1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback This Forum is Dead

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by jaguar34, Sep 4, 2016.

What has Shawn done to this forum? Is he taking revenge of some kind after got caught in Cookie-Stuffing cases? We can't sell in half the BST section without paid membership, scams on the forum are still flourishing, hardly any legit service provider on the forum....

Shawn must be having tons of other websites and according to me he is taking revenge on these forums as people use to make easy money some 3-6 years ago.

jaguar34, Sep 4, 2016 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Report the scams that you see
    but we think we've reduced the scams - mostly now it's a case of "do you due diligence" rather than outright crimes.
    The forum is slower but we don't miss the trouble makers and most traffic is through social media these days - but there are some things that a forum just does better. Pick and choose, my friend, pick and choose.

sarahk, Sep 4, 2016 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  3. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    So..can you suggest an a life forum one..?

robyries, Sep 4, 2016 IP
  4. jaguar34

jaguar34 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Last month I got scammed again of $275 and these people have tactics to make it all real, I even checked the revenue with teamviewer and even there this person played trick and showed revenue from other website.

jaguar34, Sep 4, 2016 IP
  5. Furquan Ahmed

Furquan Ahmed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Then its your fault, no one can show you earning from other site & in AdSense you will able to check earning of a particular site in sites section.

Furquan Ahmed, Sep 4, 2016 IP
  6. jaguar34

jaguar34 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have seen you in BST and one of the manipulators for selling stuff. Its not my fault, its the scammers who evolve new things to scam.

jaguar34, Sep 4, 2016 IP
  7. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    If you got scammed, petition Paypal for a chargeback, and report the account, both here, and to PayPal.

And, to those who buy sites, thinking you'll make money: stop it. 99% of the time, you won't. If the site is solid, and actually making money, why would the owner sell it? Is it because it's too much work? Then reconsider, it will be the same amount for you. Profitable websites are few and far between, ALL the "get rich quick" ones are scams, and those that actually make money are valued far above $275...

PoPSiCLe, Sep 4, 2016 IP
  8. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Huh? lol

So your solution is to open it up to more scammers? Probably a better idea to just close Buy/Sell/Trade down completely... I bet there would be less scammers if no one could sell anything.

digitalpoint, Sep 6, 2016 IP
  9. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    Well, to start he has lost his mind and second he just can't wait
    when people stop coming to his forum so he can shut it down something
    he have no guts to do now.

Proof;
    If he open his eyes, he might see that half of threads in directory forum
    for example was made at least year ago and if he would use his brain he would
    see that people who have posted in there last time 1 year ago are coming back.

(Shawn, ask yourself why.)
    I can promise you they are back not to enjoy stupidity of his Mods who have
    nothing better to do but to deleting posts but because they finally are having
    someone to debate and something to discuss because I have revived topics

So, now if you excuse me, I'm taking 3 months, maybe more break

:)

fastreplies

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2016
    fastreplies, Sep 6, 2016 IP
    Ethan Parker likes this.
  10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    If he wanted to shut it down he would, he doesn't need to wait for the forum to go quiet to do so
    Just because the users that do come here don't value directories any more doesn't mean the forum has no value

and finally, truly, your name isn't fastreplies. don't sign off your posts with it. It makes you look infantile.

sarahk, Sep 7, 2016 IP
  11. Ethan Parker

Ethan Parker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    True, but that would definitely kill the forum to say the least. Without the BST section of the forum, there would be no reason for most of the members to visit the forum, don't you think so? At least, that is the way I see it, and I mean it no disrespectful way Shawn. The big portion of the forum sections are basically dead, the amount of quality information that is being shared every day is funny in comparison to some other forums in the niche.

I am really not sure what is the actual plan you have or your staff that will revive this forum a little bit and I am definitely hoping you would do something. It would be a shame if this forum shuts down forever.

Ethan Parker, Sep 7, 2016 IP
  12. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Mind sharing the link to this listing? I would love to vet it, even though it's after the fact.
    NO! I would have too much time on my hands then.

Why not require all accounts to be phone verified? That seems to be the best way to stop people from opening up new accounts. Once they are banned, that's it.

Currently, who cares if you get banned - just change your IP and you're back up and running moments later.

If it's too much trouble, I'm sure it would be easy to make a script that requires a text confirmation code in order to post a thread in the BST section. Once a phone number is blacklisted, it can't be used again.

I believe this will seriously throttle-down the scammers.

See @sarahk, I took your hint and started making sure my posts were properly merged. Hope this makes your job a little easier :)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    Matthew Sayle, Sep 7, 2016 IP
    malky66, Arick unirow and sarahk like this.
  13. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You'd be surprised... There is no one area of the forum that a huge percent of users use. I few years ago I looked, and it was something small like 7% of users have ever bought or sold something on this site.

Everyone's "favorite" area is the life blood of the forum in their eyes... The people who use Buy/Sell/Trade it's that area. For fastreplies, the forum can't succeed without the Directories section... For others, the forum would fail without the Politics and Religion section.

Literally all the good parts of digitalpoint.com are *not* within the forums sub domain. The forum primarily started as a support venue for existing users of our products, tools and services. That's still what it is, everything else within the forum really is secondary to that. If Buy/Sell/Trade was closed down, I suspect people would still use the forum to get support on our products... So no, it would not be the death of anything. It would just be getting back to the original intent of the forum.

People who never stray outside the forums, should look around the site a little more... Far more interesting things than a forum. :)

digitalpoint, Sep 7, 2016 IP
    Arick unirow and malky66 like this.