1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is anyone a high-end copy or content writer?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by customary12, Aug 24, 2016.

Hi all,
    Looking to commiserate ~ does anyone else have a love for articles but charge a whole lot more than I'm seeing here?
    Where'd you come from and what's your specialty?
    I used to be a professor, moved to social strategy and creation, and long-form ad copy like articles, but love indies and startups. :)
    Good to meet you!

customary12, Aug 24, 2016 IP
  2. handsomegenius

handsomegenius Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I charge $95 (australian) an hour.

So that's quite a lot more than you'll see in article marketplaces, upwork and so on.

But nowhere near what top copywriters can charge.

You can get good prices for web copy - but you have to do rather more to position yourself than just sign up to a website and start bidding on jobs. Because just about anyone can do that.

When you have five or six figure website developments, backed up by big ad spends or organic search campaigns, it doesn't really make that much sense to try and argue $50 or $100 off the price for the most crucial parts of the website. Similarly when you have guys who wanna use their websites to get customers who will do four, five or six figures worth of business - it doesn't make sense to nickel and dime the copywriter there either.

OTOH guys who just need some space filled, just need some space filled. They're the ones who are attracted to content marketplaces open to anyone who signs up.

handsomegenius, Aug 25, 2016 IP
  3. Evan D

Evan D Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    I just raised my rates from $125USD to $160USD and clients (new and old) don't seem to mind paying higher prices.

It's all about positioning.

You can sell articles here or on another forum for $5 a pop or you could sell them for $100 a pop.

The question is what kind of clients and buyers do you want to attract?

If you're happy sitting at a keyboard for 8 or 9 hours a day slaving away writing articles go ahead.

But if you'd rater work only 1 or 2 hours a day... you may want to raise your fees and not be overly concerned with detering cheap buyers and clients.

E

Evan D, Aug 30, 2016 IP
  4. billll

billll Active Member

Best Answers:
    $50 is quite normal these days, if you're a professional and your clients perceive how to utilize your content. However, I've seen even those who charge around $4000 for just 2000-words piece of content.

So, on the whole, it depends. And, I think, if someone is paying is rather well, then he/she wants some top-notch, million-dollar quality too...

billll, Aug 30, 2016 IP
  5. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    heh.. yeah don't gauge the market by what is going on here.

Nigel Lew, Aug 30, 2016 IP
    coreygeer likes this.
  6. oyeahei

oyeahei Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it largely depends on your reputation. And of course, reputation is built by your past works.
    If you have done so many top-notch and quality works which you can point out to your clients or prospective clients, then they would have no choice other than to pay you handsomely since what you are offering them is quality.

oyeahei, Sep 15, 2016 IP