1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I buy and old domain name or register a new one for my blog?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by bikerbanjara, Jul 9, 2016.

Hi friends
    What are the benefits of buying an aged domain? I am starting a new weight loss blog based on my personal experiences. The blog eill have some of my funny experiences and many recipes I developed myself. When I searched for the domains for sale, I couldnt find any name which goes with what I had in mind. I need the name to be fun, quirky and tells I lost real weight.

So are there benefits of buying an aged domain or should I go ahead and register my own name? Also any suggestions for domain name are welcome.

bikerbanjara, Jul 9, 2016 IP
    briguy likes this.
  2. metalogics

metalogics Member

Best Answers:
    Age does not matter in my opinion. It is always better to register a new keyword domain name (or even non .com as well) instead of buying non keyword, brand-able. At the end, it is your website content which matters.

I own one MightyFat.com which I'll be developing someday.

metalogics, Jul 11, 2016 IP
  3. Nargil

Nargil Active Member

Best Answers:
    Please, disregard the above answer, because it's completely wrong from start to finish. Domain age does matter and will always matter, now more than ever. Ranking takes longer and aged domains have brutal advantage. And yes, I am talking from experience. Old domain with dozens of quality backlinks already in place and some authority will always rank better from the bat than a new domain. Always. Period.

Nargil, Jul 15, 2016 IP
  4. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should choose the aged domain related to your business, this have many benefits and you should consider when choosing it. You can read some tips here http://ecoupon.io/aged-domains-5-important-things-know/

daica85, Jul 17, 2016 IP
  5. briguy

briguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Personally, I believe that not only is a domain age important but also it history! For example..domain may have been registered in 2008 but could have been a spam site.

I like to use https://archive.org/web/

briguy, Jul 17, 2016 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  6. Mashfi

Mashfi Member

Best Answers:
    Yes i belive that new domain name is better for new website. So you can create keyword based on search engine research. You can also select your new keyword by google keyword planner, which will help to find better keyword for new domain. But if you can find old domain name with perfect keyword, better check the seo status . ranking , pa, da, traffic source etc.

Mashfi, Jul 17, 2016 IP
  7. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Don't forget when buying any domain, ALWAYS do your due diligence to make sure it hasn't been penalized by Google.

Matthew Sayle, Jul 18, 2016 IP
  8. Mashfi

Mashfi Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, Thanks for your advice. can you tell that how we understand or check the old domain has been penalized by google or not?
    May there are some tools for checking it.

Mashfi, Jul 20, 2016 IP
  9. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can research about this here: http://seositecheckup.com/articles/part-1-identifying-a-google-penalty

daica85, Jul 20, 2016 IP