1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you write when you're not in the mood?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Spoiltdiva, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    But I didn't...you just fail to comprehend that. I could go on and on about the subtle differences between American, English, Canadian, Australian and even South African spellings etc. But why bore our audience? Besides I have to get an advertising slogan edited today and send it out for approval.
    So if you don't mind I have $$$ to make. As for you, go back to your beloved bong.;)

Spoiltdiva, Jul 29, 2016 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I don't worship weed at all. It is one of the easiest things to quit. Unlike alcohol, which you're probably addicted to. You don't mind a wine or two at dinner every night, right? :) Hahaha what a hypocrite.

dcristo, Jul 29, 2016 IP
  3. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    On that happy note let's end this. Thanks to you irritating me I'm already into a BIG glass of red wine, and it's only 8 a.m. Pacific time!

P.S. joking of course.

4. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Cool. Let's both get drunk and skype each other. NOT. If I did that, I might be too honest and let you know what I really think.

dcristo, Jul 29, 2016 IP
  5. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    No one on this site really cares what you think. But if I did, how do you write when you're not in the mood?
    Answer: He smokes a big fat bong.

6. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Are you talking to yourself? And you're having a go at me for smoking weed. You need professional help.

dcristo, Jul 29, 2016 IP
  7. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    This is what can happen if one does not listen to one's instincts. I didn't ignore this troll, and look at what happened? I will ignore him from now on.

dcristo likes this.
  8. Diskretni

Diskretni Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well actually,yes,many people do it,if you want your reputation to be sustained you have to.

Diskretni, Aug 1, 2016 IP
  9. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Nope, not buying into that. I don't have to copy because I am creative and besides, my content is almost always better than any one else's.
    Honestly I can bang out original content on any subject faster than it would take me to copy and steal. (which I wouldn't do) A good writer is educated and well informed, and possesses a wealth of knowledge on just about everything under the sun.

Although these days I'm not a professional writer, I was in my earlier days. I do however hire writers at times and can easily spot those who can create in a moments notice, as opposed to those who rely on theft to get the job done.

Spoiltdiva, Aug 2, 2016 IP
  10. billll

billll Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know whether my answer here would matter or not, as you perhaps already received the best answer. But, if you ask me, I just search the facts, statistics, or quotes etc. on the topic.

I just have to like one line, one quote, or one fact. Once it's set in my mind, I can write everything on it, rather comfortably. Besides, I look for the controversial aspect too. If I can say something against the law (I mean which people aren't expecting), I say it. Writing controversially, and showing the other point of view, is also interesting. From my experience, it impels people to engage with the content; they not only like or share the content, but also comment on the content to prove me wrong.

However, before writing a controversial content, I already know what I'm writing, and how I'm going to defent. It's interesting and keeps me motivated.

billll, Aug 6, 2016 IP
  11. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Being confidant is a positive but you can never know what someone will write. It would be hard to know how you will defend, before you know what will be written.

Spoiltdiva, Aug 8, 2016 IP
  12. billll

billll Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, exactly. You're right. It happens sometimes, but our purpose is often different than the readers. We want engagement. We want response. And, that's what we get when the readers flood us with the comments and try to prove us wrong, as it fulfills their ego. But, the thing readers usually don't understand is that our purpose has been achieved. In the end, it's our blog, our content, or our website, which is standing as the winner, and getting all the likes and shares.

Besides, it's always possible to deflect even the most powerful questions or comments of the readers. When you feel it's not possible for you to answer, just raise some other issue, which can engage them even more, and sometimes, on small issues, let your readers be the winners of the debate. It in fact helps. They visit and read your content even more and try to be the winner of the debate again. But, again, our purpose is different. It's us who are the actual winner. Our purpose is not to win the debate. Our purpose is to engage them with us.

billll, Aug 8, 2016 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  13. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Very well put, I like that and am pleased to give you your first like. I have a sense that you are *never* not in a mood to write.

Spoiltdiva, Aug 8, 2016 IP
  14. billll

billll Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much. Well, yes! You can say that. But, these days I'm not focusing on 'writing' as such; it's just require 10% of my attention. Since, it's a very competitive business model. I can be wrong, but if we look around us, most of the successful entrepreneurs, who are perhaps earning in millions each year, are focusing on creating and promoting videos. It's quite easy and builds more credibility.

billll, Aug 8, 2016 IP
  15. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    So when you are not in the mood to write you get someone else to do it? Now, why didn't the rest of us think of that?;)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    Spoiltdiva, Aug 9, 2016 IP
  16. Adom Smith

Adom Smith Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Honestly If I am in mood Then I write about nature or what is in my mind about my life my thinking.

Adom Smith, Aug 12, 2016 IP
  17. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Ah...thanks for sharing that with us, I think. But you might be on the wrong thread. You see this thread is not about what you like to write about. Rather it is about how you write, when you're not in the mood.

Spoiltdiva, Aug 14, 2016 IP
  18. Danielzo

Danielzo Active Member

Best Answers:
    When you are not in the mood for writing, you can listen to some music, and start writing. Don’t pause it. Simply, go with the flow. I’ve been doing it for the last three hours, and still doing it while typing this response.

Danielzo, Aug 28, 2016 IP
  19. handsomegenius

handsomegenius Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How do you get out of bed and go to a crappy office job you despise when you're not in the mood?

To me, that's always been the difficult one. Motivating yourself to write is easy.

You close facebook, close your email, put your phone away on silent, open the document and start crafting phrases and sentences.

If the first thing you come up with isn't that great - you can always cut or change them - what matters is that you make a start.

If you want to make this work as your primary source of income then you have to treat it like your vocation. Part of that means you take professional pride in your work, and in your reliability to deliver it.

It's been years since I've ever been "stuck" for what to write. I've found that most of what they call writer's block is usually poor briefing or a lack of research.

On any properly run copywriting project, a fair amount of preparation happens before you write any copy. By that point, you have a fair idea of what you need to write.

Some creativity goes into copywriting, sure. But we're not novelists. We're not so reliant on inspiration to strike.

I have a lot more sympathy for comedy writers, screenplay writers, fiction writers et al when they speak of writer's block.

Interestingly enough, though, Salman Rushdie once said that one of the secrets of his success was that he treated his writing like his job. He sits down in the morning and writes.

If he can bring that attitude to great literary masterpieces then we have no excuses with commercial websites.

handsomegenius, Aug 29, 2016 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  20. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Yes one does wonder how they manage to be funny on demand, when they aren't having a good day.

@Danielzo
    Music can be a motivator but also a distraction as well.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    Spoiltdiva, Aug 29, 2016 IP
    Danielzo likes this.