1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advice For Selling My Domain To Crayola? MyFavoriteColor.com

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by phaze3131, Jul 11, 2016.

Hey guys!

I have a domain I've had a while. MyFavoriteColor.com

My idea behind it is to allow people to name all 16,777,216 colors which just have #hex codes not "real" names.

For example Myfavoritecolor.com/Bluebie ..... for like #77C3F5

And I think a company like Crayola could use this idea and domain name, or maybe a company like Sherman Williams.

Some type of company that is really based around colors ya know?

Does anyone have any advice for maybe how I can sell this and make some money instead of just sitting on it year after year.

Thank you so so much for any tips!

Travis

phaze3131, Jul 11, 2016 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'd let them come to you.
    It's a bit like the million pixel project but you could let people buy colours for their loved ones - keep it personal and non-commercial
    and wait for the companies to come to you.

sarahk, Jul 11, 2016 IP
    sweetpea69 likes this.
  3. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its not a bad name, but its a name a company such as Crayola would register, perhaps defensively and/or just to have it. Getting your foot in the door with large companies is tough work as it is, and its not a name that will likely pique their interest. If you have to hesitate whether or not to renew a name, id say your better off letting it go.

sweetpea69, Jul 11, 2016 IP
  4. phaze3131

phaze3131 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    a few years ago I had a few offers, the most was for $600 so I'm definitely renewing it.

Was just hoping maybe someone had advice on how I can get the attention of people at Crayola or something and sell it for like $10,000 :)

Maybe I'll just try emailing them, but that will probably just go to some nonsense customer service rep, we'll see.

phaze3131, Jul 12, 2016 IP
    sweetpea69 likes this.
  5. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah it never hurts to try. I'd go for it then.

sweetpea69, Jul 12, 2016 IP
  6. Karim Nasser

Karim Nasser Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are other companies besides Crayola, think paint, think design, think art, marketing, etc.. so keep your options open. On the other hand no one is going to remember the names of 16 million+ colors. That's just my opinion, I hope it helps. It is in fact easier for web designers to use hex colors, as they can tell if it is blueish or greenish just by looking at the hex number, Google does the same by the way.

Karim Nasser, Jul 12, 2016 IP
  7. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Like most things in life, if there's a will and the time and energy to do it, there's a way. Ill reiterate from quite a bit of experience id say, it won't be an easy sale. Shooting out an email to the whois registrant won't likely illicit a response, but who's to say. Maybe try their press, marketing director, as their usually a bit more vocal and have them forward it to a higher up thats in charge. Usually hopping on the phone opposed to an email would be the better route, just limit the amount of emails, calls, etc. Know when to give up, because if you spam them, theyll give up. Tracking emails is nice, to see if theyve been at least been opened by the receipent, so you know when enough is enough. Again though, bigger businesses tend to register names like these, opposed to buying them second hand, granted it happens. But theyre more defensively registered, than for developing. Make sure you know the process of selling, transfering, etc, so your not wasting time. Escrow.com is typically the go to for managing the payment end of it. Update this post after youve tried if willing.

sweetpea69, Jul 12, 2016 IP
  8. Karim Nasser

Karim Nasser Greenhorn

Best Answers:

I would add the obvious which is buying is much simpler than selling. I don't have salesmanship skills, and I've learned to only invest in domains which are in the market and are easy to sell, because making cold calls to sell a domain requires skills.

Karim Nasser, Jul 12, 2016 IP