1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WP + Woocommerce + PayPal - can't configure server to load

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by ZackP, Jul 30, 2016.

HI there, need help. After several weeks of developing and purchasing: WordPress theme, Woocommerce modules + Fedex integration + Paypal processing + Bitcoin integration + SSL developer doesn't know how to configure hosting server.
    It is Linux server managed by C Panel. In beginning we believed that PHP has to be brought up to 5.6.xx which we did. Site worked but with errors saying that TLS is 1.0 instead of 1.2, Paypal complaining as well. So we purchased SSL certificate and WEB master applied it to server. It is visible in C Panel. He also created secure domain called "secure.mysite.com". Site is still showing TLS 1.0. Now we know that PayPal doesn't like that.

Supposedly now developer must designate wordpress/checkout/ pages under SSL license but we are not sure that he did it and knows how to do it. When run site is not showing but there are errors in browser saying something like "SSL on this site is improperly configured". In Safari when accepting all warnings site opens, go to buy something and to checkout and instead of checkout page there is warning about PHP errors.

Please help. If we don't solve this quickly we will have to throw away everything what we got developed and all money paid to developer will be wasted.

ZackP, Jul 30, 2016 IP
  2. ZackP

ZackP Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Could not fix it, dumped WordPress/Woocommerce, replaced whole WEB site with completely different one.

ZackP, Jul 31, 2016 IP
  3. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That was a bit hasty lol.... that required a 2 second phone call or manual fix.

N.

Nigel Lew, Jul 31, 2016 IP
  4. Hazi Rabby

Hazi Rabby Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I can solve your paypal integration problem. If you want a clean solution for your website please contact to my skype (rabby.hazi) that we can discuss more about it.
    Thanks

Hazi Rabby, Jul 31, 2016 IP
    Nigel Lew likes this.
  5. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think he took his ball and went home.
    N.

Nigel Lew, Jul 31, 2016 IP
  6. ZackP

ZackP Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No he didn't take his ball and go home :)
    Let me log into Skype ...

ZackP, Jul 31, 2016 IP
  7. Kadabra

Kadabra Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can also try a simple SSL plugin like "SSL Insecure Content Fixer" and see if it fixes those errors.

Kadabra, Aug 1, 2016 IP
  8. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    First, you should perhaps make sure your webdev actually knows what s/he is doing. Not many webdevs have server admin knowledge.
    This should be a few minutes to fix. Your admin is an idiot.

PoPSiCLe, Aug 1, 2016 IP
  9. ZackP

ZackP Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hosting provider claims he brought up server to latest upgrades but still PHP page shows TLS 1.0. I spoke to another shopping cart provider and they said that it is up to hosting server environment to provide that.

ZackP, Aug 1, 2016 IP
  10. Kadabra

Kadabra Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    can you show the site?

Kadabra, Aug 1, 2016 IP
  11. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt it but do you happen to have root to the server? This really is an easy fix. The host is nuts as well apparently. You need to send that ticket up the pipe past the first line of support folks.

N.

Nigel Lew, Aug 1, 2016 IP
  12. ZackP

ZackP Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have access to my domain name folder - public.html and C panel.

We are now sure 100% that hosting server must be setup with TLS 1.2. So Design of shopping cart doesn't matter and can't help there. As remedy we will look for new hosting and actually build new better site.

Thank you everybody who wanted to help. This kind of terminates this thread. We decided to push into different direction.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    ZackP, Aug 1, 2016 IP