2016 IP
  12. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Now you are selling to me and missing that:
    • I'm discussing, not buying
    • I'm not in America and while we love all things Netflix and McDonalds down here we are completely bewildered by a society whose best and brightest are Clinton and Trump - and by extension I don't know the currency exchange rates between your country and another country.
    • ems: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=web+development+ems
    So despite all of that - when you cold call someone you are up against the wall. You can have all the infrastructure set up, be willing and able, but if the person calling can't get a rapport damn quickly then you're stuffed. Your low costs probably mean your hit rate can be much lower but it must be soul destroying work for the person making the calls.

sarahk, Sep 26, 2016 IP