1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How would you "beat competitors" ?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by DrMarketing, Aug 27, 2016.

Hello everyone,

I'm working for shop that is selling some kind of products and there is really super high competiton every year. That's why I'm here to get some help from you, as well as some ideas.

Our competitiors are good in this things :

- Brand indentitiy (super high, I think we lack in name identity, when you hear their name you can already know what's the thing about. Where you here our name you don't even know what are we selling)
    - Some brands are super "famous" everywhere you can see people wearing their shirts with their logo on it etc...
    - They've got many shops, yet they keep opening them (we have just a few shops and most of products we sell is online, our main focus is to be #1 online, we don't focus on opening new stores)

Where our competitors are not that great:
    - online marketing
    - new features in marketing (facebook, pinterest, instagram, twitter etc, etc.)

I've got question for you what would you do to bring as many customers from other competitiors + new customers to our site. I know it'll take time, allot of branding and everything.

Anykind of videos, help to get more ideas are more than welcome

DrMarketing, Aug 27, 2016 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  2. Host Little

Host Little Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Running a PPC campaign on the Google search network is useful to target potential customers. Building backlinks, creating high quality content, and effectively running social media will boost your online seo and rankings.

Host Little, Aug 27, 2016 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  3. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I see that you know the weakness of your competitors so I think the next steps are trying to push your main resources & budgets on the channels that you're stronger than your competitors, such as you mentioned above: online marketing, facebook, pinterest,...If you try hard and focus on your strength, you will beat your competitors soon.
    Good luck to you!

daica85, Aug 28, 2016 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    How and why did you decide that you NEED to compete with them? Let's say you had never heard of that other shop, would you have still spent your time and effort doing what you are trying to do? It's not like their shop(s) is next to yours, or is it? Work on your own identity, take good care of your customers and the name recognition will eventually come. Nothing is warranted, of course. But I wouldn't waste my time competing with an imaginary giant.

qwikad.com, Aug 28, 2016 IP
  5. DrMarketing

DrMarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone for help. We decided to be better, different and unique. We are number one! :)

DrMarketing, Aug 30, 2016 IP
  6. DrMarketing

DrMarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Intresting, but the thing is and I know that the competition follow us too. When we shared something XY, got something special, they get even better XY picture.

Thanks, the thing is at content they are doing really really good. It's hard to beat them, especially we'll need to work on this too. They push on content really great.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2016
    DrMarketing, Aug 30, 2016 IP
  7. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you just saying this or you really are? Why do you think you are better than them but then you keep saying they are doing better? The reason I said this is to tell you that you need to fact check your business before starting setting up strategies and tactics, make sure where you stand and who you are. It seems to me you are not sure about it, there is no harm in taking couple of steps back, looking at yourself and your business and decide what to do next. Good luck

Mehdi.b, Aug 31, 2016 IP
  8. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need to offer something better than your competitors and make people want it.

danasurvey, Aug 31, 2016 IP
  9. Chad Eztraffic

Chad Eztraffic Member

Best Answers:
    It's not hard to beat a big competitor - but do not fight directly meaning if they sell shoes, then you focus on selling only "sneakers" after you do it for some time and gain traction then you expand your product line.

1. Get attention - make a weird pair of sneaker and post it on Facebook or whatever channel
    2. Be a lot better/cheaper - people buy what they trust and if you are a newbie in the crowded market, your product quality needs to be a lot better and the price needs to be cheaper. That's when you can get them to start "considering" your product
    3. Pick online marketing channel - as it is cheaper and your competitor(s) don't have a strong presence there. If you have a sizable budget then you should do PPC targeting their brand name keywords only. If your competitors are not heavily doing PPC - then the CPC wouldn't be a concern.

There are many ways to do this but the ones I mention above are the easiest and most practical as far as my experience goes. So remember execution is the most important. Cheers!

Chad Eztraffic, Aug 31, 2016 IP
  10. SEOPearl

SEOPearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Provide the discount coupons and the variety of offers and don't stop your advertising at any point because the Ads will help you to get more sales impressions. Good service with the reasonable prices always the successive secret. Keep engage your customers to get the orders again and again.

SEOPearl, Sep 1, 2016 IP
  11. Helparo

Helparo Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that you should identify your business' strongest points and use them to promote and define your business. It takes time to become known on the market, but you can speed the process by identifying your values.

Then, you should think about a niche that your competition is not targeting and focus on it. Analyze it and understand what you can offer to those people that your competitors cannot.

Furthermore, you have an advantage because you know what your competitors lack. Exploit those processes (without ignoring other means of advertising) and make yourself known to your audience. Also, you should think about starting a blog where you can write about your products and projects.

Helparo, Sep 5, 2016 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  12. billll

billll Active Member

Best Answers:
    - You can beat them in the pricing!

- You can beat them with more interesting products!

- Pick your top-sold product, upload its picture on pinterest, facebook, etc. and promote your brand through it. If people are buying some special products, again and again, there is a high chance that others will like it too and definitely visit your website.

- Never underestimate the power of flyers! They can get customers big time.

- Surveys can also do wonders, if you want to get customers offline. Just ask them to fill the surveys... Surveys should be like: Which product they'll prefer if they've to give a birthday gift to their loved one.

- Offer some time-limit deal/package.

And, etc.

billll, Sep 6, 2016 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  13. YoannaK

YoannaK Peon

Best Answers:
    Since Internet offers many possibilities for development and advertising of your business I think you should use its potential. You mentioned the weakness of your competitors - online marketing. Using communication channels like Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, also Google Adwords, etc. will help you gain better positions than your competitors.
    If you are not enough experienced with advertising in these channels or with SEO techniques at all you can hire an external company to do it for you.

YoannaK, Sep 14, 2016 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  14. monstercase

monstercase Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well where are you selling these items at? ebay, amazon, or your own web store?

If you're selling them on ebay & amazon, than it is necessary to consider many important factors like best title placement and maximum keyword options. Then you will move down to pricing competitive at a smart way where you don't want to lower your profit but still get the sale. Picture as well is a very high efficiency impact to if a buyer chooses what will attract them. You may sell a product that your buyer wants, but just because a competitor takes a high quality professional picture, that can cause the buyer to think they're selling higher quality material product.

monstercase, Sep 24, 2016 IP
    biili likes this.
  15. Sophia Alice

Sophia Alice Peon

Best Answers:
    PPC crusade on the Google look system is valuable to target potential clients. Building backlinks, making excellent substance, and adequately running web-based social networking will help your online search engine optimization and rankings

Sophia Alice, May 13, 2017 IP
  16. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    1) Low price
    2) Good quality
    3) Good service

Choose the TWO that are most important to you and FOCUS on them. If you try to focus on all three, YOU WILL FAIL since it is IMPOSSIBLE to do all three at the same time.

In general, it is ALWAYS better to focus on QUALITY and SERVICE. Buyers will remember your quality and service long after they have forgotten your higher price. Playing the low price game with giants is usually the losing position to be in, but giants have a very hard time playing the quality and service games, so a small competitor can usually run rings around the giants there.

mmerlinn, May 13, 2017 IP
  17. davidnguyen4588

davidnguyen4588 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can follow top competitors in your niche, improvement, build your strength points your competitors can not overcome you

davidnguyen4588, May 13, 2017 IP
  18. Anitasol

Anitasol Active Member

Best Answers:
    You know what, I love this kind of challenge. It excites me! :D

Anyway, you've said it. You've put down the details. And it seems like you can have a great advantage devoting most of your efforts online than offline.

So, what you can do to enhance your brand is to promote, promote, promote. Use social media, enhance your website, use Google Adwords or whatever lets you reach your target market in the most effective manner. It can be quite costly, but that's just a matter of allotting the right budget on the right campaigns. :) But I suggest you really get the best use out of social media; pal, that's free!

About inviting more customers or enticing the competitor's customers to your business, well, give them the best value out of their purchase! What can you offer? Can you give out discount vouchers or a certain amount off when they do it online? That sounds a great idea. :)

I hope these recommendations can help you. Anyway, best of luck to you!

Anitasol, May 14, 2017 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  19. Davidzh88

Davidzh88 Member

Best Answers:
    you can use tools to spy your competitors' traffic.

Davidzh88, May 15, 2017 IP
  20. Scriptechweb

Scriptechweb Member

Best Answers:
    I hope this will help you for sure:- neilpatel.com/blog/12-competitor-analysis-tools-that-will-improve-your-site-traffic/

Scriptechweb, May 15, 2017 IP