1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does buying and selling domain names makes money ?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by monstercase, Jun 23, 2016.

Hello,

Have some questions regarding domain names. Does buying domin names and selling domain names makes money ? What is the best site to buy and sell it ?

monstercase, Jun 23, 2016 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Yes it does, but it's not easy money. It requires research, tenacity and patience.
    You can buy and sell here, at flippa, on eBay and at sedo. Some countries will have local market places for local domains such as trademe.co.nz for New Zealand. A bit of research will find others, no doubt.

sarahk, Jun 23, 2016 IP
    sweetpea69 likes this.
  3. Nameshark

Nameshark Member

Best Answers:
    As Sarahk said it is not something that will happen overnight. Many domain names are held for years before the right person comes along with a vision of how to use it. Do your research and do not just by a domain name to buy one. Many of the generic TLD's are not worth your time unless you can find a match like web.host or something similar. Be creative and have the end user in mind if it is not you.

Nameshark, Jun 23, 2016 IP
    sweetpea69 likes this.
  4. jv1999

jv1999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Now I agree with everyone else QQ.

I seriously thought you could just buy a catchy domain name and it would be super hot on flippa or DP. But that's not the case.

For example, I tried selling these domains for the last two days:

rousable.com
    piqueable.com
    nutmilkshop.com
    permitless.com

I mean, they're legit really great names. Lots of potential, pretty original, and catchy. But... they're not selling. No views either. No one is interested.

It's because you can't just sell domains... you have to sell websites rather than domains :/. People will buy your domain if it's at least page 2 ranking in google (I guess?)

Sigh :p. At least I spent probably only less than $100 on this experiment.

jv1999, Jul 6, 2016 IP
  5. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Most domainers lose money. Way too late to the game. Of course, there will always be exceptions to the rule (and in such cases it takes money to make money). Expecting to make a killing from reg fee domain names is living in a dream world.

dcristo, Jul 6, 2016 IP
  6. Pierre Barnard

Pierre Barnard Active Member

Best Answers:
    I also find it extremely difficult. People just want to buy domains for <$5 especially on namespro. And my domains also dont really get noticed on Flippa. I have yet to try Sedo auctions, but I am not prepared to pay $10 and then it might not even get accepted?! Also just lost money so far.

Pierre Barnard, Jul 7, 2016 IP
  7. metalogics

metalogics Member

Best Answers:
    Well, you can but you need to be patient and fully devoted. There are a lot of domainers around already and they have well established reputation. For newbies, it is very difficult to enter into the market and be successful. But it is not something impossible.

Flippa / Sedo are waste of money and time. List your domain with Afternic, DomainNameSales, and Uniregistry. Search Google and find possible buyers for your domains. Then write an email to them to offer your domains.

It is much more complicated and hardworking process. But if you never give up, the result is far awesome.

metalogics, Jul 11, 2016 IP
  8. Pierre Barnard

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I also started listing with DomainNameSales, and Uniregistry.

Pierre Barnard, Jul 11, 2016 IP
  9. Karim Nasser

Karim Nasser Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You have to know what to buy, not only how to sell and where. Newly registered domains will most likely not sell for a high profit, or even any profit at all, the only exception are new technologies or trends, possibly brandable domains, but again it depends on market trends.

Karim Nasser, Jul 11, 2016 IP
  10. metalogics

metalogics Member

Best Answers:
    Great! Best of luck!

metalogics, Jul 11, 2016 IP
  11. jv1999

jv1999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey All!

Just wanted to give my update.

This month I experimented domaining! I just got my first sale today.

I bought a domain on GoDaddy for $14, and today I just sold it for $275!

There's still money in domaining, if you have a good eye for domains and if you know how to market your domains to potential clients.

For example: vacacion.ca is available :p. But you have to be a Canadian citizen to buy it. It should sell like hotcakes.

jv1999, Jul 22, 2016 IP
    dcristo likes this.
  12. Pierre Barnard

Best Answers:
    well done jv1999

Pierre Barnard, Jul 23, 2016 IP
  13. Mo' Money

Mo' Money Active Member

Best Answers:
    most of good domain and short premium already taken by old player! but if you do your homeworks, maybe you can get lucky finding one or two domain, and sell it to marketplace and make some quick bucks! but not many ppl can do this, simple because lack of fundamental about what is premium domain! and what is investment! for example if you buy, 3l.com in 2009, the price only $100 or even less! but when you buy 3l, in 2016, the price already more than 10k usd! basically playing domain same like playin forex! buy low sell top and make profits! ;) you could be right! but not all the times! i.e risky business!

Mo' Money, Jul 25, 2016 IP
  14. jv1999

jv1999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Or you could just find domains that people want... It takes creativity and being well-versed in the English language.

For example, I just bought BudgetAisle.com. Not sure if it will sell or not, but it's a very common term for the discount prices in supermarkets.

It will probably sell for $100 or more in 6 months.

jv1999, Jul 25, 2016 IP
  15. Mo' Money

Mo' Money Active Member

Best Answers:
    lets see in next 6 month! you could be right and make $90 profit or even more! its all about demmand and supply! if many ppl want your domain so bad, meanwhile only you that have that domain, you increase the price up 10,000 times from register fee! but if not, you will lose $10, same like forex! :)

Mo' Money, Jul 25, 2016 IP