1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this the best method

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by eric_wahlberg, Jul 7, 2016.

Hi Everybody,

I am a content writer and have recently started writing and posting articles in article directories (ezine, and sooper) on various topics like home cleaning, politics, cosmetic surgery, travel and many more with my link in resource page.

What do you think, is it the right strategy for promoting your service and acquiring clients or shall I try something else?

eric_wahlberg, Jul 7, 2016 IP
  2. Nargil

Nargil Active Member

Best Answers:
    I honestly doubt it will help you to get much traffic. For SEO purposes yes... though even that is questionable. It will help with anchor diversity for sure. But in regards of traffic... it will be minimal.

If you were to look for some service, would you check Ezine articles? I honestly doubt that you would.

Nargil, Jul 7, 2016 IP
  3. TuesZ

TuesZ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have gotten great traffic from the bio area on Ezine but I think it varies on the niche and what you're promoting and/or even how you wrote what you write. There is nothing bad with what you're doing but if you not getting any traffic from this is may fall in to place down the road. Try writing your content differently maybe?

TuesZ, Jul 7, 2016 IP
  4. briguy

briguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One of the main advantages about writing these types of articles (assuming the site doesn't close down or your article gets deleted or your site goes offline) is that you might recieve traffic, months and sometimes years after it was written.

briguy, Jul 7, 2016 IP
  5. nomadingrey

nomadingrey Member

Best Answers:
    You can also use article directories as part of your portfolio. I'm still developing mine, but it does generate a bit of traffic like @TuesZ said. Directories that screen articles closely work really well too. They show that you can pass a certain set of standards that clients tend to expect from content writers.

As a way to generate sales, however, there are better ways than posting articles on directories. You can add a link to a landing page on your profile or the articles themselves, but potential clients don't really go through article directories to find writers. Finding clients looking for article writers (i.e. on DP's marketplace or freelance sites) is a more direct route.

nomadingrey, Jul 7, 2016 IP
  6. Vision2Code

Vision2Code Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can use those articles to show potential clients your writing skills, but that's all its good for. You should be applying for writing gigs on sites like upwork, guru and freelancer.com.

Vision2Code, Jul 7, 2016 IP
  7. mrforum

mrforum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have the same impression :) I am pushing articles these days to two of my blogs and both of them are completely new. But i hope over time search engines will pick my content and i will get some traffic.

mrforum, Jul 8, 2016 IP
    briguy likes this.
  8. nick5nichols

nick5nichols Member

Best Answers:
    It appears that you're a writer, so continue with the content approach, only maybe take some of your content and reshape it.

Like turn it into an infographic and put it out on the social sites. Or, convert it into a slide presentation and post on SlideShare or similar sites. Or, convert your content into a video course and share it for free on YouTube. All these include your link of course!

Hope that helps!

nick5nichols, Jul 8, 2016 IP
    briguy likes this.