1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook Page DRASTIC decrease in reach, page likes, video views, etc. for weeks?

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by Ryan Stone, Jun 3, 2016.

Hello everyone,

I appreciate anyone's help with this. I help manage a 4+ million following brand page that at one point was getting on average 75,000 likes per week, 40-50 million video views, 60 million reach etc. However, after coincidentally getting a copyright infringement and video deletion from Facebook, our reach, page likes, video views, etc. has continuously gone down drastically. However, it's been nearly a month and everything still seems to be going down. We are now at 25,000 page likes per week (still decreasing), 10 million video views, and 22 million reach. It truly seems like our reach and video views are being bottlenecked by Facebook no matter what we do.

I am not sure if this could factor in as well, but we have increased our postings to try to get everything back up, but this hasn't helped at all and I don't know if it's another factor that led to this decrease. I have tried postings at different times, posting when the competition sleeps to get on news feeds, spacing out more, etc., but really nothing seems to be working. We are doing a 3-day trial of reducing our amount of content from 36 posts a day to 24 to see if it'll do anything, but I don't know what else to do.

Is this something we just need to wait out and is something that Facebook is specifically bottlenecking us because of our copyright infringement and not letting our content be seen by a majority of our audience, was there an algorithm change recently we were unaware of, or could their be other underlying issues we can try to fix or test out to see? Has anyone had this happen before after a copyright infringement issue or anything?

If anyone has any suggestions, we would deeply appreciate it!

Thank you so much!
    -Ryan

Ryan Stone, Jun 3, 2016 IP
  2. And_The-Teddy_Bach

And_The-Teddy_Bach Member

Best Answers:
    Ok. Definitely an algorithmic problem. Now you can't change the system, but you might can get it back on track. I agree, increasing the amount of posts was a bad idea. You should have cut it in half and increased the quality of the content. Rather post every second or third day, but post something that is worth sharing and liking in order to get engagement up. Facebook's algorithm is driven by engagement, so if you can get the numbers up with a lower amount of posts, it should get fine after a while.

It won't work immediately, but it's worth a trial.

And_The-Teddy_Bach, Jun 4, 2016 IP
  3. Ryan Stone

Ryan Stone Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the response And_The_Teddy_Bach!

Unfortunately we can't NOT put content out any day since we have a massive following, but we have been trying a lower number of posts and trying to focus on quality rather than quality. We haven't seen a change yet, but hopefully soon!

Ryan Stone, Jun 8, 2016 IP
  4. Michel Gerard

Michel Gerard Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree with the previous answer that the number of posts should be reduced because the more you have the more your reach is divided between the different posts. I believe 12 posts per day is a maximum to have a page that works well.

It would be beneficial to make less posts of better quality and boost them to get paid engagement and an increase in organic engagement in the process.

Michel Gerard, Jun 13, 2016 IP
  5. Mina25

Mina25 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi.
    If I Like a page that send to news feed 36 posts everyday I would probably Unlike it.

Now your real problem is not related to number on posts or the copyright incident....
    It is the Facebook News Feed Update from June 2016, but I suppose you know about it.
    From now on,Pages and Groups will be displayed less in News Feed, and will be displayed more/first posts from family and friends.

Here is the source , I hope that it is ok to post it : http://newsroom.fb.com/news/2016/06/building-a-better-news-feed-for-you/

Good luck.

Mina25, Jul 4, 2016 IP
  6. David G. Welch

David G. Welch Member

Best Answers:
    As its being said, you need to decrease the amount of posts, focus on good and appealing posts instead of large quantities of them, one good post can have more reach than five bad ones.

David G. Welch, Jul 19, 2016 IP
  7. Michel Gerard

Michel Gerard Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The Reach on Facebook as decreased so much since their change of algorithm in July that paying to post on someone else is not worth it in my opinion. Even if you post to a page perfectly targeted with 10K fans, less than 1% will see your post in their newsfeed.

What you have to do is run page post engagement ads on your own page targeting your ideal audience and this will also increase your organic reach at the same time. I can help with this if you are looking for someone.

Michel Gerard, Sep 4, 2016 IP