1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

No organic traffic, what am I doing wrong

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Imtrying, Aug 16, 2016.

I've had my wordpress site with a premium theme for 2 months now, I've been publishing 3-10 unique, well written articles per day. 85-100% unique. Not every article can be 100% unique as the niche is politics and news.

All articles are within hours old or less of news happening.

My articles get indexed within 5 hours of publishing, id like to make this sooner? Instantly indexed? I have simple auto sitemap plugin installed.

I have 4 authors and profiles on each article.

I have 6 categories.

I have no tags. Should I put tags on each article?

Articles are between 300-700 words each.

I get 1-2 uniques organic a day, I get 10k-50k social media traffic per day.

I want to get 10k-15k ORGANIC per day, what am I doing wrong?

I have been told to wait 6 months to apply for Google news, but regardless, shouldn't I be getting organic traffic already?

Imtrying, Aug 16, 2016 IP
  2. SEOPearl

SEOPearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If everything is perfect then you can wait for some time then you can get your expected results! Make a strong internal and external linking structure to your contents. Get more quality backlinks from the high DA sites. Also, check your on-page terms.

SEOPearl, Aug 16, 2016 IP
  3. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well then you need to increase your online presence and brand to increase organic traffic.
    Have you tried joining on blog communities? If not, then I suggest you should now. You can build brand and online reputation from there, and most likely to attract organic search. Aside from blogging you can also do video making (if it is possible). Market your articles as much as possible in any platform or be creative with it.

Patricia Ann Lee, Aug 16, 2016 IP
  4. Rajesh Jhamb

Rajesh Jhamb Member

Best Answers:
    First, do a proper keyword research and see keywords you are targeting have a good number of searches of not. If yes, do proper On Page SEO and get some high-quality do follow backlinks + social signals.

Most Important, spy your competitor's. See what are they doing, don't copy your competitors but you can get some ideas from them.

Hope it will help you. If you are still struggling then, please let me know your website URL.

I will help you.

Thanks

Rajesh Jhamb, Aug 16, 2016 IP
  5. Endrue Wellton

Endrue Wellton Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    According to me you have to do proper SEO activities for get more organic traffics and it's long term process but it's better for you.

Endrue Wellton, Aug 16, 2016 IP
  6. Ethan Parker

Ethan Parker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In the niche of your choice, SEO is not the best option to attract quality traffic.

Why?

I am sure organic traffic is everyone's first choice because when it starts pouring in, you are on an easy streak and you do not have to do anything. However, for that to happen, you need to have a strong website with a lot of authority in Google's eyes. Especially if you are running a news website.

Go to your Google search box and type in some of the keywords you are trying to rank for. Do you see websites that appear on the first 2 pages? They are all huge websites that have been on the Internet for years. Even decade, maybe. They have attracted millions of links in their history, and they will outrank your website without investing any kind of effort.

In my opinion, pursuing SEO for a news and political niche is waste of time and money. But I surely do not mean you should give up. There is way more potential in social media than in SEO for your niche, because nowadays, people get all of their news from Facebook, Twitter and all other social media networks. Just make sure you create viral content and put in front of people. They will do the rest by sharing, if the content is attractive.

Ethan Parker, Aug 17, 2016 IP
    monfis likes this.
  7. Imtrying

Imtrying Active Member

Best Answers:
    I literally only have 1 competitor, my site is something like breitbart for a specific country. (For hard right wing viewers)

The keywords are there, there is tons of searches for this type of content.

Also my google sitemap is something wrong I think, the articles get indexed a few hours after publishing, aren't they supposed to be indexed instantly?

Imtrying, Aug 30, 2016 IP
  8. Mike Lee

Mike Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Another method you can try is to submit your newly published article to Google and Bing via Google Webmaster Tool and Bing Webmaster Tool. You can submit it for faster indexing. However, there is limitation on the number of URL you can submit everyday.

Mike Lee, Aug 30, 2016 IP
  9. Imtrying

Imtrying Active Member

Best Answers:
    Update, I've been getting some organic traffic now over the last week, articles get indexed within 10 minutes.

Search the exact headline of my article and it shows up in Google witchin 10 minutes first place, providing the headline is unique.

But it says in the search results published 6 hours ago? When I published it 10 minutes ago, how do I fix that?

And is there anyway to find What people search for (trending news) in exact sentences? And if there's already articles with those exact sentences out there already?

Imtrying, Sep 2, 2016 IP
  10. MdIsmailHossain

MdIsmailHossain Member

Best Answers:
    Wait for some few days more. Your site is still a baby site. Try to get some good quality backlinks.

MdIsmailHossain, Sep 2, 2016 IP
  11. Tedel

Tedel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Let me sum it up this way: Why should I get into your blog and read it? Am I going to learn something really useful?

I cannot care less about how many articles you publish, how unique they are or anything else. What is in it for me?

Tedel, Sep 7, 2016 IP
  12. Imtrying

Imtrying Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have done some research and watching, most of my articles get indexed within minutes, but many take 5-24 hours, why is that? I have the XML-sitemap installed and it's working, also there's 350 articles published, between 300-700 words each in the news niche.

Also I already have social shares, one article has gotten 120k shares.

I am getting backlinks originally slowly, 25 so far in a month, I don't want to spam or ask for backlinks.

The articles are good quality, most 100% unique, all above 90%.

Well written articles, writers are paid $10+

Problem with news: All articles are valuable, but only for a few hours to few days, then they DEAD!

Should I get into a different niche?

However, some of my articles need only 2 words in google search and they rank first place which makes me want more, competing with the big players is fun, it's addicting.

Imtrying, Sep 7, 2016 IP
  13. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to get index sooner, you need to submit the post urls right after in Webmaster tool, at Crawl section => Fetch as Google. This way will let your posts get index less than 5 minutes

Yes you should put tags on each post, usually 5-10 tags per post.

You do not do any wrong, you have not just focus on SEO technologies, you've just done on Social Media.

If you want faster, you need to do SEO daily. In order to promote your website and to increase traffic, I would suggest you to use SEO, I think at first you need to learn from many famous and largest websites about SEO such as: Searchengineland, Searchenginewatch, Searchenginejournal, Moz,...they're all giving free basic SEO techniques that you can follow and practice. After that, you should apply these techniques on your own website with your domain and hosting, try your best to practical daily as much as possible.

I believe that you can get the archive after some months you try hard.

Good luck to you,

daica85, Sep 7, 2016 IP
  14. iasad1

iasad1 Peon

Best Answers:
    hey guys, been trying to optimise for a client in the uk. They use there own cms, have optimised the meta titles, fixed canonical issues, been building links, fixed page speed issues, improved server response, uploaded new sitemap. Literally everything that we can think of. Yet the SEO traffic is improving very very slowly. What could i have been missing? Need help urgently thanks.

iasad1, Sep 8, 2016 IP
  15. Bernard Mark

Bernard Mark Member

Best Answers:
    Is your traffic from social media free or paid???

Bernard Mark, Oct 10, 2016 IP
  16. Madhuri Verma

Madhuri Verma Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Do proper research in keyword and place it in post

• Title, Meta Description and in unique quality content
    • Add at least one Image
    • Do link building activities
    • Give Outbound links related to your post
    • Understand the difference between on page and off page optimization techniques in SEO.

Collect the best practices and work accordingly for better organic results

Madhuri Verma, Oct 15, 2016 IP