1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback Open Letter to DP / Likes / Design Contests

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by dachilla, Aug 23, 2016.

Guys,

since I don't know how to contact the DP admins I will raise my issue here.

I have been a member of the DP forums for about 10 years now and I love this forum for the buy,sell & trade area and for the design contests. All the other stuff, frankly, I don't really care about that. I have hosted about 20 design contests, bought a lot of good services and a lot of sh*t on DP in the last years.

However, since DP introduced the "Likes" I cant post any design contests anymore, as I don't have enough likes. As I said, I am here for that reason only. I don't know anything about google and stuff and it's not interesting to me. However most people here seem to be interested in the google stuff and read the forums there frequently and spend a lot of "Likes" there. Thus I figured if I wanted likes I had to make an "interesting and versatile" post in a forum that most users here read in order to gain likes - the google subsection of DP for example. Having no clue of all the google stuff I just copied a blog entry from another page about google and posted it in the google area in this forum. Of course the thread was deleted and I received a warning from DP instead of getting any likes.

As I stated above, I am here for the buy & sell and the design contest area. And there you don't get likes. You buy and sell sh*t and that's it. Deal closed, no one gives a rats ass about likes or will like a post of this content: "I am really interested in your service, PM me".

Dear DP admins and members, is there really no other way for a long term member to post a design contest. The last logos I needed, I got from fiverr - lol. They have much less quality and I would really host some design contests here again. Any other way out of this misery?`

Cheers

D.C.

dachilla, Aug 23, 2016 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  2. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I am not staff nor moderator. Just another member like as the others. I am bit surprised someone from 2006 has less likes than another members who just registered few weeks ago.

I would like to explain about:
    1. Why 'Likes' rule was being introduced
    2. What is 'Likes' rules actually
    3. What are the benefits of having such rule
    4. And How to get one or more likes in just a day
    But I believe any old and respected member in this board already aware about it.

What I would like to say is: "It is easier to get likes rather than writing an open letter". Getting likes is not that hard. You just got a like from me. It is not because of your 'Open Letter'. I gave you a like because:
    1. You have tried to get a like. Even thought you choose the wrong way sharing an article from another site in this forum, I respect your effort to get a like. You were saying the thread was deleted and you got a warning for doing so. I gave you a like with a hope you wouldn't doing the same mistake again in future.
    2. Getting a warning is not that bad. I got two warning (for two different mistakes) before I had more than two hundreds of likes. If the staff didn't gave me that warnings, I may not be able to get that likes. The warning is supposed to warn people not to do the mistake and to encourage member to be better person for the community. I learn from my mistakes and get more likes. I believe you should learn from the mistake too.
      I suggest you not to focus only to get three likes (requirement to create post in Contest Design). Aim for more likes because Getting more likes will give you more flexibility and authority. Try to get more likes and you will find out if there are lots of nice members in this forum.
    3. The last reason why I press the like button is because I know you already know to get likes. You just need to put more effort on it.
    I do apology if there is inappropriate word in this post. English is not primary language in my country.

Arick

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    Arick unirow, Aug 23, 2016 IP
  3. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    So you complaining that you can't use the site for business purposes for free any more ...
    If you want to use the forum for free to run "business", all you are asked for is to be a useful member of the community ... all you are now is a whinger. Communities are better of without whingers.

Agent000, Aug 23, 2016 IP
    Smyrl likes this.
  4. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You can start by reducing the amount of complaining you are doing by being more proactive. Earlier this week I commented on this forum a few threads down. I received 4 likes from 4 different members for my post. In other words if I was a newbie I would have gotten established from that single post.
    See how easy it is? Just make one relevant post on something and you're in. But instead of doing that you spent 10 minutes composing this long drawn out thread that got you no where.:(

Spoiltdiva, Aug 24, 2016 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  5. dachilla

dachilla Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, now I don't really see it the way you guys see it (I am a Preimum member now and somehow got 5 likes). I always used the forums to BUY stuff not to sell anything. Thus I create a lot of paid work for other users in this forum, I think that should have been enough effort.

dachilla, Aug 24, 2016 IP
  6. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You're acting entitled - not a good idea. You've created some work for others on this site, yes, but that doesn't give you exemption from the overall rules. As others have stated, getting a few likes isn't that hard. Do some advice in design-related forums? Or just post something in the "general chat" forum? Try some humor? It's really not that hard getting likes and such, if you put in a little bit of work - maybe 3-4 hours total.

However, you already have 6 likes - if you even need any more, it shouldn't be that many - you need 3 likes from 3 different, already established members. Shouldn't be much left, if you even need any.

PoPSiCLe, Aug 25, 2016 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  7. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The Buy/Sell/Trade area was always intended as a benefit strictly for good users of the site. How much someone used (or wanted to use) the area that was intended for use by good users only really doesn't make someone a good user in itself.

digitalpoint, Aug 26, 2016 IP
  8. dachilla

Best Answers:
    bs... bst area had always had good users and bad users.. just because someone posted a few good jokes in other forums or some walk around to get a better ranking on google and got a few likes for that doesn't make him a better user...

dachilla, Aug 26, 2016 IP
  9. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    There are users here, my self included, that provides useful help and comments and code for people in need of help. Ie. "useful". Given that the requirement for being established is _3_ likes, nothing more, from 3 different users, getting them should be a breeze. Why don't you just stop complaining about a set rule, which is here for a reason, and go get those likes? It really isn't that hard.

PoPSiCLe, Aug 26, 2016 IP
  10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I could say I've been a myspace user for 10 years too, but since I haven't been to the site for about 9 years I don't think that really counts.

Without going through your posting history I'm taking a punt that you haven't used this site recently since the like system came into being in January 2013. It's all moot, I guess, since you have the likes. If you come up with a better system of weeding out hit and run users on a free forum with volunteer staff do let us know.

sarahk, Aug 26, 2016 IP
    deluxdon likes this.
  11. dachilla

Best Answers:
    You are correct and I have to day back in 2013 when the liking system was introduced it was really hard to get likes, these days as I have seen it's much easier. However I just got back here and was still frustrated from my 2013 experience. It is nice to see that it works smoothly now and you get likes even if you contribute only a little to this forum. Looks like the (now well established) Like system isn't so bad after all. I'll surf through the forum now and give out some likes.

dachilla, Aug 26, 2016 IP