1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please suggest a simple Project Management Script / tool

Discussion in 'Programming' started by sipltech, Aug 21, 2016.

Hello,

I feel many of forum members are using various sort of project management tools and they have pretty good experience. I need suggestions from members on integrating a project management + collaboration tool for my upcoming website. This will be used by my clients, project managers & coworkers to improve our work delivery. I found few tools but not sure they will work for me in long run, either they are too much complicated or charging annual fees per member/ team/ client.

I want to know if any one of you have access to a really simple and reliable tool which help me managing the following task:

1. Allowing clients to upload complete project details, file sharing to admin.
    2. Admin can assign multiple project managers to multiple project.
    3. Project manager can choose his team as coworker. (He is the sole person dealing with clients, client will not have access to workers till admin/ PM approve them to do so)
    4. Project wise reporting including time tracking etc.
    5. Admin will have full rights to add/edit/delete moderate anything.
    6. Built in chat function.
    7. Billing as per work progress.

I did lot of research but ultimately I landed on some freelance clone sites or hosted solutions. If any one know a script that can be customized as per my needs please share or if you have experience building these scripts also share your thoughts.

Thank you for reading this post.

sipltech, Aug 21, 2016 IP
  2. sipltech

sipltech Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Diskretni,
    Thank you for taking your time to reply my post. I am getting older so I am sorry I didn't explained properly. Please see the purpose mentioned in my post, can you suggest a tool which meet the requirements mentioned? basically I like to automate project management, whenever a client send me a project details, I will upload the same to a project management tool, assign a project manager and team to work on same. Also there are freelance team connected with me, sometime I assign work to them as well. If I get a good tool will be easy for me manage everything.

When I googled i found few tools (E.g. Asana, Zoho) or scrits (Freelancer clone, Fiverr clone etc.) which doesnt meet my requirements and they are hosted solutions, either they bill me per project basis or per team basis, where as I can not fix a permanent team at software, because I have a in-house team, freelancers or freelance team. Each client has it's own reporting standards, project tracking which I am finding difficult to use in these hosted solutions. in short I need flexibility and save my time. If I get a custom coded or a readymade script for project management I can setup the same within my domain and manage everything my way.

sipltech, Aug 21, 2016 IP
  3. Atif Shahab Qureshi

Atif Shahab Qureshi Member

Best Answers:
    Not 100 percent but most of your requirements can be fulfilled in TaskQue. It enables you to assign tasks to project managers. Invite users on projects and assign tasks. you can automate tasks assignment using Queue feature. Moreover, defining workload increases productivity of the staff without over whelming them. It is perfect for you. if you want any further clarification. you can contact me at .

Atif Shahab Qureshi, Nov 20, 2016 IP
  4. Ieva Kilišauskaitė

Ieva Kilišauskaitė Peon

Best Answers:
    Eylean Board is a project management software based on Lean and Agile methodologies. Users can choose from Scrum and Kanban templates for a faster task management, task monitoring and delegation. Eylean focuses on visual perfection and user experience, allows to visualize the process with more clarity and to divide large steps into smaller ones. Drag and drop function is smartly engineered to view the effects of your actions instantly and it simplifies the creation and customization of task boards. This software is intuitive and easy to use, even if you have little or no experience with other project management software.
    One more benefit of using Eylean is quick and simple way to get started, just a few clicks and it’s ready. [​IMG]

Ieva Kilišauskaitė, Feb 24, 2017 IP
  5. Fazal Hussain

Fazal Hussain Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many Task Management tools which can help you in getting the job done, the one I use is TaskQue, it is really helpful and features like defining number of tasks show to employee at the moment and others go in que with setting task dates in calendars as well makes it unique. It allows full integration and you can also check current progress status of any task assigned to anybody by checking task summary.

Fazal Hussain, Mar 17, 2017 IP
  6. cLogik

cLogik Active Member

Best Answers:
    I made my own! It's going open source but not entirely ready yet.

Go on Scriptcanyon and search for "freelancer", there are plenty of management panels for $10 and upwards that you host yourself and allow you to do exactly what you want, they suck in both code and design, but they get the job done, for now.

cLogik, Mar 28, 2017 IP
  7. mkkhatri

mkkhatri Member

Best Answers:
    The "taskque" can be a very good tool for you, as per your requirements.

mkkhatri, Apr 6, 2017 IP