1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How does Quora count views on answers?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Forsh, Aug 30, 2016.

I ask, because I sometimes see a random answer that makes no sense with thousands of views. And, not like funny answers on Yahoo Answers, just things that don't make sense.
    With all of the election stuff going on, I am seeing "Trump" and "Hillary" answers with many, many thousands of views in less than a day, but their profiles don't show that they are a reporter or celebrity. Does anyone have any insight into this?

Is it by "registered user" views?

or...
    Any view?
    Any view per IP?
    Any view with their copylink? (adds "?srid=uClgr" to the url)
    Any view over a certain amount of time? (30 seconds then bounce)

Forsh, Aug 30, 2016 IP
  2. AlexIdea

AlexIdea Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to sign in as a unique user to be counted. Also, you can't view your own question, not even once. But when you answer another's question that counts as a view - this is what I know, the rest is kinda a mystery for me :D

AlexIdea, Aug 31, 2016 IP
  3. Emma Clark

Emma Clark Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The number of times that questions get clicked and opened in a new window , that means some user has viewed your answer and Quora counts that. I guess!!!

Emma Clark, Sep 1, 2016 IP
  4. Forsh

Forsh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What do you mean by this: Also, you can't view your own question, not even once.

Forsh, Sep 1, 2016 IP
  5. JamesONeill

JamesONeill Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think it actually works by whether people have scrolled and actually viewed your answer. You are likely to be underneath the top answers, if the question has already been answered. You only get a view if the person reading scrolls down to your answer.
    And yes - you automatically view your answers once.

JamesONeill, Oct 12, 2016 IP
  6. ilya sulakov

ilya sulakov Peon

Best Answers:
    As a cloud engineer with experience at Twitter, I have had the opportunity to work closely with complex systems and data analytics.

In my role, I've observed that Quora typically counts views based on a combination of factors, including registered user views, unique IP views, and views within a certain timeframe. However, the exact algorithm used by Quora to calculate views may involve additional considerations to ensure accurate metrics.

If you have any further questions or would like to delve deeper into this topic, I would be delighted to share my expertise and insights. Feel free to reach out—I'm here to help.

ilya sulakov, Jun 15, 2023 IP