1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google translate Vs Bing translator

Discussion in 'Google' started by Zulver, Jun 1, 2016.

I use to use differents translators to translate posts and stuffs, i think google one is better for translating to Spanish-English (I'm Spanish, soo you can check it) but i think the bing translator is better for translating to deutsch

Soo, what do you think is the best translator?

PD: I'm really interested in to find a reliable translator for deutsch, i hope your answers can help me! :

Zulver, Jun 1, 2016 IP
  2. TomRider

TomRider Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The formats between the two translation tools are nearly identical. Both feature a webpage with two rectangular boxes side by side. In each case, the boxon the left is the location in which you enter either the next that you would like to be translated.
    Both translation tools can translate dozens of languages, and they both can translate well beyond English, giving you the option of translating any one of their available languages into any one of their other available languages. Google translate provides translations for 63 languages and Bing translator in 37 languages.
    Both translation tools give you the option of auto-detecting the language that you wanted translated in case you are unable to identify it. Bing provides a free widget that you can add to your own website as an option for visitors, while Google translate has a paid service.
    Reviews of the Bing and translation tools indicate that both their speed and accuracy are comperable.
    Google allows you to select words in translation to see if there any alternatives, allowing you to tinker with a translation if it does not read right to you.

TomRider, Jun 2, 2016 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  3. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I tend to use Google Translate out of habit, but find both tools work well.

danasurvey, Jun 2, 2016 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I just found this German text
    which apparently translates to
    Here's Google's version:
    and Bing's version
    The official translation is identical to Google's. Bing's is different and noticeably clumsy.

sarahk, Jun 2, 2016 IP
  5. seoaceindia

seoaceindia Banned

Best Answers:
    recently i use google translate for Italian language for my keyword setting i prefer google translator.

seoaceindia, Jun 2, 2016 IP
  6. AjiPagez

AjiPagez Active Member

Best Answers:
    google translate :):)

AjiPagez, Jun 5, 2016 IP
  7. APriyaG

APriyaG Member

Best Answers:
    I Prefer Google Translator. Both are similar the only minor difference between the two are "Google Translate allows you to mouse over the terms you wish to have an alternative translation of. This is a very useful feature that is missing in Bing."

APriyaG, Jun 23, 2016 IP
  8. Dario McNut

Dario McNut Member

Best Answers:
    You can simply use the one you are comfortable working with. Make sure that it is something that provides you right and accurate results.

Dario McNut, Jun 23, 2016 IP
  9. Sopu

Sopu Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think google translator can translate more accurately than Bing.

Sopu, Jul 26, 2016 IP
  10. Robert_Tam

Robert_Tam Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Usually I use google translator, I think it works a little bit better.

Robert_Tam, Jul 29, 2016 IP
  11. Froggys

Froggys Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Never tried Bing translator,but I know Google's is bad.

Froggys, Aug 3, 2016 IP
  12. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    They are both bad but Bing's just happens to be the worst of the two. I am disgusted quite frankly, with both of them. What I do like however is Google's vocal (audio) pronunciations, not bad at all.

Spoiltdiva, Aug 3, 2016 IP
  13. Pamela Turns

Pamela Turns Active Member

Best Answers:
    As for me, I find both tools beneficial when it comes to a purpose but I prefer more using Google Translate rather than Bing Translator. I don't know, its just that I am more comfortable using Google.

Pamela Turns, Aug 3, 2016 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  14. ITRob

ITRob Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're only translating short/simple texts (few sentences at most), then either one of those tools will do a passable job, I reckon. But if you are trying to translate a lot of content or a longer article, do yourself a favor and have it done by a professional translator. You can find them at proz.com or translatorscafe.com (not affiliated with either of those sites, I just have positive experience with them). You can either post your job details or ask a translator directly on their forums (don't forget to provide them with details about the job, maybe even a sample of the text you'd like to have translated).

This way of course means that you have to be prepared to pay for your translation (anywhere between 0.15-0.25 cents per word, your mileage may vary), which might or might not be your case. But you will get a perfect result done by a professional, which will universally be better than translations done by any machine translation software. At least that's my experience.

Finding a translator for your language pair (ESP-DEU) should be fairly easy. It's much more difficult when you want to translate to Asian languages (like English to Japanese or Korean) - there are fewer translators for these language pairs and they often charge more per word. But I found that I didn't need to hire them too often - short paragraphs and emails were usually handled more or less perfectly with the YarakuZen.com machine translator.

Those are my two cents, sorry for the long post :D

ITRob, Sep 20, 2016 IP
  15. tusher707

tusher707 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think google translator can translate more accurately than others

tusher707, Sep 20, 2016 IP
  16. Alex Mostovyi

Alex Mostovyi Peon

Best Answers:
    As for me, google translate is better, but in some situations you can compare results from both translators.

Alex Mostovyi, Sep 20, 2016 IP