1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please share some general advices about buying a website and starting a business to get experience

Discussion in 'General Business' started by clash, Jul 13, 2016.

Hi all!

Let's say I buy for example this website for the purpose of training:
    https://flippa.com/6539621-photoshopeditingtutorials-com

I am photography enthusiast and it looks like a popular niche. I know few things about running Wordpress website.

What are first steps you would do after buying website like this one?
    I can't make new tutorials as I am learning from them. Maybe sometimes I could share some trick but I don't think it is enough.
    Which way I can get new content and how to promote this website? Is it even possible and worth doing?

How to get first traffic and start building a list?

Please suggest me some way to learn this.

Thank you

clash, Jul 13, 2016 IP
  2. KingViper

KingViper Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    there is nothing wrong with trying this, but if you are to convert it into a business, what will your business plan be?
    With such websites you would probably have two options:
    1. Ad revenue.
    2. Paid membership.

If you choose the second option, you should either have something more to offer than others in the niche, or some other benefit that would be worthy enough for people to pay for membership. Prior to getting there, it is important to be completely aware who will you e targeting. This is important for every website. If you guess that most visitors will be under the legal age, they will not have means to pay for membership. If you think most of the visitors will be adults with, say, jobs in design/advertising where tools for image manipulation are used daily, you will be looking at providing only highly advanced tutorials, because these customers will usually know the basic stuff and a lot more, as they will be doing this for living.

Either way, I suggest you be good (actually, very good and confident) at something before turning it into business. The best way would be for you to be a Photoshop guru who is creating interesting tutorials for novices, exclusive to your site. This would bring the biggest value. And then? Well, maybe you could start creating cool graphics sets that could be downloaded by your members at a very attractive price. This is then a business opportunity there. Or, since you love photography, you can end up with custom sets of filters/actions for Photoshop which would make most pictures look like the ones in your most popular tutorials.

TL;DR - Advance in your technical and artistic skills for photography since you already love doing this. Then turn it into business. Going the other way around will be harder and may not be worth your time.

KingViper, Jul 13, 2016 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. jv1999

jv1999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dude if you don't know anything about photo tutorials or photo editing in general, then don't go into that niche!

If you're trying to go into content marketing for a niche, you can't choose a niche you know 0 about. Because when you hire writers, you won't know whether they're bs'ing you or not with their articles.

Also don't buy a domain or a website wtf. Especially if you're doing it for testing purposes.

Just get your own domain and build a site from scratch and see how it goes and whether you like the niche and the ne w business.

jv1999, Jul 13, 2016 IP
  4. clash

clash Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am trying to learn enough to create a plan. With my experience, I have no idea what to do... I am planing to make money from ads for start. Maybe buy some articles on the topic or repost few from youtube and write about them...

I know enough about the topic, I hope so. I saw a lot of tutorials and I am into photography for years. I can see if there are quality articles.

Maybe I choose different topic. This is just example.

clash, Jul 13, 2016 IP
  5. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you to buy a website that come with topic that you have interest in.
    This is more easier for you to generate new content and keep the traffic coming in.

mentos, Jul 15, 2016 IP
  6. topcoder

topcoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When you design a website, you need to design it with SEO in mind.

1) Look for keywords that drive traffic in your niche
    2) Study SEO - How it works.
    3) Build the website around those keywords
    4) Come up with your Revenue plan (You won't make revenue if you don't get traffic 1 & 2 are important)
    5) Then move forward - (Start changing that website to match your business plan)

topcoder, Jul 18, 2016 IP