1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

server issues

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by peteuk, Jul 10, 2016.

I am not sure if server setup issue or domain issue, at the moment server is setup up correctly with cPanel/WHM using AWS (Linux) when go to a domain added to whm get default error unable find server so i check dnsstuff for error and i have 3, TCP Fail, MX Fail and SOA fail, so i have checked the WHM for nameserver and that all find and dns looks to be added fine but little unsure why domain not pointing to the server correctly.

peteuk, Jul 10, 2016 IP
  2. Roger S

Roger S Active Member

Best Answers:

Hello,

I am not sure if this will help.

Recently there are a lot of issues surfacing where AWS servers are not allowing cPanel instances correctly.

Alternatively, if you have been using the server for some time do try these steps.
    > check if the ports are open on the firewall and aws security policies
    > aws uses different technologies to map IPs so it could be related need to check if you can ping the public IP directly and can ssh to it from the local machine.
    > if the above are fine you can consider checking the DNS details via intodns.com and leafdns.com see if they point to the aws IPs correctly.
    > now check the services named and Apache on the aws server and see if they are working correctly.

Hope that helps.

Roger S, Jul 11, 2016 IP