1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Do You Use Google Trends for Research?

Discussion in 'Google' started by BradySEO, Mar 5, 2014.

1. tisanjosh

tisanjosh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Everyone, this topic is really helpful for me. I would love to share it with all my friends.....

tisanjosh, May 31, 2016 IP
  2. BrendanMartin

BrendanMartin Member

Best Answers:
    In the past, I've used Google Trends for verifying the niche's potential. For example, say you want to build an ecommerce store and have a niche in mind. It would be beneficial to check out the industry/product on Trends to see if the interest is increasing or decreasing over time. There may still be money to be made in the niche, but generally I like to go with upward trending topics.

BrendanMartin, Jun 1, 2016 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  3. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Riding a trend to the top makes sense. :)

danasurvey, Jun 1, 2016 IP
  4. APriyaG

APriyaG Member

Best Answers:
    Google Trends will allow anyone to set their individual parameters for searching from web/image/news time period and you can compare it with 25 other search terms too.

APriyaG, Jun 20, 2016 IP
  5. helen.davis

helen.davis Member

Best Answers:
    Google trends help explore the global reaction to key events.
    A good point is that the Trends data is
    1. anonymized,
    2. aggregated
    3. categorized,
    which makes it possible to assess the interest on a certain issue or search term. Using this free tool you can also see the geography of the search, or what else users look for along with this term.
    Numbers apart, you can use Google Trends for storytelling. For instance, we can look back and compare what sports have been popular since 2004. Or you can parse the searches for events to estimate the hype they have raised. Let’s take year 2015 as an example – it turns out that it’s Adele’s comeback that triggered more than 439 million Google searches.

helen.davis, Aug 2, 2016 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  6. billll

billll Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I've used Google Trends, but I found it average, especially when it comes to finding niches. Since, the results it produces are like temporary; they aren't evergreen. Or, they've already been dominated by others... It's like pushing yourself in the competition.

I've found a great, secret way to find niches through Pinterest - especially Amazon niches. It's like, within 10 minutes, I've 20 niches in my list. I never faced a problem in finding niches once I found that. And, the best part, they all are profitable. All you need is to put some 2000+ articles - maximum 15-20 articles, and you'll start banking hundreds dollars within 2 months.

Now, of course, the more niche-websites you'll have, the more you'll earn. I still follow this method, but currently I'm working on just 2-3 niches, as I'm busy with other business model. And, still those niche websites hand me healthy amount of money.

Thank you!

Regards.

billll, Aug 6, 2016 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  7. Jessicamartin

Jessicamartin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    1. Google Adwords : Keyword Planner
    2. SEMRush
    3. I use Google Trend for keyword Ideas search.

Jessicamartin, Aug 16, 2016 IP
  8. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    I used it for keyword research before, it might be confusing at first especially when you are using different tools for research.
    But in time it will give you more insight on the the list of keywords you want to pursue.

Patricia Ann Lee, Aug 16, 2016 IP
  9. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When performing a search on Google Trends, you have the option to set four variables or parameters (default shown in bold):
    • Web Search – Image search – News Search – Product Search – YouTube Search
    • Worldwide – Option to choose a specific Country
    • 2004-Present – Past 7 Days – 30 Days – 90 Days – 12 Months- Choose a Year
    • All Categories – Arts & Entertainment – Autos & Vehicles – Beauty & fitness – Books & literature – Business & industrial – Computers & electronics – Finance – Food & drink – Games
    You can compare up to five search terms or groupings at one time, with up to 25 search terms in each grouping.

You can read the rest here: https://searchenginewatch.com/sew/how-to/2292198/how-to-use-google-trends-for-seo

Hope this helps

daica85, Aug 18, 2016 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  10. lovrinjo8

lovrinjo8 Peon

Best Answers:
    hey man good job

lovrinjo8, Sep 16, 2016 IP