1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best way to get in contact with bloggers.

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by bluecastle99, Jul 22, 2016.

Currently i'm curating a database of bloggers. The purpose is to create a platform where bloggers can congregate and support each other. My latest hurtle has been getting in contact with bloggers. It seems like every-time i contact a blogger my emails get disregarded. I'll say that out of 10 bloggers that i message, 1 responds. Here's a sample email:

Hey ****,
    I recently stumbled on your LinkedIn profile and found this amazing blog. As a young entrepreneur, I'm trying to initiate my online company. What I currently offer is a platform where you can find bloggers and writers like you in New York City. It would be amazing if you could provide me with some feedback on the platform. We can work together and collaborate, just let me know if you're interested.

I look forward toward discussing further with you

Any advice?

bluecastle99, Jul 22, 2016 IP
  2. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    So, this is something like an email outreach?? Am I right?

Patricia Ann Lee, Jul 22, 2016 IP
  3. bluecastle99

bluecastle99 Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, its an email outreach to bloggers that i find on twitter

bluecastle99, Jul 22, 2016 IP
  4. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Don't use email as a first means of contact. Engage with them on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook etc. Build a report with them, let them know you're serious, and then propose something. That mail you sent out is something that I personally would send directly to the trashcan. You need to offer incentives, not just "lets collaborate" - THEY have a blog, you have next to nothing. Offer to take them out for coffee, join First Tuesdays, join entrepeneur-brunches, Facebook groups, etc.

PoPSiCLe, Jul 28, 2016 IP
  5. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I wouldn't respond to that email either.

dcristo, Jul 28, 2016 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Learn to spell, folks: hurdle, rapport

I get a ton of email newsletters and they never get read - if I'm looking at email I'm working. If I'm on social media I'm probably not.
    Therefore I don't go to my inbox to kill time and read stuff anymore. I'd say forums killed email as entertainment and social media is killing forums - therefore email is well down the food chain.

If you want to get people to visit your site you need to give them a reason to want to come - curiosity? wanting to be first off the block? great content?

There's also a bit of vanity, most people are looking to climb the ladder but aren't so keen to drag people up behind them - which is what you are asking them to do. You need to position yourself as "the" bright young thing who will help them shine. There are probably loads of young and enthusiastic people pitching to the successful bloggers all the time. Hell, I neglect my blog and I still get people wanting to advertise and guest post. I'm guessing they just scrape and send, but you have to show them that you are better than that. I don't think you can do that from a single email subject line.

sarahk, Jul 28, 2016 IP
  7. seoaceindia

seoaceindia Banned

Best Answers:
    same here m getting thousand of mail every day not reading any of the mail.

seoaceindia, Jul 29, 2016 IP
  8. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Especially ones that start with "I stumbled on your site..."

dcristo, Jul 29, 2016 IP
  9. seoaceindia

seoaceindia Banned

Best Answers:
    absolutely.

seoaceindia, Jul 29, 2016 IP