1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PopAds.net Official Publisher Thread

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by tomksoft, Aug 20, 2010.

1. lukey372

lukey372 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You're still making the same amount. Your ECPM will go down because they're buying your unsold traffic..

lukey372, Aug 23, 2016 IP
  2. alexandroso

alexandroso Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    $$ was highter, now with same impression number, rate: 0.4$ wttf, what happen, earning from 180-250$/day to 140$ (same impression), idk what happen these 2 days :oops: spécially 23/08

alexandroso, Aug 23, 2016 IP
  3. lukey372

lukey372 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They're probably buying it at a lower rate because it's not converting.
    It's not hard to comprehend if they aren't making money then you will not make money.

lukey372, Aug 23, 2016 IP
  4. skzisghost

skzisghost Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, the earnings is not the same amount. Its worst than before.

skzisghost, Aug 23, 2016 IP
  5. TrafficLos

TrafficLos Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No. It's much better then before for me :D
    I have lower eCPM but the earnings are 4X better!

TrafficLos, Aug 24, 2016 IP
  6. tomksoft

tomksoft Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We were buying the traffic at $0.30 CPM, which means $0.24 goes to publisher. So far, we managed to squeeze around $0.18 CPM on that traffic.
    Right now uncapped unsold traffic trading is suspended as it is just not profitable(guess it is unsold for a good reason). We will try to bring back uncapped unsold trading for selected countries.

tomksoft, Aug 24, 2016 IP
    lukey372 likes this.
  7. RaKxA

RaKxA Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @tomksoft
    http://www./2016/8/23/12610890/google-search-punish-pop-ups-interstitial-ads
    Hopefully it won't affect popads.

RaKxA, Aug 24, 2016 IP
  8. bagongjigong

bagongjigong Member

Best Answers:
    You should come up with a more reliable link :D
    https://webmasters.googleblog.com/2016/08/helping-users-easily-access-content-on.html
    And it affects mobile users, but I think there is a loop hole in there, PopAds would think of something.

I think we don't have to worry too much, let me quote the article.

"To improve the mobile search experience, after January 10, 2017, pages where content is not easily accessible to a user on the transition from the mobile search results may not rank as highly."

See the bold part, it's not really about popups ads.

Hold on, there is more.

"Showing a popup that covers the main content, either immediately after the user navigates to a page from the search results, or while they are looking through the page."

Now we are doom :rolleyes:
    but not really, they say "while looking" not "while clicking". :rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    bagongjigong, Aug 24, 2016 IP
  9. ionutzu14u

ionutzu14u Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi tomksoft,
    are those changes you made the cause of my earnings drop ? Undo what you did please. I don't like changes and I like popads.net[what it used to be a few weeks ago] , but if I wouldn't have read this forum, today I would've been with another network . This significant drop affected your image.

ionutzu14u, Aug 24, 2016 IP
  10. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    It seems to be some overlays on the same page, not things like pops/new tabs...

We do not do any changes that cause revenue drop. If revenue drops, that is caused by market changes.

11. ionutzu14u

ionutzu14u Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just to make sure , you are saying that from an average $1.6-$1.7 drop to $0.87 is just normal ? I've been using popads.net for more than two years , but I guess it's time to join another network, like everyone else . Not happy to do this but if you say there's nothing you can do......

12. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Please! We have capitalism here! If you do not like rates/revenue at PopAds just go to other networks that will pay you much more instead of complaining here.

13. ionutzu14u

ionutzu14u Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow , I didn't expect this kind of customer service to be honest ...

14. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    I am not customer service, I am the owner, that's why. Nobody pays me to be nice. I am paid percentage of revenues generated at PopAds and that's what I am focusing on.
    Feel free to send an email to , I hire nice people to reply emails there so you could get same answer but in a nicer words.

15. ionutzu14u

ionutzu14u Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm a business owner too, but I treat my customers a lot different than you. I respect my customers. I don't ask my employees to be nice to my customers just because I pay them a salary.

All I can say is WOW.. you left me speechless

16. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Please search this thread. You will see that I already got very angry few times, because there are hundreds of posts complaining about low rates and to each and every one I always reply EXACTLY THE SAME that I cannot do anything about it.

17. ionutzu14u

ionutzu14u Active Member

Best Answers:
    but anyway , this escalated way too far . My intention was to inform you of a situation[flagged by many other users here] , and to find together a way to solve this so that we can continue our partnership.

18. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Thank you for alerting me about a situation about which I am being alerted tens of times a day by other users(as you noticed yourself). Also, I said million times that I cannot do anything about this very situation.

19. charice.preston

charice.preston Active Member

Best Answers:
    Now we have to deal with this.

Google junks sites with pop-up ads in ‘worse search results’ bin

Google is making a move to save users from the annoyance of annoying pop-up ads by ranking them low and among the worse search results.

While pop-ups are annoying enough on a desktop or laptop, they become exponentially more annoying on mobile browsers, what with the limited screen space that users have. Google is well aware of people’s plight so the company plans to put sites with pop-ups and interstitials on the “worse search results” bin.

However, there are a few caveats. If a site still contains the best information related to the query, it will still likely be among the top results despite having pop-ups. Google’s aim is basically to direct users to the most relevant search results, reports The Verge.

This is not the first time that Google has made adjustments in filtering search results. Just last year the company began boosting ranking for sites with encryption and are “mobile friendly.”

For the most part, Google is focusing on sites with overlay ads that block content underneath it for a few seconds or until the user clicks on something. Clicking on the “X” button to close the ad also works, providing users can locate these often vaguely placed buttons. Ads that take up the entire site page are also targeted.

Again there are a few exceptions to the rule. Pop-ups for age verification and others of a similar type that are used for legal requirements are whitelisted. Ads that occupy a “reasonable amount of screen space” are also exempted.

Google prides itself in delivering accurate results to user queries. If the top search results get overrun by sites with annoying pop-up ads instead of information that can be immediately accessed, then Google would not be doing its job right. With that line of reasoning, the company’s move is a logical one. Of course, many publishers won’t be too thrilled as this will possibly impede their revenue stream through ads, but it would seem that for Google, the users come first.

charice.preston, Aug 24, 2016 IP
  20. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    In examples they showed interstitials, not new tabs... Hard to say how will it affect our ads.