1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can't link account without phone number

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by TwinkleToedAssassin, Jul 17, 2016.

My account has been locked. It say I have to confirm a phone number but I don't have a phone that's on and can receive SMS. It's a little annoying because I skipped it with the intention of not needing to do this. If I need to put a number in, why would it give me an option to skip in the first place? Is there a way around this? Keep sending emails to twitter support and they keep telling me to put a number in

TwinkleToedAssassin, Jul 17, 2016 IP
  2. Benpick

Benpick Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Social media sites nowadays e.g. facebook, twitter etc. require phone numbers so they can send you a verification code to verify that the signup is not just spam. It is also use for security purposes e.g. if an account got hacked and you want to recover the account. It's also used for password reset. You can try one of your friends and ask him if you can enter his phone number and ask him for the verification code once you are sent one by twitter.

Benpick, Jul 17, 2016 IP
  3. David G. Welch

David G. Welch Member

Best Answers:
    You can use a public number for doing the verifications, or just ask for a friend to lend you his number for a while.

David G. Welch, Jul 18, 2016 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Buy a cheap phone, or go on prepaid and get your phone working. If your twitter account is that important you'll find a way.

How do you survive without a phone in your day to day life?

sarahk, Jul 18, 2016 IP
  5. shiva_rajput

shiva_rajput Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you can link without phone number.With the help of your gmail account you can easily link.

shiva_rajput, Jul 19, 2016 IP
  6. rf-harris

rf-harris Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can use any mobile number to verify you twitter account but once it said that you need to verify it then you have to verify it first before you can get its access back.

rf-harris, Jul 19, 2016 IP
  7. StSignal

StSignal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Exactly,verify first then you'll get your access back.

StSignal, Jul 25, 2016 IP
  8. Elena Babka

Elena Babka Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    On some sites, you can buy a phone number.It will be attached to your e-mail and here you will be receiving sms.

Elena Babka, Aug 20, 2016 IP