1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Got a warning, I need urgent help, please...

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by Lorelei, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Lorelei

Lorelei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Lorelei, Dec 16, 2006 IP
  2. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks better but I am still seeing other pages with the same layout. I would personally get some content into those pages, doesnt have to be anything special just a few paragraphs on each page.

cormac, Dec 16, 2006 IP
  3. maryn

maryn Peon

Best Answers:

Lorelei, once in a while it would show the "This page cannot be found" on one of your ads sets but not the other set. I think that's what Ian was talking about. I saw it too.

maryn, Dec 16, 2006 IP
    Lorelei likes this.
  4. Lorelei

Lorelei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for ur reply sniff.. do u mean the front page?

Lorelei, Dec 16, 2006 IP
  5. ian_batten

ian_batten Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How odd, the page ads seem to be fine now. Maybe it was just my browser :)

ian_batten, Dec 16, 2006 IP
  6. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah but as someone else posted your links are too much like Google ads so it might be better to juggle their design.

For now I would remove all ads until you have figured out the layout, as you said you dont want to risk your account.

If you do decided to remove the ads from all pages to work this out, email Google and let them know you have done so.

cormac, Dec 16, 2006 IP
    Lorelei likes this.
  7. Lorelei

Lorelei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    before i forget, someone here mentioned the lack of content as a violation of TOS... means the ads i have here (url below) are also violating the terms?

go to http://www.28freecards.com/popular.php and click on any of the cards thumbnail for a preview... is the ad i have in the pop-up misplaced from point of view of TOS?

now back to the damn hosting directory, i think it's a lil` better now, at least ads (there is only one image ad on the front page) is visibly separated from the rest of the links...

if anyone would spare a few minutes to go over my other urls which i posted in my first post, i'd be very grateful, because I want to email them and let them know i spent half the day modifying 2 measly pages, but i wanna make sure i dont have any faults on any other pages in case they will go through all the channels...

thank u so much for the help, turfsniffer, maryn, pangea and all the others who responded! much appreciated!! :)

Lorelei, Dec 16, 2006 IP
  8. maryn

maryn Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay, here's what I'm getting from the email you posted and I should point out that I did not ever think this was a violation but on the rest of your websites, the ads still match the neighboring content. Same bold heading colors. They look so good to me but now I'm not sure. I'm just putting it out there for you.

Also, I think you will need to put text content on those thumbnail pop-ups or take 'em off. I think the picture, with nothing else, is drawing undue attention to the ad.

I really do like your websites and you have put a lot of work into them.

maryn, Dec 16, 2006 IP
  9. Lorelei

Lorelei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ok, will remove the popups ads, there are only about 500 of them, should manage in 3 days :D

still i dont really understand the difference between "ads that match the neighboring content" and "ads that blend with the design", which is for sure allowed, as google has it in their optimization tips... must be a very fine line between these two :S

and, thanks for the complement about my sites, maryn! :)

Lorelei, Dec 16, 2006 IP
  10. maryn

maryn Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh no, 500? :eek: ... I'd help if I could.:D

I think you are going to be in great shape with Google though. Keep us updated.

maryn, Dec 16, 2006 IP
  11. ian_batten

ian_batten Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You must remove the ads on popups, that is strictly against the TOS.
    Otherwise, I think it is looking good.

ian_batten, Dec 17, 2006 IP
  12. kh7

kh7 Peon

Best Answers:
    I still think on the webhosting page the amount of content versus the amount of ads is problematic. You are clearly capable of making great websites - so make that a great website, instead of adsense central. Which is what it looks like now. I don't really think the blending was the issue in the first place - though that may have been what triggered the adsense team into mailing you. I think the issue is that http://www.loreleiweb.com/.../index.html is a website without any useful content at all. I mean it suggests a directory, but has absolutely no categories. It is unlikely that that site is getting you much visitors for now - so I'd take off the adsense (maybe leave up one adunit/page) till you do have actual content to show for it.

kh7, Dec 17, 2006 IP
  13. Lorelei

Lorelei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    eventually i needed to redo "only" 387 ecards popups, as most of the holidays cards are currently inactive. ok, one thing sorted!

also on the www.28freecards.com site i decided not to take a risk and removed the ads next to images, since they could be interpreted as "images related to the ads". now i have a one big add right in visitors face, doesnt look aesthetic. already got a few clicks on it, each one is exactly one cent, which is 10 times less than the ad i used to have... oh, i have a feeling this optimization quest is gonna hurt the pocket. well, better than to be banned anyway! :D

next...
    i added some content, if we can call it "content" to http://www.loreleiweb.com/free_web_hosting_directory/ although they would probably see that the attempt was very desperate. although the table still doesnt look perfect (mainly because the page became longer and i dont have that many links) but for now i should think the improvement is tremendous. i removed the domains and affiliates pages so dont think there should be any issues there.

i totally agree with u kh7, and thanks for your suggestion!

last thing, are the ads here any "misleading" or violating in anyway? i really dont know if they will say the images are too close or the ads are too well blended...

http://www.liza-kliko.com/art/free.htm
    http://www.liza-kliko.com/laurel-wreath/home.htm

maybe i should put the ads above the title? (i tried, looks terrible). or, are teh link units in the end of each page pose a danger?

thanks again for all your support!

Lorelei, Dec 17, 2006 IP
  14. kolaios

kolaios Peon

Best Answers:
    Some times Google just sends random warnings for no reason to keep the publishers on their toes.

kolaios, Dec 17, 2006 IP