1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get more traffic? Footwear niche

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Hardestruction, Sep 18, 2016.

Hey, guys!

I've just launched a new footwear brand and its e-commerce website (using Magento).

Can someone help me to increase the website traffic? I need good targeted traffic... I paid for Adwords, Facebook Ads, Pinterest Ads and so on but it's really hard to get a good result.

Any ideas?

Thank you so much!

Hardestruction, Sep 18, 2016 IP
  2. Irene_Loor

Irene_Loor Peon

Best Answers:
    You can try to use some free methods as well, because it is recommended to combine two options - free and paid ones. The main idea of the free promo methods is to be present on the web, to find resources where you can tell your potential clients about your shop and business. I would recommend you to start with social network communities ang groups. Also, you can consider the idea of forums and QA websites.

It is important to create a call to action on your website and optimize itin accordance with the current requirements of search engines. You can read more at browuse.com (it is an ecommerce software, but there are many interesting ideas on their blog), I cannot add links into my posts yet, so you can google Browuse and find it.

Irene_Loor, Sep 19, 2016 IP
  3. jaguar34

jaguar34 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Build followers for footwear brands on Instagram by posting images and building popularity for products.

jaguar34, Sep 20, 2016 IP
  4. moxcen

moxcen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Could you pm your url and I'll have a look. Thanks

moxcen, Sep 20, 2016 IP
  5. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you need targeted traffic stick with the specific place like active online communities in which you can analyze their behavior. Its not just using these paid ads because there are factors to be considered like the quality score.

KylieSweet, Sep 22, 2016 IP
  6. asofiau0214

asofiau0214 Peon

Best Answers:
    try fiverr.com they offer a lot of traffic resources for $5

asofiau0214, Sep 30, 2016 IP
  7. dhirdukumar

dhirdukumar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should hire SEO service providers, no matter how much less or how much more traffic you get. Continue to have SEO service on your store, it's the best way to go.

dhirdukumar, Sep 30, 2016 IP
  8. 123johnsbohan

123johnsbohan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you have to discover watchwords that they don't target since they don't surmise that those words are justified regardless of their time.While long-tail phrases don't get the same number of hunts every month as shorter ones do, there are much more long-tail phrases than the famous short-tail ones.

123johnsbohan, Oct 6, 2016 IP
  9. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with this--building followers would be key. Try to get into social media. Show people what products you have. Social media has much to offer now and can be maximized for much exposure.

Milliardo, Oct 10, 2016 IP
  10. ZieshaShey

ZieshaShey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Social Media, Blogging and Content Marketing will help your website.

ZieshaShey, Oct 11, 2016 IP
  11. JamesONeill

JamesONeill Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey,

It seems like your approach so far has relied upon paying for ads, is that correct?

I'd actually recommend a slight re-think. I've built several e-commerce sites using only free advertising, through social media. Creating a kick-ass page on a great social media site has unreal marketing power - my favourite and probably one of the most fruitful is Instagram.

PM me with your site / your social media accounts if you wouldn't mind me taking a look as I might be able to offer some more specific methods and insight regarding your brand.

Have a great day :)

JamesONeill, Oct 11, 2016 IP
  12. soccerboy

soccerboy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    First you can try free traffic from social media at the same time you will do on page seo.

soccerboy, Oct 11, 2016 IP
  13. LiveChatSoftware

LiveChatSoftware Member

Best Answers:
    +1 ZieshaShey.
    At the beginning, paid ads are not what you should focus your promo efforts on.
    Instead, focus on generating an organic traffic. Optimize your website for SEO, monitor valuable keywords (start from long tails!) and start blogging restlessly.
    It's harder than paying for ads but - ultimately - it works.

Also, find a way to differentiate yourself from your competitors to turn website visitors into converted customers. You don't have to offer the lowest prices and the widest assortment to stay competitive.
    Study your competitors' approach to their businesses and try to be different. First things that come to mind:
    - implement an extremely convenient shipment policy
    - create an online community for particular footwear brands enthusiasts. Foster its development.
    - offer some perks for joining your loyalty program / newsletter subscription.
    - provide a direct 24/7 customer support via live chat (like many of our customers do).

LiveChatSoftware, Nov 7, 2016 IP
  14. richwashington

richwashington Member

Best Answers:
    Have you installed any magento seo extension to your store? if not then do it fast because its one of the best way to get more traffic to your online store. As I recommand SEO Hub, Advanced SEO Suite, SEO Toolkit

richwashington, Jan 19, 2017 IP
  15. RiMagen

RiMagen Peon

Best Answers:
    Write relevant content for low-competitive keywords. Find as much keywords as possible (use keyword planner + google serp). Low-competitive - about 100 K and less results

RiMagen, Feb 9, 2017 IP
  16. REIGN FOREVER

REIGN FOREVER Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggest you use Solo Ad vendors...you can search for them in Facebook's search engine I believe they will send you to some great targeted traffic for your niche. Check out some testimonials and if they have some great conversion rates between 30-50% your looking at getting some really good traffic!

REIGN FOREVER, Feb 12, 2017 IP
  17. sinGN

sinGN Member

Best Answers:
    Advertise your product and business through social media, it helps to increase the traffic.

sinGN, Feb 14, 2017 IP
  18. Anna Richart

Anna Richart Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    - customize your website, make it nice and user-friendly
    - create interesting and valuable content
    - promote your site on several social network channels: FB , twitter
    - run ads to drive traffic

Anna Richart, Feb 14, 2017 IP
  19. Kripa Aggarwal

Kripa Aggarwal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You have to do SEO and SMO along with paid techniques.

Kripa Aggarwal, Feb 27, 2017 IP
  20. MaxGoodman

MaxGoodman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Content marketing would be a huge help with something like this. Footwear is a pretty crowded space, so I think I would try to find some way to convey what makes your brand different. Are there health/athletic benefits to wearing your shoes vs. someone else's? Is there a specific lifestyle, image, or audience you're trying to attract?

These sort of things are all kind of ineffable, but I think it's good to start by focusing on your brand identity and then looking into content marketing strategies to back it up. Get some onsite content explaining the sort of messages you want to get across with your shoes and your brand, and then pay to submit it to a few different big websites (or content aggregation platforms) and go from there.

MaxGoodman, Mar 1, 2017 IP