1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what is the good conversation % or rate for amazon afifliate programs ?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by indiasbull, Jun 18, 2016.

what is the good conversation % or rate for amazon afifliate programs ?

as i had 302 clicks in 3 days but not get a single sale..

so if want to know how many conversion per 100 clicks is good ?

thanks

vikas

indiasbull, Jun 18, 2016 IP
  2. wco

wco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, in comparison to Clickbank for example the conversation rate is as much as 2-4 times more than these types of competitors.
    It can depend on how trusted your site is, and how long you've been an Amazon Affiliate Program participant. From experience, 2-5% is a pretty good conversion rate for those still new to the program or learning the ropes. As in you increase clicks and commissions, the conversion rate has been as much as 5-10% for some loyal (and effective) Amazon Affiliate Program members. Hopefully this is what you mean, and not the "click-through" rate. That's calculated using a different formula, which is basically based on the percentage of people that come from your link to Amazon over a certain period. If yours is based on an Amazon niche for example though, your CTR could be 50% or more. But again, your Conversion Rate on the other hand can actually vary from month to month, but I have partners that get as much as 5-15% on any given month, it just depends on how many buyer keywords your site is using, and the traffic it gets. If your website's or WP is less targeted or not buying you traffic, it'll likely fall between 1-5%.

wco, Jun 22, 2016 IP
  3. indiasbull

indiasbull Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    my website has more than 3000 unique visitors and over 100 clicks on amazon link, but still not generate a single lead, might take some time...100 clicks means 2-4 lead per day is fine, i think then.

indiasbull, Jun 22, 2016 IP
  4. shellerik

shellerik Peon

Best Answers:
    From Jan-Jul 2016 my site generated just over 100,000 Amazon clicks and about 2,300 orders. That means Amazon is converting 2.3% of those clicks into orders (some people may order multiple items based on a single click so that's not exactly accurate). I see 2-5% get mentioned a lot so I guess that puts me in the low-end of the normal range.

This year I'm averaging 38 clicks for every 100 unique visitors to my site and one order for every 120 unique visitors.

The first month my site was online (Jul 2014) I had 18 clicks and two orders from 143 unique visitors.
    Last month (Jul 2016) I averaged 451 clicks and 11 orders from 1,321 unique visitors - per day.
    It just took time, and work, lots of work.

shellerik, Aug 22, 2016 IP
  5. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    a lot of work is merely an understatement. If most people really understood, then
    they probably would even try, and I suspect most give up shortly after they start...
    It is the type of work that is boring, and time consuming, boring, boring+boring....

As your site gains trust, and keyword ranking, then it will get easier...
    and this certainly does not happen overnight, it can take months, or even years.
    In the beginning, you just want to shoot yourself in the head 5-10 times....
    everyday...

I rarely hear anyone setting up a niche site, and they end up making $1000/mo
    by next month. Everytime I read these type of stories, almost always, they
    are very similar, lots of work, lots of time, it took several months to 1-2 years...

possible reasons:

1: bad niche
    2: wrong type of traffic

Some niches are simply not profitable, if this the case, I dont know.
    You could also be getting the wrong type of traffic to your site...
    If you are selling ovens, and your traffic is coming from SEO sites...
    then obviously you may get no conversions, again, 3000 visitors sounds
    like a good amount to be making something, so either you are not
    in a good niche, or you have the wrong type of traffic to your site.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    dscurlock, Aug 24, 2016 IP
  6. ericastone

ericastone Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It depends on your target audience... Perhaps work more on your content and check the correlation of buyers to audience rate :)

ericastone, Nov 21, 2016 IP
  7. indiasbull

indiasbull Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    money counts in the end, not any conversion rate...

indiasbull, Nov 23, 2016 IP
  8. Dutch76

Dutch76 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm also a bit new to the affiliate program. I've built several Wordpress websites and am starting to get some impressions and a few clicks. In the last month I've received about 1,500 impressions and about 300 clicks. These terms are all new to me so I'm reading up on them. I've been reading that it takes a lot of work. What types of "work" should I be doing besides keeping up with the WP and plugin updates ? I post about once or twice a week on each website. Thanks for any assistance anyone can give a newbie !

Dutch76, Jul 20, 2017 IP
  9. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    work is a relative term...

research on your niche...
    research on your site, or do you have a theme that no one likes?
    analytics research - are people staying or bouncing off your site?
    content research, keyword research, SEO/marketing, etc...
    Is your WP 100% optimized? or do you even have a clue?

just one mere theme decision can even cause your entire site to fail....
    wrong theme, bad coding, errors, css issues, site to slow, and the list goes on....
    even a bad theme can make the difference between conversions and zero conversions.

You said you had 1500 impressions and 300 clicks, ok, you also said you have multiple
    sites, are these vague stats one site site or for all? If you have more then one site, then you
    have one site to many as having multiple sites can split up money, time, and resources....

so if you got 300 clicks on one site, and zero sales, then I doubt you know anything
    about your traffic behavior, visitors may not find your site useful, why are people
    leaving your site, how long are they on your site, what is your bounce rate....?
    how about your traffic, where is your traffic coming from? targetted traffic? If you
    are getting nothing more then random social media traffic, then I would expect no sales....

sometimes it is not black and white, setup a site, post weekly content, and wait to retire...
    if it were only that easy, however, these days, google is demanding more, and more perfection,
    and if you do not know anything about your site other then posting content, then you have problems....

dscurlock, Jul 20, 2017 IP
  10. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Amazon is a trusted retailer so it tends to convert better than its competitors but obviously it also depends on the quality of your traffic.

dcristo, Jul 20, 2017 IP
  11. joehep1

joehep1 Peon

Best Answers:
    My conversion rate hovers around 1.5% and I make a few grand a month. Camera gear.

joehep1, Aug 5, 2017 IP