1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Shopping Cart for Large number of products

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by TaoW, Aug 12, 2016.

Hi, I'm working with a transmission parts company. Currently they're using WooCommerce, but they have over 6,000 parts and the site has become bogged down and throws Error 500's randomly that I believe are related to the large number of category and product db calls that WooCommerce uses.

Can someone recommend a shopping cart that is lightweight and can handle a large number of products well? Preferably an open-source PHP-based cart, but open to anything.

TaoW, Aug 12, 2016 IP
  2. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What kind of server setup are they running?

billzo, Aug 12, 2016 IP
  3. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would probably sort the problem before you go trying to migrate stuff into another system. That is frankly not that big. Shoot us a link to the issue as well if you can.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Aug 13, 2016 IP
  4. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly, I would address the errors before even considering moving to a new cart. It may simply be some code errors or some minor optimizations to get the site fully functioning again. You also may need to upgrade to better hosting / hardware. Unless you're just itching to get something new, I'd look at both of the other options long before even considering transitioning to a new cart on a production website.

jestep, Aug 24, 2016 IP