1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Copy paste blog posting

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by jimroddy, Aug 30, 2016.

I used to be a pro content writer on tech news, now I m planning up to build up a blog for this too. I just want to know that is that possible that I can copy the content from some other blogs and post it just my blog without just editing it. My question might be funny but I think newbie’s are like that only. Thank you

jimroddy, Aug 30, 2016 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You can't publish the whole article without editing it that would infringe on copyright.

dcristo, Aug 30, 2016 IP
  3. jimroddy

jimroddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    so this means that i need to edit it on my end and rest will b fine

jimroddy, Aug 30, 2016 IP
  4. AlexIdea

AlexIdea Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, you have to edit it. Otherwise you are stealing. It's like with book - you can't write the exact same book and publish it as your own. If you don't want to edit, make clear from which source you got that informations.

AlexIdea, Aug 31, 2016 IP
  5. Mike Lee

Mike Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is not a good idea to copy and paste a blog post.

If you copy the whole blog post without editing, it infringes on copyright and the owner has the rights to take legal action.
    The owner can file a DMCA suit.
    Besides, the owner can request search engine like Google to remove all the indexed pages that you copy from them.
    The owner can also file a complaint to your web host, and your hosting account is at the risk of getting suspended.

If you edit the blog post and publish, the first thing is to make sure it is CopyScape passed.
    My suggestion is not to Copy, Paste, and Edit the whole post. Even after you edit it, Google knows it as it is similar with some copies of post it has indexed! This can seriously affect your site SEO.

You can refer, but not simply copy and paste. It is good to add your own ideas and point of views.

Mike Lee, Aug 31, 2016 IP
  6. victorvictories

victorvictories Peon

Best Answers:
    One can always take some inspiration from other’s content, but it's solely meant for gaining more knowledge so the original piece of content can be written which is 100% plagiarism free. If you wish to use some of the content on your website, then you may do so but giving due credit to the original writer.

victorvictories, Sep 1, 2016 IP
  7. Starsa

Starsa Peon

Best Answers:
    The deal is that just 100% copying someone's content will not help you to improve SEO of your blog. Their posts are already indexed, so search engines know that your content is duplicated.

My advice would be to run your blog posts though a plagiarism checking website like Unplag or Dark Writer Tool, and then rewrite to avoid exact matches between your texts, and blog posts, that you used for inspiration.

Starsa, Sep 16, 2016 IP
  8. jimroddy

jimroddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    THanks

jimroddy, Sep 19, 2016 IP