1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best ways to make extra money when you work full time

Discussion in 'General Business' started by daica85, Aug 4, 2016.

Hi all,

I have been lucky enough in the past that I have a few Amazon affiliate sites that bring in $500 or so dollars every month to me, so I do make a little extra cash on the side from internet marketing. The trouble is now I don't have time to write useful review posts, build massive sites, etc. I realize I can outsource as well, but i'd like to pay off some of our other bills and stuff first and foremost.

I know that there are many "how do I make money" threads on here, but I haven't found one that is specifically for full time workers.

I realize that this may be a long shot, I am certainly not looking for a "get rich with no work" type thing, but wouldn't mind hearing ideas of what other people have worked in the past to pad the bottom line so to speak. Anyway if you wouldn't mind helping it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

daica85, Aug 4, 2016 IP
  2. StSignal

StSignal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm just about starting my journey with internet working,so I can't quit my job,I would like to be able to quit my job and start working online but for now I'm happy the way things are going on.

StSignal, Aug 5, 2016 IP
  3. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Could you please share your journey in this community?

daica85, Aug 7, 2016 IP
  4. imnathanjames

imnathanjames Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Looks like you have experience in setting sites up and writing etc. You could offer this as a service but sounds like you are puched for time also as you work a full week already.
    I would look into setting up a blog around your niche. could be internet marketing, writing etc. add a few affiliate links to it and send traffic. you could manage your time easily to concentrate on this and work maybe a few hours a week or an hour a day.
    I have witnessed some terrible looking sites over the years and some made stupid amounts of money, just by sending large amounts of traffic to it.

Hope this helps.Ill be keeping an eye on this one to see what kinda ideas are putting out there.

Good luck!!

imnathanjames, Aug 7, 2016 IP
  5. Peter Bright

Peter Bright Member

Best Answers:
    daica85,
    Hi - well you are already off to a good start with your $500 a month, well done. But, as you say running a full time job as well is a big distraction from your long term goals. The real advantage of having a full time job is that you can trade the time you don't have for money - to pay other people to do what you don't have the time (or inclination) to do. I would suggest you revisit your business plan and goals, re-establish your vision and focus and start working your plan. Look at what skills you have and time you have to commit to your business and whatever tasks are left - look at outsourcing that part of the work. You could use the $500 a month as your outsourcing budget and start investing in your business.

Peter Bright, Aug 8, 2016 IP
  6. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You will be needing an outsource to perform those task effectively and then you can have accepting other project i which you can provide or offer your expertise in the field.

KylieSweet, Aug 9, 2016 IP
  7. Robert_Tam

Robert_Tam Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree with you, outsourcing is a quite good idea if you work full time.

Robert_Tam, Aug 9, 2016 IP
  8. victor obiero

victor obiero Peon

Best Answers:

victor obiero, Aug 9, 2016 IP
  9. victor obiero

victor obiero Peon

Best Answers:
    hi Peter, i am new to this. Would please suggest ways i can use to make money online.

i will appreciate

victor obiero, Aug 9, 2016 IP
  10. Peter Bright

Peter Bright Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Victor,
    Yes for sure, I can offer some advice, let me know a bit about what it is you are looking to do, are you planning to run your online business completely 'free' or do you have a monthly budget to invest in to your business? The more you can tell me the better I can provide the advice, if you don't want to share too much on the public forum you have other options available to you. My first piece of advice is - do you know your WHY?
    Happy to help.

Peter Bright, Aug 9, 2016 IP
  11. victor obiero

victor obiero Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been doing content writing through a site called iwriter, are there any other sites i can get such tasks?

victor obiero, Aug 10, 2016 IP
  12. Nicoli Redmayne

Nicoli Redmayne Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Freelance With Your Skills
    1. Write
    2. Do Graphic or Web Design Work
    3. Develop Websites or Applications
    4. Take Photographs
    5. Offer Calligraphy
    6. Paint Murals
    7. Officiate Weddings
    8. Babysit or Nanny
    9. Carve Walking Sticks
    10. Make Jewelry
    11. Create Holiday Crafts
    12. Paint, Sculpt, Draw, Print and Make Art
    13. Write and Sell Ebooks
    14. Create an Information Product
    15. Launch an Online Course
    16. Tutor Students
    17. Start an Online Tutoring Business
    18. Give Lessons
    19. Design an Adult Education Class
    20. Lead Fitness Boot Camps
    21. Sign Up for Focus Groups
    22. Participate in Research Studies
    23. Become a Standardized Patient

Nicoli Redmayne, Aug 13, 2016 IP
  13. Anton Y

Anton Y Member

Best Answers:
    I hope to start advertising my rebrandable software soon (as soon as I get established) this will let people sell my software as their own, I will also now be making available a rebranding tool with premium software so that you can rebrand for others. you get to keep all of the money and you work as much as you want.

Anton Y, Aug 13, 2016 IP
  14. Peter Bright

Peter Bright Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Victor,
    There are many freelance sites that you can advertise your services on, fiverr, upwork (used to be elance & odesk), freelancer, craigslist (yes - craigslist), getafreelancer, guru, freelancers, ifreelance.. and on and on. I'd suggest you do some research of these sites see which you feel is best suited to your offering, use some former customers to provide testimonials, then post some ads, also respond to ads that fir your skills.

Peter Bright, Aug 13, 2016 IP
  15. o_iSniPe_xX

o_iSniPe_xX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    That's one thing I've wanted to do, was Amazon, but never really figured it out. I have an idea of how I want to, but can't grasp the idea of making it successful with the ways I want do things.

One thing you might want to do, is just search for things such as setting up sites (not making them), but installing and things of that sort.

o_iSniPe_xX, Aug 13, 2016 IP
  16. Ethan Parker

Ethan Parker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Truth to be told, if you ever decided to use any of the sites beside Fiverr or Upwork, you would realize that they are pure crap. Finding clients on craigslist is more than a waste of time. Response rate has never been lower on that website and most people are only looking for your email id or to get a chance to sell you some of their stuff. Full waste of time.

Other than Upwork and Fiverr which are legitimate freelancing websites, all of the others you have listed do not deserve anyone's attention.
    There are plenty of reasons behind my statement and plenty of true and honest reviews all around the Internet about these sites. They often scam people off (especially Freelancer), the number of higher-paying customers is incredibly low and your chances of landing a true and honest gig is close to zero.

Please, if you do not have any experience with using such sites, do not recommend it to others. You are misleading them into wasting their time.

OP, my two cents. You have couple of Amazon affiliate sites that bring you $500 a month. Elaborate on that and make that a foundation of your internet business. I have been on this forum for no more than couple of hours today (for the first time after I signed up a month ago) and realized people here do not know what they are talking about. And most even do not make a single dollar a day but consistently try to sell knowledge they picked up from famous internet gurus.

Ethan Parker, Aug 15, 2016 IP
  17. Peter Bright

Peter Bright Member

Best Answers:
    In the English-speaking world in general, the term peon is used colloquially to mean a person with little authority, often assigned unskilled or drudgerous tasks; an underling. In this sense, peon can be used in either a derogatory or self-effacing context. - just sayin'

Peter Bright, Aug 16, 2016 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  18. Kishan Kumawat

Kishan Kumawat Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Peter , Aleady i have resgisterd there but ..i cant get the project there without not having good review.. it will take a time long...

so Here i am searching a person who from USA , UK or Australia ...can outsource work for me ..so i can able to do on remote.. and help him by providing my full dedications towards their work.

Thanks again Peter Bright for replying my forum.

Kishan Kumawat, Aug 24, 2016 IP
  19. ld5548

ld5548 Member

Best Answers:
    I personally havent found Fiverr to be much better than picking a random neighbor to accomplish an online task. Granted there are some that do a professional job, but most are hacks looking for a quick $5 (less fiverr fees). Look for the outsourcing that "Bids" on your request rather than you searching through a hundred different low level techs and writers.

ld5548, Aug 28, 2016 IP
  20. unlimitedoptions4us

unlimitedoptions4us Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi:

Check out sidehustlenation.com It's a blog and the blogger covers hundreds of ways to make extra money. He interviews very successful entrepreneurs that are running side businesses and succeeding in numerous niches.

Good luck,

Dan

unlimitedoptions4us, Nov 24, 2016 IP