1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$171 in 7 Days With Native

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by fhauss, Sep 14, 2016.

I've been lurking around here for some time now, and I've finally decided I should participate here a little bit more actively. As for my first post, I decided to start with providing some value to you (I hope this is the right sub-forum for it) which will be about a quick journey of mine and is about how I made $171 with Native Advertising in 7 days.

1.jpg

So let's get into it. For the Affiliate Network (the offer) I have used Peerfly (Clickbank would be a good alternative) and for the Traffic Network Adnow. After choosing my offer (you can search some on peerflyoffers.com if you'd like) I got approved for it on Peerfly and sat up the tracking (using Voluum - but you can use Prosper 202 or any other tracking tool too).

On AdNow I needed to set-up the campaign, which was pretty straight forward. I targeted only Desktop devices at first, because the ROI is more stable. Countries are targeted as per offer requirement of your Affiliate Network (my offer was international, so I just targeted the most common countries for this specific offer).

2.jpg

Then I needed to set up my creatives, which is basically the most tricky part. But I want to share a little trick of mine, which was super helpful in getting creatives set up in literally 10 minutes. If the offer is a weight-loss offer for example, just search for "weight loss" in Google Images and then go to "Size" -> "Exactly" -> and enter the most common banner dimensions, which are 300x250.

3.jpg

Instantly I find multiple good ads, which are ready to use:

4.jpg

Now, once I had that step, I just finished uploading the creatives in the Traffic Network and submitted the Ads for review. After the traffic began, I looked at the best performing ones (I uploaded 10 ads and 2 were ROI positive, so I just paused all the other 8 and kept the 2 best ones going).

That wasn't all too hard, just the creative-finding and copy-writing for the ads is kind of intricate but simple once you get the hang out of it. Lastly, if you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM or just post a reply. I hope this small method of mine is of value to some (especially to people who want to make it work with native).

~Fhauss

fhauss, Sep 14, 2016 IP
    CoreyPeerFly likes this.
  2. YoungMoney2

YoungMoney2 Member

Best Answers:
    Hey fhauss, I have sent you a PM.

YoungMoney2, Sep 16, 2016 IP
  3. fhauss

fhauss Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, got so many questions via PM, so I'll just answer them here for everyone.

1. What is about the landing page? I've used a VSL product which basically doesn't need a landing page. You can direct link the ad with the video product (e.g. from Clickbank). The thing with a landing page is that it just adds more complexity to the equation and thus creates a higher chance for mistakes. What I would recommend here is first direct linking and testing the offer that way, and later experimenting with landing pages to increase profitability. Ads are much more important than landers in the first place (and I've shown you a great way to find proven ads).

2. What are the best products to get into? There are good Weight Loss, Stop Smoking, Cure Herpes, Erectile Dysfunction, Diabetes etc. VSLs that work really well (at least for me). You may also try Dating Offers as those can also be direct linked really well (don't need a landing page) and have good payouts to test (shoot for $8-$10 offer payout on conversion).

3. What is used for tracking? I use Voluum but you can use any other Tracker too, even Google Analytics. I can also recommend ClickMagick which is totally enough for this kind of tracking, and as far as I know it just costs about $10 per month (and even has a free trial version).

4. How to track Postbacks and Conversions? That's a good question. There are certain tokens for any traffic source that allow passing dynamic values to the tracking software. For AdNow, I have found those 3 tokens really valuable: {CAMP_ID} for the Campaign ID, {CR_ID} for the Ad ID (super important to identify the ROI+ ads!!) and {SRC_ID} for the Widget Ids. In total that could be appended to the URL string like that: yourtrackerurl.com?utm_campaign={CAMP_ID}&utm_content={CR_ID}&utm_widget_id={SRC_ID}

5. How much budget do I need to get started? It's totally dependable on the offer. If it's a low paying offer (e.g. $10 per conversion) you might be well off by testing everything with $50 (to at least gather some data with hopefully 2-5 conversions). If the offer is paying $50, you would obviously need something like $250 to properly test the offer with high statistical confidence. As a rule of thumb I would test the 5x offer payout.

I would really appreciate you guys posting the questions here as they repeat themselves and the answers are probably helpful to everyone.

fhauss, Sep 17, 2016 IP
  4. Franc Simmores

Franc Simmores Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, that's helpful. I've tried set up a campaign on adnow but I just got 1 conversion with an overall loss of $20. How do you go about optimizing the ads? How did you decide which ads are the best performing ones?

Thanks

Franc Simmores, Sep 21, 2016 IP
  5. fhauss

fhauss Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey man! You need to pass the Ad ID parameter {CR_ID} in order to track your best performing ads. If you have 5 ads for example, you will see which of them didn't perform at all and which performed well. With 1 conversion however, I would still wait until there are a few more conversions too don't kill possibly good performing ads without statistical significance. Good luck!

fhauss, Sep 24, 2016 IP
  6. Furquan Ahmed

Furquan Ahmed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I suspect this is an self promotion of an Ads network. I have found at least one threads which telling same story.

Furquan Ahmed, Sep 25, 2016 IP
  7. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great, Native is now becoming popular way to drive traffic to your offers. I have also get some results from it.

iwebsocial, Sep 25, 2016 IP
  8. fhauss

fhauss Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep. Any other traffic networks you can recommend?

fhauss, Sep 26, 2016 IP
  9. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can go with Shareasale, Clickbooth, Maxbounty All of them are highly reliable and have good offers to promote.

iwebsocial, Sep 29, 2016 IP
  10. fhauss

fhauss Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you know by any chance if they have exclusive VSL offers? Thanks!!

fhauss, Sep 30, 2016 IP