1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need help starting SMM

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by cafecommk, Jun 5, 2016.

I need Your help. All is appreciated helping achieve my life goal.
    I have extremely good day job that pays well, but I decided I want to do what I like, not what I must.
    So I found a few clients that agree that I take over/develop their digital marketing. I know I can do it, but I have to learn fast and a lot.
    Can someone point me in the right direction, where should I start learning? Some links to online videos and discussions here on the board that You found helpful?
    Most important, would someone that does this for living want to share some knowledge, maybe even what tools should I use? Like social media planners or something?
    My focus is on FB, Instagram...Youtube, Twitter...
    Thank You...as always, here I found a lot of help.

cafecommk, Jun 5, 2016 IP
  2. jv1999

jv1999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why did they ask you to take over their digital marketing if you didn't know what to do? Did you lie to them? ;)

jv1999, Jun 5, 2016 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  3. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I had the same question.

danasurvey, Jun 5, 2016 IP
    KeithCash likes this.
  4. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know the burden :) you may wanna try learning to target your audience by the interest on Facebook, start with it as its rich with info.

etc, Jun 6, 2016 IP
  5. TomRider

TomRider Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The first thing you need to do is to create social media accounts, but you should choose those networks which that could get you more benefits.
    Then you should customize your accounts - they should be fully optimized, with illustrative and high-quality photos. Then what's important is that social media is alll about connections and communication, so you have to be present online and interact with others by liking, sharing, tweeting, commenting, etc.
    The next important step is engaging your audience - you need to help, to insipre, to guide, to teach, to inform. You can also do this by sharing interesting articles, useful resources, inspiration pictures.
    Something important that you should do is helping your clients. You could use your social presence in the purpose of getting in touch with your clients and finding ways to help them.
    In the end, avaluating results. Well-conducted social media marketing should raise awareness about your company and help you increase the profit.

TomRider, Jun 6, 2016 IP
    KeithCash and danasurvey like this.
  6. cafecommk

cafecommk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very ironic and direct :( I guess I deserve it.
    But, I always pay up to my responsibilities, so I will do it. Even if I have to work all night.
    They asked for my help (involvement) in creating their strategic/marketing plan and we made a deal. After that they complained that they don't have solution...so I offered my help also. Since I follow the segment, I know what is needed, but I have to learn how to do it.

cafecommk, Jun 6, 2016 IP
  7. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    when you kept thinking you can do it, you will eventually achieve it. so go on!
    you are in your way now, part of social media marketing is participating on forums and you know exactly where to asks - a webmasters forum which is digitalpoint.

etc, Jun 6, 2016 IP
  8. LastMandDown

LastMandDown Peon

Best Answers:
    Check out some online courses like viralhack.com or coursera's/alison's classes. You can find some great info there!

LastMandDown, Jul 8, 2016 IP
  9. David G. Welch

David G. Welch Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, check some of the courses that are available, there are some interesting stuff in youtube as well, and you can also suscribe to social media blogs, they always give some very good advices.
    And cheer up!, you can learn! :)

David G. Welch, Jul 8, 2016 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  10. PaulHThomas

PaulHThomas Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The first thing that you must do is to select the best social media for your website that can provide you best results in future. Keep engaging with your audience so that they have full faith in you and try to gain their attention and make them to like your page as well.

PaulHThomas, Oct 24, 2016 IP
  11. cafecommk

cafecommk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Update!
    I did great job for my first client. I helped a lot growing their sales (over 2m) and built an e store for them. We worked for 2 years.
    Now we are a 4 people team! We have more clients and a good name.
    Anything is possible if You believe and really put Yourself into it!
    We are all learners, everyday. We would not be here if it is not so!
    Thanks everyone!

cafecommk, Oct 13, 2019 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.
  12. James Fredrick

James Fredrick Peon

Best Answers:
    No question asked!

Here is the first thing that you need to do:
    1- Develop a strategy - now that varied from client to client. You can not simply use the same technique for each of your clients.
    2- Build graphics and content around your strategy.
    3- Choose the right platform and prioritize the rest.
    4- Let the word out but make sure not to spam. Spam will destroy the authority of your client plus you won't get any benefit of traffic or sales.

That's the basic strategy that i follow. You may try it if you want

James Fredrick, Oct 24, 2019 IP
  13. jibranseo

jibranseo Member

Best Answers:
    hi, if you still need help so i am jibran seo at google
    let me know.

jibranseo, Nov 3, 2019 IP
  14. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You work for Google??

malky66, Nov 4, 2019 IP
  15. kateshaw

kateshaw Peon

Best Answers:
    Try using tools such as InfluX, which is an effective Instagram growth service, management, analysis and automation tool. These kind of services help a lot with your SMM and just make your life easier. Try reading various blogs on the topic also, they can be pretty useful. InfluX has a blog of it's own as well, where various SMM professionals tell you how to optimise your social media accounts' performance and how to get real Instagram Followers as fast as possible.
    Hope that helps. Cheers.

kateshaw, Dec 18, 2019 IP
  16. hilhilginger

hilhilginger Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are many in this out-braking digital industry and a clear basement for starting SMM involves to have 1000s of clients in your port folio.There is simple way is to start a smm panel website and offer your service at cheaper rate or even free for a month time to catch new clients.In order to start a panel website you need zero investment as you can run WordPress site with a SMM-API plug-in and connect with many servers for offering cheap services to clients.The risky part is to market your panel yourself and draw traffic.If that is possible then you are in digital marketing business.

hilhilginger, Feb 4, 2020 IP