1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

If your CMS can't do ??? then it is no dang good

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by SpectateSwamp, Aug 24, 2016.

My app can do random groupings of Video segments, Audio segments, Pictures and Text.

Example: As a learning training system.

First screen is a slowed print screen. (large font)
    Next screen is a screen capture .bmp of the above screen and display that.
    Change the text color to that of the background (aqua)
    Print the same text that was on the initial display again and watch the text disappear 1 character at a time. (nothing is worse than reading some text and have it yanked away)

Show / play the related video - audio segments...
    more text display
    next audio video segment... etc etc.

- Then get and display the next random grouping...

learning becomes fun, when it is fun.

--- The app can copy any file type to an alternative directory... at the same time identifying bad mp3 files and putting them in another folder.

--- Fast forward - slow motion - Fast reverse - slow reverse.

--- Lots of other capabilities that are important if you have lots of content like I do.

Now I have a 3tb external storage I'll start loading all my videos for archiving. When I had to shuffle them around because of limited space it wasn't worth it.

One solution I discovered was that when I started at a specific point in a video and played back in slow motion... The same segment didn't always play.. Because of other apps running or on a different machine... The solution was to "Begin" the video a second or 2 before the segment that I wanted to see in slow motion playing at full speed then switching to slow motion. It fixed the frustrating playback problems. Stubborn will get you through

SpectateSwamp, Aug 24, 2016 IP
  2. SpectateSwamp

SpectateSwamp Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just finished backing up 4 computers. (current, 2 old gateways and my old old build PC) to my new 3TB drive.
    that along with 3 external drives. 500gb 200gb and 120gb. It sure is nice to have all the files in one spot.

There are many many duplicates that won't be hard to get rid of. Way better to have 2 or more copies than just 1.

It will take some time to clean those duplicates up.. But I'm in no hurry right now because there are now at least 2 copies of everything. I will want to do something by the time I get my next BIG external drive.

I'll get rid of some of the duplicate .vob files though.
    My directory command now has the size listed right before the file location.
    A quick sort and viola there they are.

SpectateSwamp, Sep 12, 2016 IP